Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Tutup
About this Add-on
Development of this add-on is only starting now. I plan to add many more features to it over time, mostly from my personal preferences for what the browser should feel like. You are welcome to make any suggestions, if there's something specific you are looking for just tell me about it, and if it's something that fits the add-on I will gladly add your suggestion. Just please use the contact methods listed above, so I have a way to communicate with you!
For those who aren't aware, Australis is the name of the current Firefox theme, which first appeared in Firefox 29. It is an almost complete overhaul not only of the general aspect of the browser, but also of the underlying customization system. This add-on aims to fully and seamlessly integrate with Australis, while at same time providing a different, and hopefully better, feel when using the browser.
Slim Chrome: Compress the top toolbars, including the location bar, into a tiny bar at the top of the browser, to save screen space and display web content to the maximum!
- To access the toolbars, just move your mouse to the top of the window, or hit F6 to focus the location bar, and they will roll out in front of you.
- The navigation bar can optionally be set so that it won't hide with the other toolbars. In this case, it will remain at the top of the browser like before, and only other toolbars, such as the Bookmarks Toolbar, will be hidden.
- A mini bar, containing the current location, will appear when you change webpages, or when you are typing passwords, so that you are always sure of where you are.
-- This mini bar can optionally appear when the cursor is on any other type of input field.
- In addition to its corresponding option in the add-on's preferences dialog, Slim Chrome can be enabled or disabled through the toolbars context menu, and through a customizable keyboard shortcut, which by default is F9.
- There are many appearance choices available (see screenshot), and also many different animation options. Try them all and choose the combination that best suits your taste!
Sky Lights give you information about the current website, neatly packed into a small area at the top of the browser, so that you can always feel safe without the need to show all the toolbars for this.
- Clicking the lights will open the same informative popup that usually opens when you click the identity box in the location bar.
- In case firefox blocked any content from loading for your safety, you can unblock it via clicking the light as well, just as you would by clicking the shield icon in the location bar.
- It is possible for other add-ons to add their own Sky Light, if they wish to fully integrate with Slim Chrome via this system. Please visit the following page for more information and, to add-on developers, for easy to follow instructions on how to do this: https://github.com/Quicksaver/The-Fox--Only-Better/issues/52.
Important: the location bar, with the currently visited URL and the identity box next to it, provides you with crucial security information, to let you know that you are always where you should be and that it is safe to be there. Therefore, the add-on will not allow you to disable both the Sky Lights and the mini bar when changing locations, otherwise you won't have access to this information if the toolbars are hidden. Likewise, neither feature is needed when the navigation bar isn't included in the hidden toolbars, so they won't be enabled in this case either.
Why have you chosen this name?
Because the add-on doesn't change how the browser works, it only improves how it feels using it.
Why is the add-on's icon a little green ball? What does the green ball mean?
I wonder about that myself.
- Bugfix: refix the appearance glitches with the Compact style which the last release intended to fix