- Rated 3 out of 5by Jeffrey Baker, 8 míonna ó shinI really like the app, however it is using up way to much memory, and this is on a high spec MBP that's less than a year old. As soon as I disable the extension, everything goes back to normal.
Developer responseposted 8 míonna ó shinSorry to hear you are facing memory issues. Please feel free to open an issue on GitHub so I can troubleshoot with you further.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 17534198, 9 míonna ó shinI really like the idea of storing the groups as bookmarks folders. Making it more of a better UI for bookmarks (which is sorely needed). I also make it simple to ditch the extension if it doesn't work out. Also provides seemless sync between computers.
Highlighting the pages which is opened as tabs is neat.
I hung my browser multiple minutes forcing me to restart firefox. It had then created duplicates groups. Not sure what happened, but it seems to behave now. The UI for moving tabs between groups has some weirdness when trying to move pages which are open?
Would be great if it was possible to select multiple pages (with shift-click to select range) to simplify organizing the stashes (but I guess doing such operations from the native bookmark manager is ok.)
EDIT: seems to be a bit slow to load sometimes. Maybe I have to many bookmarks?
Highly recommend swithing to this if you already use eg. OneTab
Developer responseposted 9 míonna ó shinThanks for your review! Sorry to hear you had some trouble with hanging—from what you describe, this sounds like a known issue which will be fixed in the next release, and even on the current release, it should stop happening as soon as you create your first group.
You actually can multi-select pages, just click the page's icon. You can Shift+Click etc. as well!
Will also keep your point about the load time in mind—indeed, having too many bookmarks is the usual culprit for slow loads, though I'm looking into ways to optimize it. Hope this helps!
- Rated 5 out of 5by oV_ehs, 10 míonna ó shinit can't get any better than this. It's perfect! cleared the clutter
- Rated 4 out of 5by kqdssheng, 10 míonna ó shin使用上体验很好，完全碾压onetab，但就是占用CPU太高，启用它之后火狐进程占用CPU从不到2%猛飚20%，电脑没一会功夫风扇就呼呼的吹个不停。
- Rated 5 out of 5by Em, 10 míonna ó shinSo far excellent. Simple and seems reliable (only used for a day). I would suggest the following if it didn't impact stability:
-Allow easier selection of only one group to export (export option next to each group instead of higher level menu?). It took me a while to find the export button.
-Keep the chosen export format between exports or firefox sessions (or alternatively, let the user select the preferred export format in the settings)
-On first use after install, Default setting when pressing the stash button should be to open the side bar menu. When learning a new add on, its always a bit worrisome when it starts to stash or store hundreds of tabs when you first press the menu bar button. Users can change the option once familiar and comfortable with the add-on.
-Add-on should have option to add to stash without closing or hiding the tabs. I could find no such option.
I did have the add-on crash while storing tabs for the first time, but the feed back on the crash was very well done, front and centre on the side bar so I realized what had happened, and the ability of the app to recover from the crash without losing data was impressive for an add-on.
The add-on appears to run very efficiently, isn't trying to do too much, transparent without doing something in the background without showing it's progress like so many other tab add-ons which take over the computer without showing the progress or if they're stalled or crashed.
Love the colours on the buttons giving an idea of how critical a task is (white, yellow, red). Love the undo ability in case I made a mistake.
Excellent design. Good job so far. Love the simplicity. Still a learning curve, but easier than most tab add-ons.
Developer responseposted 10 míonna ó shinThank you very much for the thoughtful review! I'm glad to hear you've had a good first impression, though I'm sorry to hear you hit a crash (even if the feedback was clear). If it happens again, please do report it on GitHub so that I can track it down—I try very hard to make sure users never have to see that notification. :)
Thanks also for the suggestions—I'll be sure to keep them in mind! I agree the default setting of "stash and show the UI" can be a bit unsettling for new users and I do plan to change it in the future. To your point about adding to the stash without closing tabs—you can do this by holding the Alt (or Option) key when clicking the "Stash" button.
Thanks again, and I hope you continue to find Tab Stash useful!
- Rated 5 out of 5by flyro2000, bliain ó shinI have needed something like this for many years, and so far I have literally no gripes with it and it is perfect.
It would be nice however to pin groups of tabs to the top of your stack, so it doesn't get buried when you have to work on something else.
Another helpful edition would be putting the website icon next to any tab groups which have one website making up a majority, to better browse through your tab stacks at a glance.
Developer responseposted bliain ó shinThanks, I'm really glad to hear Tab Stash is working well for you, and I'll be sure to keep your feature requests in mind for a future release!