Csillagos értékelés: 3,6 / 5
5-ből 3,6 csillag
- készítette: Firefox felhasználó 13606966, 3 éveCsillagos értékelés: 4 / 5Good add on so far.
One big problem after updating is that google queries lead to error. The google query is marked as red entry in the log window.
After disabling google as search engine, the add works correct again.
Version of Firefox: 57.0.2 (64-bit)
Please fix this problem
- készítette: E.Debeaune, 3 éveCsillagos értékelés: 4 / 5For the last few days, your application get stuck on "error" unexpectedly.
And, more importantly, when I enable it, a tab with the homepage of "Google france" opens. (And disappear when I disable "TrackMeNot".
Using Windows 7
- készítette: Firefox felhasználó 13041340, 3 éveCsillagos értékelés: 3 / 5This used to work fine, but with the latest updates I'm just getting "Error". I have uninstalled and re-installed, but no luck
- készítette: Firefox felhasználó 12604544, 3 éveCsillagos értékelés: 5 / 5Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
Firefox 55.0.3 (64-bit)
Add-ons: Adnauseam, TrackMeNot
Black List problems:
- Original terms can be deleted BUT new terms cannot be added.
- The check mark of "Generate queries including keywords monitored by DHS" disappears after refresh.
Please add the option "White list" so we can add our own words to be included in search queries.
- készítette: Firefox felhasználó 13260794, 3 éveCsillagos értékelés: 2 / 5french rss feeds do not seem to operate correctly. If alone in the list, no query is sent, and if just added after a | no french query is done. Maybe the syntax of the url i use is incorrect or unusable ? ex. http://www.lefigaro.fr/rss .....
- készítette: Arvind Dilawar, 3 éveCsillagos értékelés: 4 / 5Been using it for years. Has been great, but started reading "Error" since the most recent update, which happened today, June 8, 2017, I believe.
- készítette: Sharklaser, 3 éveCsillagos értékelés: 1 / 5I was using this for a day, thought it was pretty cool and was enjoying it, then I searched for something and my default engine had changed to Yahoo!. I saw some other reviews say the same thing from a couple months ago, the developer had replied saying he would fix it but it's still not fixed. I'm uninstalling until that gets fixed. Too annoying to deal with. And just plain weird. Why would that even happen?
- készítette: Cliff Berg, 3 éveCsillagos értékelés: 1 / 5After removing my Firefox installation and then re-installing it and adding back each of my extensions one by one, I have determined that it is TrackMeNot that is periodically resetting my default search engine to Yahoo. This is very unethical IMO, and if they do this, who knows what else the extension does. It should be removed from the Mozilla extensions library.
- készítette: Firefox felhasználó 12758353, 4 éveCsillagos értékelés: 2 / 5To replicate:
Change default search engine to 'DuckDuckGo'
Restart browser again.
Your default search engine has been replaced with Yahoo.com
Disable addon, repeat process, default browser remains the same.
- készítette: Fawzley, 4 éveCsillagos értékelés: 5 / 5Lack of privacy is a concern for all. Dithering privacy regulation(s) permit interests to snoop on internet users. Opening doors to surveillance, data-profiling & abuses.
If I understand correctly, TrackMeNot beclouds snoopers. Cleverly throws a monkey wrench in the snoop feeding-frenzy by inserting false leads (random internet transactions) into the data stream. Skewing the profile.
Runs quietly in background.
Give TrackMeNot a big fat attaboy!
- készítette: Firefox felhasználó 11705650, 4 éveCsillagos értékelés: 2 / 5I use DuckDuckGo by default and try to only use Google when necessary. This extension though overrides Firefox' setting of the default search engine. I have to remove it.
- készítette: Firefox felhasználó 12065257, 5 éveCsillagos értékelés: 5 / 5This is just what I was looking for. I was thinking about writing a program that ran in the background to do this same obfuscation thing, but this works just great. Ha! They take your data, use it against you.
This is how we fight back. They want data? Let's give it to them. Trillions of gigs of garbage. While you are at it, invest in an RFID wallet to put your phone in so that can't be tracked either. If enough people do this then the data will lose all meaning.
I Love it.
- készítette: Taz, 5 éveCsillagos értékelés: 5 / 5Does exactly what it claims - I only wish it came packaged as a service or daemon instead of a browser plugin.
Probably the best way to use it is from a VPN privoxy proxy server which would keep the creeps at arms length while you perform your "good deeds".
Trackmenot beats writing endless letters to Congressional representatives who ignore you, and if enough people used this product we really would have a chance of moving all NSA employees to burger king...or forcing these traitors to clean toilets for the rest of their lives.
Congress *will* screw off tax dollars - but at some point even they will demand results. Once their money goes - so does the NSA.
Here's a good tool for protecting proxy servers: http://drivevaccine.com/ (free version should work fine).
For Linux, you could always use a GRSecurity platform or perhaps even a liveCD.
Just reboot your proxy every now and then - the creeps can do nothing. Things get to hot - just quit using the proxy for real searches (find another path to the internet) - but allow your proxy machine to continue hammering them.
Meanwhile stab at the NSA by writing letters to Congress. You really never know what will finally turn the tide. Congressmen do love their jobs....losing it for creeps ain't gonna happen.