To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Tutup
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Tutup
About this Add-on
The screenshots give a general exposition of the tools and options supported by the extension. Note that the provided toolbar button must be added manually from the toolbar palette to be accessible.
If you have arrived to this page searching how to change the interface language once and for all, the recommended choice is to download and reinstall the entire application (either Firefox, Thunderbird or SeaMonkey) already translated to the target language.
Note that it's not to manage the preferred languages for the content of webpages, or the language for the spell-checker.
Available in: German (de), Lower Sorbian (dsb), Greek (el), English (en-US), Spanish (es-ES), French (fr), Upper Sorbian (hsb), Latvian (lv), Dutch (nl), Portuguese (Brazilian, pt-BR), Romansh (rm), Russian (ru), Serbian (sr), Ukrainian (uk-UA) and Simplified Chinese (zh-CN).
You can help with the localization to other regions at BabelZilla. Arabic (ar) is currently the most wanted.
Users in experimental builds of Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey (Nightly/Daily/Aurora and so on): don't miss an important advice, in the Developer's Comments section, below.
- Users of language packs in a experimental updates channel (Nightly/Daily and, to a lesser extent, Aurora and Beta) are prone to, after an update of the application or a switch of the preferred language, found a ugly error message at startup or window loading, which prevents any further interaction, with the words "...Parsing Error: undefined entity...". It's caused by the language pack in use, which is incomplete. To fix it, force the execution of the application in Safe Mode, and then disable the conflicting langpack via the Add-ons Manager.
- Uninstalling this extension doesn't revert the value of any touched application preference; it shouldn't be considered as a method for to "fix" undesired language configurations.
The main icon used by this extension is from the icon theme of the Tango Desktop Project.
- Fixed: broken icon of the toolbar button when using a dark background theme in releases 31 to 40 of Thunderbird and Windows 7/8/10, besides other minor icon sizing ajustments.
There is still an unconfirmed report about it not being fixed in the mentioned environments: help to be able to replicate it is needed.
- Added new localizations: Russian (ru) and Ukrainian (uk-UA). Thanks to goldenapple from babelzilla.org for providing them.
- Changed: The option to show the respective language tag next to each language entry in the menu of the toolbar button is now enabled by default. It still can be changed anytime in the options window of the add-on, accessible via the Add-ons Manager.