- Csillagos értékelés: 2 / 5készítette: Firefox felhasználó 13036312, 5 éveThis add on does its job but it has one major flaw, in that it will regularly forget its settings, especially if you install FireFox on a new computer and it links back to your older set ups.
It often forgets that I have allowed sites access and blocks things randomly.. It is very frustrating at times. I like it, I will keep using it (for now) but if it keeps forgetting settings and I have to remind it to unblock sites regularly going forward, I am going to drop this.
- Csillagos értékelés: 2 / 5készítette: Firefox felhasználó 12944590, 6 éveLa nuova interfaccia è inutilizzabile, domini e sottodomini mischiati in una unica lista illeggibile (ci sono siti con 30-40 elementi da rivedere), segnalazioni di elementi bloccati anche se tutti i domini top level sono autorizzati trusted senza esclusione di elementi, insomma una gran confusione.
Inoltre inutile postare link a FAQ e forum come risposta alle recensioni critiche. Una estensione del genere deve essere immediatamente comprensibile e utilizzabile come infatti lo era la precedente interfaccia, se non lo è non è colpa degli utenti. Come dir, ambasciator non porta pena :) Auguri e complimenti comunque per l'ottimo lavoro in tutti questi anni.
- Csillagos értékelés: 2 / 5készítette: Simón, 6 évePlease, explain in the add-on description why does NoScript now ask for a new permission to "download files and read and modify the browser's download history".
Besides, the new UI quite sucks, but the rules list semi-transparency seems to be what makes the NoScript Settings page sluggish.
- Csillagos értékelés: 2 / 5készítette: Azarilh, 6 éveWhoa, this new version is great! Jus' like 2 girls 1 cup!
PS: Why NoScript need to read the download history now? LOL
EDIT: Ok, that's fine. Thank you for the reply. Still, the new version is unfriendly, like others say too.
EDIT after 2 years i tried it again: UI still sucks, my rating remains 2/5. Too bad.
Fejlesztői válaszközzétéve: 6 éveUnlike "legacy" add-ons, WebExtensions cannot interact with your filesystem directly. The restored "Export" feature actually goes through the browser.downloads API to let you save your configuration locally.
- Csillagos értékelés: 2 / 5készítette: Firefox felhasználó 13515039, 6 éveIn its current state, it is barely serviceable. It is still better than nothing, I know, because when I disabled it I started getting hijacked by rogue webpage scripts again. But it has alot of catching up to do to be as pleasing as the pre-Quantum version.
That annoying, user unfriendly popup window really has to go. The previous version had a more discreet and tolerable messaging UI at the bottom of the screen. Now it is in popup window format at the top of the page, in your face to annoy you very quickly.
And a suggestion of a much needed feature. An option dedicated to automatically allowing Facebook scripts. Since nearly every website now days has scripts for Facebook, it is getting tiresome to have to allow Facebook with nearly every website I visit.
- Csillagos értékelés: 2 / 5készítette: Roelof, 6 éveThe addon doesn't save trusted, untrusted and custom entries. Maybe the plugin stores information in non-persistent storage (which is cleared with any privacy-aware configuration).
This makes the plugin unusable, as re-allowing all services every single time is way more time consuming than just blocking scripts alltogether.
And even if you manage to save settings, they're not synched, so users who use two or more devices need to re-apply settings every time, on every. single. device.
The old version worked a whole lot better, it's a shame this level of quaity has not yet been achieved on the new WebExtension version.
- Csillagos értékelés: 2 / 5készítette: Firefox felhasználó 13577838, 6 éveThe latest extension for Firefox Quantum is a real PITA because whitelisted sites are not saved, so they have to be recreated every time FF restarts. Extremely annoying and time consuming.
- Csillagos értékelés: 2 / 5készítette: Firefox felhasználó 13372577, 6 éveIt does work (more or less) so I cannot justify a 1-star rating. But like others have said, this is not the NoScript we knew and loved. And while I know there is a temptation to just blame Firefox57 for old addons no longer working well, the truth is that we cannot blame Firefox57 for the dreadful new interface that NoScript has, nor for the buggy way it works (forgetting your settings, for example).
I don't want to be overly harsh here. For many years this developer has given us a fantastic product that millions of us found "essential". For that he must be commended. However, the new NoScript no longer has a place in my little "arsenal of defence". I've moved on.
If anyone is interested in alternatives, I find uBlock Origin is enough for my needs, provided the "I'm an advanced user" option is checked off and third party scripts / frames are globally blocked ("medium blocking mode", as per the author). If you want more power, there is uMatrix - still not a 100% replacement for NoScript but good enough for the vast majority of people.
- Csillagos értékelés: 2 / 5készítette: Firefox felhasználó 13560145, 6 éveHad better experiences with NoScript years ago. The new version with the current Firefox is bad. It forgets settings and is buggy. I'am using ScriptSafe now. It's the same as under chrome. This addon works fine.
- Csillagos értékelés: 2 / 5készítette: Anonymous, 6 éveThe new version has to be fixed full stop. The UI did not need to be fixed. And now the app does not remember settings on some sites. I'm thinking about uninstalling this until it is back up to its previous quality.