- Csillagos értékelés: 5 / 5I see some reviews that claim the app is searching queries about porn. That is completely false as the queries are drawn from the NY Times RSS feed.
- Csillagos értékelés: 5 / 5Good add on !
As one user recommended look into reddit for more search items.Plenty of sub-reddits to fill up Googles hard drives with.
Takes a person that wants to not be tracked to make this work more effectively .
- Csillagos értékelés: 5 / 5Track Me Not is all kinds of awesome. With a little hacking it can achieve a bit more obfuscation.
However it is ABSOLUTELY necessary to change it from the default RSS list
^ That should be prompted on install as was once the selection of adblocking subscription by adblock extensions. Unlike Wladimir Palant there is no hidden financial gain for the developers. Wladimir Palant, developer of adblockplus, now profits from violations of user privacy in what he deems an acceptable fashion not much unlike google founders initial pledge of privacy defense now given only lip service.
Alternatively it would be nice to have the extension apply limited randomization of which RSS feeds are defaulted.
If correct TMN strategies are not self evident "too stupid to have freedom" might apply.
for email webPG is a start
prism break, xmpp texting OTR, zRTP
- Csillagos értékelés: 5 / 5Nice shill jimmy22 but not good enough. It is obvious that you are paid by Google to scare people off from using this plugin.
It wouldnt be nice if the stupid goy all start using this plugin now would it? Then advertising and NSA agencies wont pay for private user data. Well i havent seen the plugin search for pipebomb and i doubt you will get swat raided for searching for pipebomb.
Your pathetic paid attempt to keep people from fighting google back is futile.
- Csillagos értékelés: 4 / 5I like this add-on a lot. I have since replaced the default queries with a huge list of my own, and am happy with what has been sent to the search engines (nothing bad being sent like porn).
Unfortunately, there are a few things keeping me from rating this a 5/5. For one, the log file can get big (not too big though) if you aren't cleaning it up after every once in awhile.
Also, finding rss feeds for websites that aren't news sites or blogs can be rather hard, and it would be great if you could get phrases from things other than rss feeds. (for example when i search for a headphone review of headphones that my audiophile friend is raving about, it sticks out like a sore-thumb, since i can't find any good headphone-related rss feeds) Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but it sure is upsetting. It would be great if we could make a list of strings in a .txt file that the program could also choose from, since making an rss feed specifically for the purpose of making the TMN searches more diverse is way to much work.
That being said, I love the idea of this add-on and think the execution of the idea is very solid.
P.S. pro tip for anyone looking to find rss feeds for TMN to use, I find reddit is a great place, as long as the subreddit is active.
- Csillagos értékelés: 1 / 5I can confirm this is looking up questionable porn as well as some weird stuff like "pipebomb" etc. I only used the default RSS feeds so I don't know how some of these would happen. Is the intent to actually obscure those searches by making it part of everyone's profile history? If so that should have been stated in the download. Now I'm freaked wondering how long this was going on for.
- Csillagos értékelés: 3 / 5Please do not mind the rating I gave. I'm just trying to comment. Although I installed this add-on once and played with it I had to uninstalled it because I was concerned about the queries it sent Google. I always worried about some porn or illegal porn query being sent to Google so I uninstalled it. I have no evidence that it sends these types of queries to Google but the concern was enough to uninstall it. Now I read the review below and see part of my concern was valid. Be careful.
- Csillagos értékelés: 1 / 5This is what I have found in my log from this software.
[QUERY] engine=bing | mode=timed | query='Cute assfucked' | qpm=0.123 | Wed, 18 Sep 2013 15:02:47 GMT |
Notice the words CUTE ASSFUCKED
- Csillagos értékelés: 5 / 5Love the idea, but more options, including randomizing multiple feeds instead of just one source and a few other tweaks to reduce predictability, would be very nice.
Also, a nice little addition would be the option to see queries in a tooltip rather than displayed next to the icon to save space.
- Csillagos értékelés: 4 / 5This add-on TMN desperately needs a Java Script Randomizer for the time the searches are requested option.
TMN developers should add another add-on that randomly pulls up hundreds of thousands of safe websites to dump goose stepping western agencys tracking Internet users patterns.
Please add a randomizer option for the time the quierys are sent to squash goose stepping western agencys Internet profiling databases and fill them with useless trash.
- Csillagos értékelés: 4 / 5Очень не хватает поддержки популярных в России поисковиков : Рамблер , Яндекс , майл.ру , Апорт, нигма.рф , ИванСусанин, Metabot , Ёпрст, Улитка, Type.ru , Нетотека и других, и соответсвенно, русскоязычной RSS, либо возможности добавлять поисковики для пользователя. В частоту запросов необходимо ввести рандомное время между запросами для более человекоподобного поведения,
- Csillagos értékelés: 2 / 5I had given positive reviews in the past but it is overdue for updates and the developers really need to step it up. What is wrong?
1. It wont allow itself to be moved by either dragging and dropping or by using Organize Status Bar.
2. The queries need random timing otherwise they will be spotted too easily. Big Brother is not that dumb.
3. The Get Satisfaction form was a real nightmare! After posting it still tried not to post it, then it demanded a login, then it wouldn't accept my login. I had everything stored in LastPass and it outright refused to to go! Get Satisfaction should be renamed Get Frustration! This is a typical problem in bad service that businesses think that they can get away with. Dump people on the robot and think that it is just as good as a real human... "Your call is very important to us... Please hold!... Lalalala( elevator music) "We're sorry, due to high demand all operators are busy now... Please hold..."
Tested on both Palemoon(15.1.1.) and Freezefox (15.1)
- Csillagos értékelés: 4 / 5Hi, you should add random submission time.
- Csillagos értékelés: 4 / 5This addon is useful but had a problem with timing. If someone wanted to ignore all of these queries, they would just all the requests that are every minute, or 3 minutes or 10 minutes, because the resuests are so perodic. It would be nice to have a feature that randomized the timing of the requests. That would make this much more useful.
- Csillagos értékelés: 5 / 5A must have for privacy, combined with Ghostery, Adblock plus, Https everywhere. The only thing missing is the option to add some more search engines to the list. About some earlier comments about sensitive searches sometimes showing up, because the newssites have sensitive word in their feeds - It's the reality, a news feed. eg. new york times. WILL contain some sensitive words If feeling worried about that, change the rssfeed from where the plugin generates querys from to one you trust more - it's easy.
- Csillagos értékelés: 1 / 5Thanks to bobbybob for pointing out an inconsistency in my original review. Not sure how I missed that, but I did. So today (4-4-12), I'm editing out my mistake. Here is my review: I love the idea of TrackMeNot helping your computer and you get lost in a sea of search queries to help avoid targeting and tracking. As far as I could tell, it executed its mission flawlessly. However, this morning (2-10-12), I noticed one of the search queries was 'police child porn.' That query is a darned good way to draw perhaps unwanted and unfair scrutiny. So I said good-bye to TrackMeNot.
Fejlesztői válaszközzétéve: 8 éveI understand your concern about TMN sending this type of query. To address this issue we added the possibility to blacklist some keywords in the latest version of TMN (0.7.83). Note that you’ll have to restart your browser once you added keywords to the blacklist as TMN will have to generate a near list of queries.
- Csillagos értékelés: 3 / 5Tested the Version 0.7.81a in Fx 8.0.1, still can't get it work properly when TMN is enabled, no query is sent out as per its log.
Fejlesztői válaszközzétéve: 8 évePlease use the "GetSatisfaction" webpage or contact us via e-mail to report bugs. Ae need further informaiton to correct this bug (like ohter extensions you are using, your OS...).
This review page is not adapted to bug report.
- Csillagos értékelés: 1 / 5(Update 28.02.2012: Problem's still there, even with FF 10 & updated TMN!)
Hi! I'm giving this only one star: the idea may be nice, but the developper obviously won't consider bug reports. I'm having the same bug as FFrules 3 months (!) ago: TMN seems to work only once when you start up Firefox, and then stops to work. "No new searches are shown in the status bar. The only way to wake it back up is to disable and re-enable it." I'm adding: when I'm opening the options menu by right-clicking on the TMN icon in the status bar, I can't open my search terms or see the log file. The buttons just don't react.
This way, it's really becoming a privacy issue. While I agree that Bruce Schneier expects something from TMN that it wasn't designed for, this bug now means that TMN becomes a mere privacy theatre: your searches are not just not obfuscated, with this buggy TMN your browser actually becomes an attendance recorder for your IP / browser sessions at AOL, bing, yahoo and google.
Btw., I'm using Win 7 x64, Ff 7.0.1. I'm also using my own RSS feeds, but the problem is the same with the default feeds (checked it). I searched for the log and search term files on my hard disk and checked them: they're still updated whenever I'm starting a browser session. But just one query, and finish.
Plus another problem: if you use RSS feeds that contain non-english Roman characters - like c-cedille, or German umlauts - those characters will just be deleted from search texts. Now that looks like a characteristic signature for Firefox with buggy TMN installed! It's like sending a calling card: hey, here's someone who tries to obfuscate his searches. This bug, plus the one mentioned above mean that someone with access to search engine company logs 1) knows that this IP uses TMN; and 2) at what times of the day you usually get to start your browsing sessions. Meaning, in big, big letters,
- Csillagos értékelés: 3 / 5Is it working only on .com? Or on other TLDs too? Like the national google-sites in .de, .at, .se, whatever?
- Csillagos értékelés: 5 / 5Excellent idea, but I would like to see an option for variable frequency in an update. As it stands, the pattern can easily be detected and queries removed at precise intervals to reveal true search queries.
- Csillagos értékelés: 3 / 5I was hoping for an add-on like this. Great idea. I used some other RSS feeds than the default ones, since there were unfavorable search terms being picked (I don't need the feds coming to my door because of that - LOL!). However I think I found a bug. TrackMeNot, set at the default search rate of 10 per hour, does a few searches, and then 'quits'. No new searches are shown in the status bar. The only way to wake it back up is to disable and re-enable it. I'm using Firefox 5.0 on Windows 7 64-bit. I'll wait for the next update and see if this gets fixed.
- Csillagos értékelés: 5 / 5Good idea, works perfectly, thanks!
- Csillagos értékelés: 2 / 5My system is Fedora Core 14 with Firefox 4.0. It loses points because it appeared to be successfully installed and enabled in FF. despite not doing anything. However, it gains points because I still think it's a cool idea and eagerly await an update for Windows refugees.
Fejlesztői válaszközzétéve: 9 éveTrackMeNot actually should work properly with firefox 4.0 and linux (at least it works with Ubuntu). The icon may not be visible by default but it works in background. To add the icon in the add-on bar, right click on the bar and select ‘customize’, then drag and drop the TMN icon.The next update (currently reviewed and downloadable by clicking on the ‘View all versions’ link) will do that by default. Furthermore, the version 0.7 (available on TMN website) should fix this as well.
Please report bugs on getstatisfaction or contact us directly. Reviews are not appropraite for that.
- Csillagos értékelés: 5 / 5Please update to work with Firefox version 4+
- Csillagos értékelés: 3 / 5this extensions sends code to third sites and it is clearly designed with oither purposes by spreading a number of pre-determined chains despite your apparent changes.You must decompress the code and investigate it. The algorithm is quite useful to make noise... After some easy modifications in the main .js and deactiving updates, the extension finally is quite good ;)