- oleh Pengguna Firefox 14342162, 3 tahun yang laluDiberi peringkat 5 dari 5Dude you just stole my heart with this addon. This is working perfectly as I wanted to. I want to add more User-Agents and OS and others for that I need your kind help. I have emailed you to the support email listed for this addon page.
*** I'm seeking for your attention dear admin of this addon sir ***
I need your kind help to add more User-Agents, OS, Versions etc.
Can you publish an Updated Version soon? Or else You can help me to add manually?
I'm really not aware of user-agents for different browsers and OS.
*** Waiting for your response ***Sorry for the late response, I didn't see your message earlier unfortunately. The list of shipped User-Agents was recently updated. I do not plan on extending the shipped User-Agent list, since maintaining it is quite a bit of work and don't want to add any obscure entries.
You can, however, add you own entries in the settings (Menu → Add-Ons → Extensions → User-Agent-Switcher → Preferences). In order to find the strings you need I'd suggest looking at http://useragentstring.com/pages/useragentstring.php which has a very big list of those (they are not always up-to-date however).
- oleh Pengguna Firefox 13669296, 3 tahun yang laluDiberi peringkat 5 dari 5Unlike some other apps I saw suggested from Firefox & others results from Apps search & Google search this 1 actually was to UPLOAD images to certain sites like Instagram (90% of the others were to download images already posted on sites by other people instead of using screenshot apps, almost complete opposite of what I was searching for). And even better you explained how it works & how to use it RIGHT in certain internet servers. That helped a lot more than what I got from Google (lol. Some results were even outdated/impossible to use now). This saved me time & even money because now I don't have to go buy a smartphone just to actually/fully use a website (or 2+).
- oleh Pengguna Firefox 9842646, 3 tahun yang laluDiberi peringkat 5 dari 5Love it that you can add custom strings (just use Ctrl + V to paste). It works very well. It doesn't fool the Firefox add on site, but I see this is a Firefox policy, and the developer has provided a work around. This is a terrific, easy to understand and use add on. It does fool Google and all the user-agent testing sites.Thanks for the review! Unfortunately this is a limitation of the WebExtension API: The Firefox add-on site is blacklisted from manipulations of extensions due to browser policy. I've added this (and a manual workaround) to add-on's description.
- oleh Pengguna Firefox 14298432, 3 tahun yang laluDiberi peringkat 1 dari 5Tested this addon against sites like: https://panopticlick.eff.org/
As you will clearly see when you test it for yourself, it does not work.
Set it to windows / IE : here is my test result
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko
as you can clearly see it does not work.I'm not sure what you are complaining about, but the above is a “Windows 7 64-bit running Internet Explorer 11 32-bit” user-agent. I see nothing unexpected with this result.
- oleh Pengguna Firefox 14294484, 3 tahun yang laluDiberi peringkat 4 dari 5Missing the "append" mode and a confirmation check when you delete a existing user-agent string.
Apart from that, its fine and simple.
- oleh none999999, 3 tahun yang laluDiberi peringkat 3 dari 5This is pretty decent. The Playstation default I like as it forces a lot of broken websites (eg. Gmail, YouTube) to work. The downside is adding or changing them does not work. And the CURL and WGET are bad options as they make websites think you're some scraper bot.Thanks for the review!
Could you please elaborte what you mean by “The downside is adding or changing them does not work”? I do not unfortunately understand what you mean by this.
Having the CLI tools options available is good for testing for the exact behaviour you describe as “bad”. Some sites also hide/modify content from web browsers, but only deliver them to bots and specialized client software for automated processing – feeds/podcasts are a prominent example of this.
- oleh Pengguna Firefox 13926692, 3 tahun yang laluDiberi peringkat 3 dari 5great extension but
please add domain exception list, some sites look terrible on big screen and some other force you to open site with app like soundcloud and fb messenger