- מאת JustHereForTheReviews, לפני 7 ימיםדירוג 1 מתוך 5I WOULD give it 5 stars... but when it comes to online shopping experiences that use some sort of 3rd-party point-of-sale (POS) facilitator agent, NoScript FAILS to account for it in ANY capacity. This has been a persistent problem for YEARS.
I get it: You have to whitelist someone. Well, businesses are not under any sort of regulation to tell you who handles their transactions, so unless you know who to whitelist, what do you do?
First the vendor thinks your bank blocked them, then you lower NoScript.
Then, your bank thinks the second time is a double-charge, so they block it. You have to call your bank and authorize.
Then, the third time, the VENDOR may try to audit you!!
This is NOT acceptable. NoScript is an EXCELLENT blocker... but the problem is that it's TOO POWERFUL to be practical at all.
תגובת המפתחמועד פרסום: לפני 7 ימיםI'm sorry to hear about your bad experience.
Could you please report at https://noscript.net/forum providing some real world examples of this?
One approach that can anyway work-around this issue would be using the "Disable restrictions for this tab" button just before initiating the transaction which would potentially send you to a 3rd party POS.
Millions of NoScript users (including myself) do e-shopping everyday, and such incidents (double billing or blocking) because of scripts not being initially enabled on the payment processors page have not been reported, at least not recently.
It used to be an issue with the XSS filter, but not anymore since its design has been changed (many years ago) providing "in flight" UI to decide whether allow or block the suspicious request.
Furthermore, many payment processors come preset to TRUSTED in the built-in configuration "just in case", so your report may be useful to update this list. Thanks.
- מאת משתמש Firefox 13191770, לפני 9 ימיםדירוג 2 מתוך 5Eigentlich bin ich ein großer Fan von NoScript. Aber die neueren Versionen arbeiten nicht mehr sauber mit FF 89.0. Diverse Websites z.B. "Zeit.de" oder "Wetter.com" konnten nicht mehr geladen werden. Sie bleiben in einer Endlosschleife einfach leer. Es half nur der Rückgriff auf die alte Version 11.2.4 von NoScript. Es besteht dringender Nachholbedarf seitens des Entwicklers.
תגובת המפתחמועד פרסום: לפני 8 ימיםHello, both sites work for me with NoScript 11.2.8 on Firefox 89. Could you please report at https://noscript.net/forum with more details, and/or share your NoScript Options>Export configuration file for further investigation?
- מאת משתמש Firefox 15605805, לפני 9 ימיםדירוג 5 מתוך 5Migrated from ScriptSafe due to lack of updates on that side, but I can say this is a pretty great alternative as its working just as well if not faster a little bit, XSS works perfectly with prompts individually separated for each request, perfect on Desktop and Android 10/10
- מאת משתמש Firefox 16255010, לפני 10 ימיםדירוג 1 מתוך 5I had to disable it.
Besides the latest version of Firefox, I still have a portable Firefox 29.0.1 on my PC, with a NoScript 126.96.36.199 .
That version allowed to PERMANENTLY allow everything on a web site. This version doesn't, and I have to reallow all on web sites on each Firefox restart.
This is far too tedious and problematic.
Why the author needed to ruin a good thing is known only to himself...
- מאת shafto, לפני 15 ימיםדירוג 3 מתוך 5Something weird started happening recently, the extension just hangs and I'm unable to open websites. Debug info of the addon repeats this line
Uncaught (in promise) Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.
The only way to fix this is to restart firefox. Disabling and enabling extension doesn't work (I could disable noscript and websites would start working, but then I'd have lots of scrips left unblocked).
- מאת Zippy8, לפני חודשדירוג 3 מתוך 5Like the reviewer VoxPop I too began to have issues with this extension - which I have used for several years - quite recently. It appears to be related to Firefox Sync as whitelisted domains disappear after I have used another PC upon returning to my main machine.
It has been an excellent, if occasionally labour intensive, addition to my online security but as of writing it frustrates as much as it protects.