- Diberi peringkat 5 dari 5oleh cheatfreak47, sebulan yang laluLocalCDN is a bit of a "tin-foil hat" style privacy tool if you ask me.
The prospect of relatively generic online resources hosted on content delivery networks being used to track you is definitely questionable, but on the other hand, reducing your networking footprint is still a generally good thing to do regardless- and LocalCDN seems to help with that goal, to some extent.
It seems to work, and it rarely causes trouble for sites most of the time, and it even supports whitelisting individual sites, so when it does break things, you can make it unbreak those things.
It's good but it's still up in the air how much this is actually contributing to your online privacy, if you ask me.
- Diberi peringkat 3 dari 5oleh Tar-Man, 2 bulan yang laluAmazing in principle, and props for keeping Decentraleyes up-to-date. But in practice I kept having issues with exception fields not saving properly, sync not being reliable, and too much manual intervention required for sites that had issues. It's up to you if that's worth it to you. Very responsive dev. Wish I could rate higher.
Balasan pengembangdikirim sebulan yang laluThanks for your feedback. I've been testing Firefox Sync for the last few days and could not find any errors while it was running, but I could find a few issues right after browser start. Hopefully these changes will fix the problem: https://codeberg.org/nobody/LocalCDN/issues/1510
- Diberi peringkat 1 dari 5oleh Soto, 2 bulan yang lalu"Breaking youtube..."!😮Breaking youtube..Breaking youtube..Breaking youtube..Breaking youtube..Breaking youtube..Breaking youtube..Breaking youtube..
Balasan pengembangdikirim 2 bulan yang laluNo, LocalCDN blocks Google Fonts by default. Just allow it globally for all websites or only for YouTube in the options of LocalCDN.
More information available here: https://codeberg.org/nobody/LocalCDN/wiki#user-content-26-i-ve-a-problem-with-google-services-e-g-google-maps-or-youtube
- Diberi peringkat 3 dari 5oleh DR, 3 bulan yang laluThe "Disable Google Fonts" option keeps re-enabling itself. I have to disable it every time i restart the browser
Balasan pengembangdikirim 3 bulan yang laluIf you are using the "Sync" storage option, then there is a problem with Firefox Sync Storage here right now. See here: https://codeberg.org/nobody/LocalCDN/issues/1510
- Diberi peringkat 2 dari 5oleh Michał Turek, 4 bulan yang laluI have disabled `Block Google Fonts` option more than 10 times already but this option keeps re-enabling itself after every browser restart even on fresh profile. This keeps breaking YouTube. Bug may be related with Firefox Sync between multiple Firefox browsers on multiple devices
Balasan pengembangdikirim 3 bulan yang laluYes, it's because of Firefox's sync store. On desktop it worked very well for a long time, but unfortunately not on mobile. That it now also does not work on the desktop is new.
I have extended the wiki, marked the option as beta and created an issue on Codeberg: https://codeberg.org/nobody/LocalCDN/issues/1510
- Diberi peringkat 5 dari 5oleh Pengguna Firefox 17970086, 4 bulan yang laluDunno what people are talking about. No issues with Youtube and I never had to unbreak a single site because of this extension. Must have other issues and blaming it on this.
- Diberi peringkat 1 dari 5oleh Pengguna Firefox 16941722, 5 bulan yang lalubrokes youtube icons
Balasan pengembangdikirim 5 bulan yang laluNot really. The extension blocks Google Fonts in the default settings. It's all described in the FAQs: https://codeberg.org/nobody/LocalCDN/wiki#user-content-26-i-ve-a-problem-with-google-services-e-g-google-maps-or-youtube
- Diberi peringkat 4 dari 5oleh Pengguna Firefox 16548668, 7 bulan yang laluIt's a good extension. I would give it 5 stars, if I wouldn't have this displease: after restarting Firefox my "Deactivate LocalCDN for these domains" list gets reset. I would like a fix for this (or an option to disable the resetting behavior) -- I assume this is a bug, since it happens on my personal and my work PCs in Ff, but not in Chrome-based browsers.
Balasan pengembangdikirim 7 bulan yang laluSorry for the late reply. Unfortunately I can't reproduce this. Have you ever tested this with a fresh profile?
It would be better if you create a ticket to analyze this: https://codeberg.org/nobody/LocalCDN