Csillagos értékelés: 3,6 / 5
5-ből 3,6 csillag
- készítette: janvandijk, 11 éveCsillagos értékelés: 5 / 5This extension does what it claims: it generates queries in a very intelligent way, making it impossible for search engines to build consistent profiles about you and then abuse that data for their own purposes. The RSS feature allows you to enter as many RSS feeds as you like, thus building a huge database of search terms that the engines cannot predict nor easily recognize as artificial. I myself have some 20 different RSS feeds entered into it, from which Trackmenot can draw useful terms that have nothing to do with my own person. My private information is thus hidden inside a cloud of nonsense that Google is welcome to have.
Deleting cookies does not protect your privacy from search engines, because they can identify you by other means, such as IP address. Besides, the deleted cookie is simply recreated every time you use the engine, and for the entire session you will then be monitored.
It is also untrue that search engines will block you. If you use this extension properly (with your own RSS feeds, and by not settting the query frequency at its highest level) you will never, ever be blocked from using the search. I've been using it for two years now and I haven't been blocked even once.
- készítette: henkie666, 11 éveCsillagos értékelés: 3 / 5Like an other reviewer said: "In theory this is a GREAT addon. BUT google and other search engines are stopping automated searches and are trying to prevent programs like this from running. Also if you run spyware remover and antivirus and delete your cookies then third parties won't get person information instead of just hiding your searches."
A nice alternative to google is scroogle.org, uses google but: no cookies|no search-term records|access log deleted within 48 hours. There's also an SSL version(AES 256 bit) https://ssl.scroogle.org
Here's a way to install it as a Firefox search engine:
- készítette: outdoorsman19, 11 éveCsillagos értékelés: 5 / 5I thru some of these reviews and am amazed at the lack of knowledge on this. spyware/malware is not what this program is for. search engines do data mining and profiling based on your IP address. scanners/etc dont do anything for this. that is what this is. when google/yahoo/etc have been known to release information(for example to the CHINESE goverment, etc) then its great that someone coded a program like this to combat it. although after a while it will get you black listed with the search engines.
if you think that spyware/malware is even in the same ballpark then you need to google data mining.
- készítette: Daedalus_SGA, 11 éveCsillagos értékelés: 1 / 5In theory this is a GREAT addon. BUT google and other search engines are stopping automated searches and are trying to prevent programs like this from running. Also if you run spyware remover and antivirus and delete your cookies then third parties won't get person information instead of just hiding your searches.
- készítette: francesco, 11 éveCsillagos értékelés: 5 / 5I'm sorry if my english is bad but I'm Italian... I've read some of the last comments and I'm not sure that if you use another language than english, for example italian, it's works.
Someone can help me?
Thankyou very much.
- készítette: Brad Scott, 11 éveCsillagos értékelés: 5 / 5I love the add-on. It does not slow my PC down any. As far as one reviewer's comments about turning off cookies and/or using Tor, etc. Nice in theory, but doesn't work well in practice. Many sites will not work if you turn cookies off and many others will not work when running Tor. The situation with these solutions remains that way and so I nixed both of them a long time ago. TMN is a great add-on. And benchmarking and resource usage tools I use show it is virtually no load on the machine. As far as wasting search engines resources, well if they prevented people from tracking search results the comment would be valid. But since they don't, TMN, TMN, TMN.
- készítette: a.b., 11 éveCsillagos értékelés: 1 / 5There are better ways to protect your privacy than wasting everyone's - not only Google's but also your ISP's etc. - capacities. Just turn off your cookies and/or use proxies or Tor
- készítette: Dave Garland, 11 éveCsillagos értékelés: 4 / 5Works great for me, on both FF2.x and 3.x, I've been using it for several years. Yahoo will give you errors if you query them much more than 10/hr, I've never gotten google errors (even with several computers on LAN all running TMN), so their threshold must be higher. It's really not necessary to query 10/min to muddy up your search history. TMN coexists nicely with CustomizeGoogle (to anonymize google cookies).
- készítette: donkeypunch, 11 éveCsillagos értékelés: 4 / 5Lol, google is going to sue its users because they don't want to be used and abused by having their information sold? Nukka please.
I dont even see how those terms are even relevent. This isnt a webcrawler and its not making automated searches.
Besides, according to article 7, section 18, paragraph 4, line 29 of the Federation of Internet Privacy Foundation Claus it says I'm entitled to my privacy when browsing the intertubes-so HA!
- készítette: jkllkj, 11 éveCsillagos értékelés: 5 / 5
Wonderful addon, would be even better if it could somehow bypass google's protection against automated searches.
(To vlkcodwnqj: Stop spreading FUD, users have the right to do whatever they want to protect their privacy. Some people may not like this, but who cares?
If everyone read and abided to all agreements that we "agree" to when we use some web resource, what kind of lives would we be living? One would wonder if it is allowed to breathe..)
- készítette: mehuser, 12 éveCsillagos értékelés: 4 / 5the concept sounds cool, but it would be even cooler if it were using the search plug-in descriptors for random query instead of hard-coded searches.
- készítette: CanopusArchives, 12 éveMég nincsenek csillagos értékelésekI don't know why this should be, but, with TMN enabled when I try to go to You Tube the page takes ages to load then doesn't display correctly as if I haven't got Java or Flash installed. If I then deactivate TMN the page loads perfectly. I've repeated this several times with the same result. All other sites work perfectly with it activated. Looking at network activity I see nothing unusual, it's not as if TMN is taking up bandwidth so what could be happening?
- készítette: yowuzup, 12 éveCsillagos értékelés: 3 / 5Well, on my mac, if the page is closed and firefox continues to run, or if i shrink it to the dock, the TrackMeNot icon changes from TMN: (search here if enabled) to TMN: ON again, and doesn't do any more queries until I quit firefox and start it up again. Other than that, its nice.
- készítette: registered, 12 éveMég nincsenek csillagos értékelésekI'm okay to protect myself against search data profiling, but just some minutes ago, TrackMeNot told I was from hamas. This is completely wrong and this is the best way to be watched and tracked by polices. So I'm really angry against Trackmenot ! I've uninstalled it. Thank you, TrackMeNot ! >:(