- Diberi peringkat 5 dari 5oleh siffemoz, 2 tahun yang laluThis is a great addon! But it seems I'm having the same problem as Firefox user 13715371 below; deleted items keep reappearing on all my feeds. 14 feeds are for Reddit, and 2 others aren't. This just started happening a couple of days ago.
Edit: thanks for the update. The other two seem to be OK for now, at least. The are https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-us/thunderbird/extensions/format:rss and
https://notepad-plus-plus.org/index.xmlReddit had a bug in their RSS generation which was fixed just a second ago.
Can you send the URLs of the other two feeds (non-Reddit) at are causing problems to email@example.com please?
PS. Facebook group parsing is also broken in 4.9.5 (due to Facebook API change) but 4.9.7 is in the manual AMO review queue which should fix that.
- Diberi peringkat 5 dari 5oleh Honeymelon, 2 tahun yang laluLove it, if it would work with the firefox app and also sync everything this would be overkill and the best reader IMO. How do I add Telegram Chats? Can I add all types of chats? I tried to add an open channel chat with its link but it didnt workFeedbro supports Telegram URLs like: https://t.me/s/netflix
So if you first open https://t.me/netflix then you need to click "Preview channel" and then click Feedbro icon and choose "Find Feeds in Current Tab".
Sync API is unfortunately useless due to size restrictions (max 100 kB of data can be saved and max size for a single key is 8 kB). That isn't enough even for storing feed subscription data.
- Diberi peringkat 3 dari 5oleh Pengguna Firefox 13715371, 2 tahun yang laluWhen I try to dismiss new items, they keep repopulating. I never know when new feeds are available because I keep getting notified about feeds I have already seen.
EDIT: the URL is [https://nrhtx.bywatersolutions.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?&limit=mc-loc%3A%22NEWDVD%22&count=50&sort_by=acqdate_dsc&format=rss]EDIT: thanks for the link. Please open that in a normal browser tab so that you can see that elements don't have [pubDate] or [dc:date] tag (which they should have since the feed claims to be RSS 2.0). Due to this Feedbro generates timestamps for the item (article) entries. But when you delete such loaded article, Feedbro has no way of knowing whether the article was loaded before (because it's now removed from the Feedbro database). This is why Feedbro downloads the article again.
Solution: don't delete articles that are provided by such feeds (that don't have datestamps).
What's the feed URL? If you are deleting articles and the feed does not date stamps for the articles in the XML, that can happen.
- Diberi peringkat 5 dari 5oleh Pengguna Firefox 16024671, 2 tahun yang laluPowerful and easy to use. Just great. I would even like it better if the "Feed Tree" could appear as a choice for Firefox standard sidebar.
- Diberi peringkat 4 dari 5oleh Valerio, 2 tahun yang laluFeedbro is definitely my favourite feed reader for Firefox. My only gripe with it is that you can't seem to disable loading images in articles, which I remember I could do in some old XUL based feed readers, thus the 4 stars. Otherwise I have no complaints: it offers a ton of customizability in terms of appearance, layout and font type and size, and it loads new feeds instantly without impacting on the browser performance.
- Diberi peringkat 5 dari 5oleh Pengguna Firefox 16699356, 2 tahun yang laluI love all about this, but one bug exist: news article can not be deleted when I delete them using button in FF bar. It acts like article was deleted, but after browser restart article is back like nothing happened. Good for me I almost never using this feature. Just looks weird, really. It is not a matter of "indexdb" mentioned, since all other features work and settings and news are being saved or deleted(from inside of addon) normally.Feedbro does not immediately save changes to the disk. So if you delete an article and close the browser right after that, changes aren't persisted. Pending changes are written to the disk periodically so you need to wait a while. This is purely for performance reasons because for example when marking articles as read, it would be quite inefficient to write all changes immediately.
- Diberi peringkat 3 dari 5oleh Clément, 2 tahun yang laluSad that it does not work with MacRumors. Pretty cool for the other news websites I use. Thank you!Works fine on http://feeds.macrumors.com/MacRumors-All - what URL doesn't work?
EDIT: user found out that the reason for this was that they had Firefox's standard "HTTPS-Only" mode on and that MacRumous feed supports just HTTP. Even disabling the requirement for the site doesn't help because apparently HTTPS requirement is still enforced for every URL using XMLHttpRequest API that Feedbro uses.
Bug report has been submitted: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1692811
- Diberi peringkat 2 dari 5oleh Pengguna Firefox 12922188, 2 tahun yang laluPretty GUI but limited functionality. Some feeds wont update, can not load more than 100 articles from a feed etc.
Thank you for reply but this is not a support request I tried many RSS readers to find the best suited for my needs and this is my impression of this extension. Around 80% of other readers I tried doesnt have such problems so I gave you 2 stars. I already tried the method you mentioned and it doesnt work for me. You made a pretty looking GUI but for me this is not so much important as simple use, functionality and fast retrieving of many articles. Good luck in your future work.
I need rss for podcast downloading but the problem is present on all feeds I tried and cause is that 'Maximum entries to save' context menu entry is not working for me so I canot get more than max default 100 entries. If for example default max is set to 2 articles than I cannot get an individual feed to download more than 2 articles. Options value is accepted and set correctly but has no effect on number of articles downloaded. I am using latest Firefox fresh clean install.EDIT: Feedbro can save more than 100 articles per feed (see e.g. https://i.imgur.com/tVrquyl.png). However, we did find that in versions prior to 4.9.9 there was a bug that the "add feed dialog" didn't respect the custom "maximum entries to save" during the initial first load. In subsequent loads it was respected so it was possible to save more than 100 articles but it required that the feed provided new entries.
This is now fixed in 4.9.9+ so that the max entries setting is also respected during the first load (if the feed happens to provide enough articles - many XML feeds have just 10 or 20 latest articles).
Also it's highly likely that some feeds that don't seem to update have some problem. We are always happy to help our users to find out what the problem is but generic statements like that don't help anyone. Post some URLs of feeds that don't work please.
You can save more than 100 articles per feed. Right-click the feed in the feed tree, select Properties and adjust the max count. If feed doesn't update, there's a problem with the feed.
Reviews aren't meant for support requests. If you have a problem, send us an email at feedbro.reader AT gmail.com with the links to problematic feeds.
- Diberi peringkat 5 dari 5oleh OneSource, 2 tahun yang laluTHE BEST! THE ONLY RSS EXTENSION YOU WILL EVER NEED! This extension caught me be surprised to say the least. Before downloading Feedbro I never really used/knew/or cared about RSS feeds, but now I will never go back! Feedbro isn't like other RSS/Feed Readers, most only have the ability to display RSS feeds, meaning you have to find/copy/paste the address of the feed and for the most part that isn't an issue, but with Feedbro's ability to Grab a Feed from a page you are able to do all types of things with it. For instance, the online platform that my college uses for our course information is coded in such a way that allows Feedbro to grab the contents of certain/different pages and update the content as they update. I would love a Feedbro app: something that can interact with the desktop and syncs the user's information/feeds. So the app wouldn't need all of the functionality of the extension, but if there was something to install that could be pinned to the Start Menu as a Live Tile. There are some in the Microsoft store already but they are not as clean as Feedbro, also the ability to just sync feeds would be nice.
- Diberi peringkat 5 dari 5oleh Arwis, 2 tahun yang laluЛучшая читалка RSS, которой я когда-либо пользовался. Но есть один недочёт - все вновь (с новыми датой и временем публикации) полученные статьи должны помечаться как "непрочитанные", даже если они были ранее получены 5 мин. назад.
- Diberi peringkat 5 dari 5oleh Sugoi, 2 tahun yang laluGreat add-on! I like the simple design and the high degree of customizability. Best part for me is the 'Rule engine' that allows me to filter out any content not relevant to me!