- by Firefox user 16780799, bliain ó shinRated 5 out of 5The diff with this, as said before me, youtube becomes a tool rather than just disablingthe whole of it completely, which may be difficult to do, for most people.. only one thing missing - support as a standalone app, for android. It works through FF and Kiwi, but I use bromite. And so, where people usually watch YT - on their mobile - will be missing out on this. I am willing to donate to make this happen, if the creator wants to leave his email on here - we can talk further.
- by Firefox user 14294682, bliain ó shinRated 5 out of 5Oh I cannot put into words how much I love this add-on. It's a digital life changer! It helps me concentrate and avoid spending every single time more time in Youtube that I've intended to.
- by Firefox user 14074716, bliain ó shinRated 5 out of 5If you strip YouTube of everything that tries to hack your attention to keep you "engaged", literally 90% of the website is gone.
This is what the actual user value of the website looks like (FULL page screenshot): https://i.imgur.com/mEVdsJf.png
- by Bogdan, bliain ó shinRated 5 out of 5I hate this situations when I go to youtube to watch one video, and this recommendation section makes so much information noise. I love this extension, because a watched no videos before, and now I can watch one or two that will benefit me. Thanks guys
- by geotibl, bliain ó shinRated 5 out of 5This extension pretty much gave me my life and my mind back. It seals the YouTube rabbit hole, putting YouTube under your control (unlike a simple site blocker, which just makes all of YT inaccessible.) It turns YT into a tool, rather than a site that is constantly grabbing at one's attention. For example, if you had intended to search for a video on a certain topic, you can do it without having to ignore the constant stream of irrelevant videos in which you might otherwise be genuinely interested. You won't have to expend any willpower ignoring anything just to watch what you wanted to watch.
One might say, "just use the Firefox search bar, which bypasses the homepage." Oh, it's different. If you accidentally go to youtube.com, you're covered. If you watch a video and finish, nothing prevents you from calmly thinking about what you just watched, since the sidebar and video suggestions wall are now gone and nothing is pulling you away. The feeling of peace you'll feel is profound. It reminds me of how I felt before YouTube existed.
Personal experience: After turning on Unhook, I felt great, but after a few days, I felt empty, bored. That's addiction messing with you. I still didn't feel like turning off Unhook, despite these feelings, and after several days, I felt better. I even spontaneously felt that going outside and taking a walk would better relieve my boredom. (!) It did and I was not even restless. What a wonderful feeling to peacefully enjoy the outdoors again!
You can also unseal the rabbit hole easily if you like. Just press a button and the feature you've unblocked immediately reappears. Everything is under your control.
This developer should be nominated for a Nobel Peace Price. I've donated. If you can, I unhesitatingly encourage you to do so.
- by Roman, bliain ó shinRated 5 out of 5Excellent addon. Allows you to watch only the video you came looking for, without getting lost in a loop of recommendations. Especially useful if you find yourself procrastinating by randomly opening up youtube page and watching a couple of short videos. With this, you'll only find a blank start page and a search bar
- by joy, bliain ó shinRated 5 out of 5A phlatora of options, I really like it. I was going to get the simple version of this because of the disable autoplay conundrum, but I do like the options of hiding and unhiding things as and when needed. Not all needs to be turned on or off all the time. One click and voila: a menu. Simple. Perfect. Thank you for developing this, bravo. (^__^)
oh, no wait. autoplay hasn't stopped. I just get the other extension then . But I stand by the review. X
ps. works well in harmonie with 'turn of autoplay'
edit. thank you for your kind reply, all is working as it should be now. Maybe I just needed to refreh the browser then, but all is well now. Thank you for your hard work. Love and Light.Hi, thanks for the review! Very sorry to hear that autoplay didn't stop with this extension. Did you make sure to turn autoplay off on both extensions, and reload the page? If you're still having issues, you can email me at removerecs [at] gmail [dot] com.
- by Clash, bliain ó shinRated 5 out of 5Use 1.3.4 for a period, it worked fine.
But later version 1.3.5~1.4.1 all cease working, the addon won't modifiy YT page and can't remember my setting...
Is this due to settings saved in Sync? If this really the cause I would have a feature request to have a option "Save Setting Locally"
(not everyone using Sync, for security reason)
Firefox 52.9.0 32-bit without any Addon
Thanks a lot ^^
- by kapcom01, bliain ó shinRated 5 out of 5Awesome! Can I ask for a feature please?
I think it would be good to have an option to remove the home page button from the sidebar which is useless when the "Hide Homepage Feed" is selected and then redirect youtube.com to youtube.com/feed/subscriptions which contains the videos that I actually have chosen to watch by subscribing.
- by helo12345, bliain ó shinRated 5 out of 5i am scared it says it has all access to youtube.com and this is scary maybe it can see your password or somethingI'm a strong believer in privacy and do not collect/track any user data. Furthermore, I do not have the ability to access your password because the add-on is client-side and you do not log in on youtube.com, you log in on accounts.google.com. The permission for youtube.com is necessary in order to customize the page (to remove distractions).