- by CyberAqyn, 3 míonna ó shinRated 4 out of 5It has some useful features like hiding annotations in the end of video but doesn't hide recommended videos.
Developer responseposted 3 míonna ó shinHi, thank you for the review! The "Hide Recommended" option should hide recommended videos (in the sidebar to the right of a video), but if that is not working for you, could you please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so that I can help troubleshoot the issue?
- by Apocalypse612, bliain ó shinRated 4 out of 5Minor incompatability issue. The "Hide YouTube Notifications" setting DOES NOT remove notifications from the webpage itself, just the icon to view them. To do it properly, you need to disable them all together, so that when you go to make a bookmark it will not add an arbitrary (#) value prefix before the title.
There's a script that does this, but this extension itself breaks that script. Can you perchance get this working in unision, or change this setting to do it automatically?
(This is the only reason this is 4/5 stars).
- by Firefox user 15968551, 2 bliain ó shinRated 4 out of 5Incredibly well made and useful. Only thing missing is that you're not automatically forwarded to subscriptions if the home page recommendations are hidden.
Developer responseposted bliain ó shinHi, redirecting the homepage to the subscriptions has recently been made a feature - just check "Redirect to Subscriptions" under "Hide Homepage Feed" (the option only shows up if the homepage is hidden and the subscriptions page is not.
- by CrimsonBloodfang, 2 bliain ó shinRated 4 out of 5This still preloads the thumbnails on Homepage Feed? No wonder it's still slow or loading upon opening the website. Can preloading of the thumbnails be stopped while hidden? I actually intend to save more internet data by using this. I guess I'll just enable Homepage Feed, it's not like I have no self-control.
- by Firefox user 14751047, 2 bliain ó shinRated 4 out of 5It's good but I just have one complaint, when I try to remove "recommended" videos from the sidebar it takes away the WHOLE sidebar. I'm talking about the related videos sidebar on the right, why not just remove the ones that say "recommended for you"? Those are the ones that annoy me, not the ones actually related to the video I'm watching.
Developer responseposted 2 bliain ó shinThanks for the feedback! This extension at the moment hides the whole recommended bar because the intent is to maximize productivity, not relevant recommendations. Also, it was always advertised as hiding all of the sidebar videos, as seen in the screenshots. Hiding only "recommended for you" may be added as an option in the future, however.