Ulasan untuk one sec | delay distracting websites
one sec | delay distracting websites oleh riedel.wtf GmbH
- Diberi peringkat 5 dari 5oleh KH, 5 hari yang laluAmazing extension that actually manages to reduce unnecessary website switching, really makes you think before entering procrastination mode.
- Diberi peringkat 5 dari 5oleh Bflat, 2 bulan yang laluGreat extension, although I had one problem with it so far, concerning the addition of domains that have more than one .something after the domain's name.
I'm not very tech savvy so I'm not sure about the best way to phrase this, but, basically, it seems the problem concerns domains that are specific to some countries. So, for example, ''something.co.uk'', or ''something.com.fr''. Whenever I try to add these sites to the block list, they are added with a comma instead of a dot preceding the country defining part of the domain (like ''something.co,uk''), and the extension doesn't work on these sites. I've tried both swapping the comma for a dot (something.co.uk) and removing the country defining part entirely (something.co) and leaving just the .com or the .co, etc, but neither made the extension be triggered by entering the sites.
Also, I had an idea that I'd like to share: one thing that I think could be interesting would be for the ''I don't want to open (...)'' button to be accessible from the start, whilst the ''continue on (...)'' would continue to appear only after the take a deep breath animation finished, so the person using the extension could have a bigger chance of choosing to refrain from using the site. Maybe it could be a toggleable customization.
- Diberi peringkat 5 dari 5oleh Daddy, 3 bulan yang laluI have the phone app for this, and I was very excited when I discovered the extension. While it doesn't have (or need) all the functionalities of the phone app - although I believe they are working on adding more - it does the main thing it is supposed to do (delay visiting a website). For me, this was honestly a huge deal. Just blocking websites using other extensions didn't work for me, I ended up unblocking them because I still wanted to visit the site itself. With this, it actively makes me reflect on why I want to visit the site, or if I want to visit it at all. I end up spending a lot less time on these websites, which I am very grateful for.
Overall, this extension has been a very big deal for me, just as the phone app has.
By the way, if you have similar issues with opening up apps on your phone and you have IOS - I highly recommend going to check out the phone app.
Edit in response to Frederik: Yes, I agree! The extension as-is works very well, being able to add websites to the list with a couple clicks, adjust exercise duration, and configure intentional switching is great and they all work seamlessly. Adding additional functionalities on top is just icing on the cake :)
Balasan pengembangdikirim 3 bulan yang laluThanks a lot for your feedback! You are right, we’ll improve the extension over time to add features from the iOS app. But we had to start somewhere, and I also thought that the extension as-is is already quite good in keeping you away to end up on distracting websites all the time. Thanks for understanding, and thanks for your support!
- Diberi peringkat 4 dari 5oleh melat0nin, 3 bulan yang laluGreat idea and execution, though the intentional switching is sometimes a little glitchy.
It would be good if in addition to the deep breath, there was also some additional, dynamic friction introduced. For example, the buttons ('I do not want to visit X' / 'I want to visit X') could shift position to a different corner of the screen each time the extension is displayed, in order to actively engage the user at the point of making the choice. As it is, I find that already I am in the habit of just waiting the 5 seconds then automatically clicking the 'I want to visit X' button, which somewhat undermines the goal of the extension.
This is my problem, of course, but adding a little extra, dynamic friction of this kind to the interstitial page after the breath would strengthen the question of whether I *really* want to visit the website -- and thus enhance the value of the extension.
Balasan pengembangdikirim 3 bulan yang laluThanks, great feedback! We’ll work on making the intervention effect event better in upcoming updates! In regards to the intentional website switching, could you describe the problem in a bit more detail? Feel free to reach out via firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Diberi peringkat 5 dari 5oleh mrbigboi, 4 bulan yang laluFantastic extension! I just got it today and I'm already saving so much time. I would love to be able to set my intentions the way I can on my iphone though
Balasan pengembangdikirim 4 bulan yang laluThanks for your feedback! The browser extensions are fairly new, so we dont have all the features available here yet. But we’re working on bringing them over step by step :)