- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 13767024, 5 anni faI use a widget to quickly type a search from my Android home screen, and it then performs a Google search using my default browser, Firefox.
For some reason, this search is performed before this add-on can load because I always get the crappy search page on the first search when Firefox itself wasn't already loaded.
It fixes itself if I simply reload the page, or perform a new search. I also get the same behavior with other similar add-ons.
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 13462753, 5 anni fawhat is the different to this older addon? :
Chrome UA on Google for Firefox Android
Replica dello sviluppatorepubblicato il 5 anni faThanks for letting me know about this other addon! Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but based on their source code, the differences are minor, but enough that I feel this is a worthwhile alternative:
- This addon specifically only overrides Google Search pages, not all Google apps/subdomains like maps (since they don't all need this treatment like Search does).
- This addon uses a tablet user-agent string if you're using Firefox on a tablet, rather than just always spoofing a phone user-agent string.
- This addon adds "FxQuantum/version" to the user-agent string it uses, so if anyone is paying attention they will know that you're not actually using Chrome (which may not achieve anything, but I still feel it's worth doing so).
- This addon keeps the major Chrome version number it uses equal to your running Firefox version plus 4, so the addon may not require as many updates (it should effectively always present itself like the latest version of Mobile Chrome).