- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15628925, 3 bliain ó shinThis thing has a serious problem saying you can buy something much cheaper elsewhere when it's actually comparing two completely different models. Deals that are too good to be true are usually just this. Be careful. Wikibuy got me to buy a printer from a place with no returns or refunds because it told me I'd save 30%. Turns out it was the model without any of the features I actually needed. Thanks to Wikibuy I ended up getting the printer I needed at the low price of 170% MSRP. One star.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Talk.Nerdy.To.Me, 3 bliain ó shinA poor man's Honey. Also, it's PATHETIC when sites don't allow you to change your email or delete your account. I'd wager they're selling browsing and/or purchase histories. But the shadiness of not letting us control our info is bad enough.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13009170, 3 bliain ó shinThis isn't perfect; sometimes it shows incorrect prices, it doesn't work on many sites, and you're giving up a lot of privacy. But you can save a pile of money when it does work; I just saved $20 on a $130 item when it pointed me to a 100%-rated ebay seller instead of Amazon.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Mitchell Turner, 3 bliain ó shinWith Wikibuy installed, I viewed an amazon page for an item I was considering purchasing. The addon told me the the wrong price and shipping cost even though the price was listed right on the page, along with free shipping. It lies and does not tell you the truth, in order to get you to buy from them so they can make money. I do not like being swindled or lied to. I will be removing this addon permanently.
Here is a link to an image to prove this:
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15294366, 3 bliain ó shinPretty unintrusive, sometimes it gives 'discounted' offers on Amazon that are already being displayed. It has been very useful in reminding me to check eBay and other outlets for items that are not time sensitive. The discount code checker seems to work very well.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15083651, 3 bliain ó shinI enjoy using it on Chrome. Unfortunately everytime I try to add it to firefox, I get a failed to download message and check my connection....Its not my connection since I can get to every website I try just fine with the existing conection.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14782987, 3 bliain ó shinI like wikibuy and have used it for price comparisons, guidance and whatnot. However, I would have given a 4-star+; the problem is that over that last couple of months wikibuy doesn't appear on sites like Best Buy and many others. In this arena, there are many sites that seem to have "blocked" the ability to use it. I whitelisted wikibuy, bestbuy, lowes, etc. It worked with Best Buy with the whitelisting...then it didn't. It was a temporary fix that no longer works in tandem with the sites I visit. That's not to say it's not beneficial, but at this point I have to go the wikibuy site and manually add items (using product numbers) to my 'watchlist'. Working in IT, it's surely not wikibuy's inherent issue...it's that it must be being blocked in this technology-ridiculous world.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14427986, 4 bliain ó shinThought I'd give it a try but didn't expect much. I've used it for 2 days and thus far saved about $50-75! Several items I got a $20 discount on, one of those I purchased on Ebay because it was $20 cheaper than Amazon. Amazon is my go to for purchases. I used to check with several other sites to be sure I was getting the best price [Walmart, Best Buy, Ebay] and it would appear that this app does that comparison for me....that's a lot of time saved. So we shall see over time, but right now I'm lovin' it. Hopefully I can come back and update my review later....
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13596452, 4 bliain ó shinI see the wikibuy pricing on Amazon but get no response when I click on any green lettering. When I serch how to make it work I get nothing!!
How do you make it work?
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14376961, 4 bliain ó shinThanks to this extension I was able to buy a Nintendo Switch with a $50 discount coupon! I thought it was some kind of a lie until I got it on my hands. It really works and you can see good discounts!
- Rated 5 out of 5by WizOdd, 4 bliain ó shinI've been using Wikibuy along with Honey for some time now, and while both are very useful, frequently Wikibuy comes up with the lowest price.
it's not perfect, like many such tools it can get the product search wrong and return a low price for a different product or size, but it doesn't happen very frequently, and it is easy to report such errors.
I'd hate to be stuck with just one shopping add-on, but this is one of my top candidates.