- készítette: Makis, egy éveCsillagos értékelés: 4 / 5Works well except it could open Google pages to a new tab instead of using the existing one as this looses page history. I have had to reopen the previous page numerous times because I can't use Back.
- készítette: majoraswrath, egy éveCsillagos értékelés: 3 / 5Great, but one remark. Could you give us an option when opening a link from google search that it overwrites the current tab and not open in a new tab. So like close the google container and just open the new link???
- készítette: Moz://FifthAxiom, egy éveCsillagos értékelés: 2 / 5Serious bugs in the Facebook-container extension code involving triggering actions on URL change / container change.
- Clicking links / changing URLs in omni-box from container site to container site will close the current tab (history lost) and opens two tabs to new container site
- Clicking links container site to non- container site working okay (one new tab opened, history container maintained)
- For Google container add-on sometimes when clicking on link in search results, it will not open a new tab but opens a new site in the current container (login session lost). This means Google is not separated from other sites. Also occurs when typing in the omni-box
- Changing URLs in omni-box from container site to non- container (and visa versa) will close current tab (it should open a new tab instead of closing the container tab although arguable)
- No problems while staying in same container
*** TESTED ***
All container add-ons are conflicting as a result (you can only use one). Mozilla needs to change the code that triggers actions (triggered twice going from container to container site using multiple add-ons).
Conclusion: You cannot fork the Facebook container add-on without rewriting the code.
- készítette: DK, egy éveCsillagos értékelés: 5 / 5I don't plan on signing into Google through the browser, so I'm probably not getting as much benefit from this as others. But I think it's good to containerize in any case.
I had some tabs open when I installed it and nothing got messed up, so maybe the issue reported by others has to do with the authentication.
- készítette: karupedjiemu, egy éveCsillagos értékelés: 1 / 5For anyone trying this, make sure not to have any google related tabs open because this add-on mess everything up.
In my case I had multiple tabs with Youtube and Google searches and some Youtube tabs turned to Google searches with the contents of the closest tab with a Google search, other tabs with Google searches got "infected" with their neighbors content basically having me end up with replicated tabs, and because the "Go back" button was greyed out I couldn't recover my previous content.
Then I couldn't even delete the container 'till I restarted Firefox without the "Restore Session" enabled.
All in all just awful.
I'm not saying it doesn't work however. Should one not use Firefox with saved sessions it might do just fine, I just won't be using it myself.
- készítette: Firefox felhasználó 14305634, egy éveCsillagos értékelés: 3 / 5It works, but it works better than expected. I just want to restrict Google on other sites (reason I got this extention, for example: I don't want "log in using your Google account" on eBay), but I want to be able to log in to Google-pages themselves (google.com, google.de etc). I activated it in the preferences, but it won't work. Deactivated at the moment, please fix.
/edit: okay, maybe I'm just too dumb: when I *don't* activate the "ignore /search pages" option, it kinda works, although it says it will *not* work (meaning: leave them be as they would without the addon) on searches when the box is ticked. I'm confused.
- készítette: snadge, 2 éveCsillagos értékelés: 3 / 5Works to some extent...It does not allow you to be signed into say YOUTUBE (as I want) but not stay signed in to GOOGLE search (as I dont want)...doesnt matter which tab its in, if you log out of google your logged out of Youtube in a different Tab.....shame...
- készítette: daiyi, 2 éveCsillagos értékelés: 1 / 5Breaks google sheets, brings up the yellow banner "A web page is slowing down your browser. What would you like to do? Stop it/wait" and begins to crash Firefox. Unfortunately I can't disable it for Sheets only, so I can't use it at all.