- Rated 4 out of 5by Josh, 2 míonna ó shinNice Add-On... quite helpful in many ways... some very neat ways... however, a lot of trial & error experimenting is needed to realize the depth of capabilities in TAB STASH.
A fully developed "HOW TO BEST USE TAB STASH" with all How TO in one, organized location, would make things a lot easier.
For example, using the new SubGroups capability, for which we are all grateful, is less than intuitive (at least for me & a couple of others), it would be nice to get an overview of how it works. Thanks.
Developer responseposted mí ó shinThanks for your comments! Definitely agree that some experimentation is required to get the most out of Tab Stash, and it's not always intuitive how to use it (a thing I am constantly working at improving).
I'll keep your suggestion of a how-to in mind!
- Rated 4 out of 5by Luke, 2 míonna ó shinReally great, would love to be able to customise how/where the folder of tabs is saved though, rather than going Other Bookmarks > Tab Stash > saved-timestamp. Let me specify location and name either in options with rules, or as I hit the button, and it'd let me organise my tabs into bookmarks just perfectly. Still, very good! Much better than OneTab and other solutions for getting tabicitis under control and saving them to bookmarks. Finally someone did it!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Nicolás, 2 míonna ó shinIt's great to have an extra functionality build on top of an existing ones, you can save your tabs and have them available in your bookmarks on any device you have synchronized, whether you have this extension installed or not.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14049831, 3 míonna ó shinTab Stash is one of the greatest gifts a coder could give us! Thank you so much Josh! I've been using it for years! Over the years though, I've settled on Brave vs Firefox or Safari and I'd pay SO much money to be able to use it on Brave!! Pretty please? I know you said years ago that you weren't going to? I'm so sad without you! <3Thanks for the kind words!
I truly wish I could offer a Chrome-based version, but it's quite a significant effort to port, and since I only use Firefox, I'm not sure I could provide the same level of quality and support. Tab Stash is open source, though, and I'm happy to work with, support and guide anyone else who wants to take on the effort of porting it.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Jake, 3 míonna ó shinI have found this a far better solution to tab and bookmark management than anything else I have personally used.
I would urge anyone that struggles to keep their tabs and bookmarks in order(especially their tabs; I used to leave so many — most unloaded — open; I know, terrible habit) to give it a try. Even if one doesn't tend to keep many tabs open, whether due to constrained computing resources or otherwise, it opens up a much easier workflow than working with bookmarks alone.
- Rated 5 out of 5by akasico1, 3 míonna ó shinI WILL DONATE 50eur...
...if you port this to android. let me know when you do thx
I use tab stash as:
a) I use tab stash as a time planner ( I use the system get thing done 1. urgent 2. important 3. one day 4. waiting)
b) I use tab stash as a shopping list
c) I use tab stash as a calendar and agenda
d) I use tab stash as a To do List or task manager
e) I use tab stash as a post it service (to write my notes it s cool )
f) I use tab stash as a hard disk explorer and link to get quickly access to the files I need it in my hard-drive ex in windows C:\Dropbox\
g) I use tab stash as a reading list. Since I have this plugin I don t use pocket as a reading list pity is not on the other browser as pocket does but I import from there the bookmarks
h) I use tab stash to open multiple website similar to the plugin bulk opener or open multiple url plugin
i) I use tab stash as a different profile for firefox (I mean I have a saved group for work that open all the webs for work) and I have another group for house ( it will be good to have does groups already created like morning coffee plugin )
cool function --> the option to show tab stash in a tap is great to see everything at one
-----> CAN BE IMPROVE IT :(
1. missing --> Not working for Firefox Focus or Firefox Android you have 24,341 Users for sure many of them use android, and there are no plugin you will be the first . Hit first hit twice ;)
2. missing ---> IMPORTANT when you have many saved groups.
A index Group for all the saved day ( I create manually and rename saved days as to do group, to shopping list group, speed dial webpage group, favorite phone number list group, etc)
3. missing --> it would be great can edit the link (we can edit the name of the bookmark stash but not the link sometimes I just want to change the link)
4. missing --> it will be good to see a calendar in tab stash so we can have address link for days ex if I have to go on 3rd of Wednesday this month to buy somenthing to Carrefour I put a link to Carrefour for that day or other day to the medician for ex
something like to see tab stash by calendar you have already the option to show tab stash in a tab
5 missing ---> Colored or color for the groups like containers color does for the containers. It will be cool to have it example I have ten groups two for shopping (online shopping, offer shopping) another two groups for todo things, one for children, so different color groups
6 missing ---> To have created house group, work group, children group, shopping group, by default
7. missing ---> Will be great to have groups sync between the plugin multi-Account Containers (firefox plugin and Tab Stash plugin) so I can have the same container and saved group ex Facebook group (network group fb... , Amazon group (shopping list) google container-google group (for gmail, calendar... work container- work group stash, ) and all can be automatic and FF SYNC
8. missing ---> it will be great to have a short key to access to the option stashed tab in a tab
9. TAB STASH it will great to have the possibility to add tab stash in a tab as a new tab window (home start page or new tab window page)
10. Missing ---> Also another thing can be good to have the option of pin saved group or not deleted save group when this group because empty. Sometimes we have to deleted some bookmark and next week to added again
11. Missing ---> tab stash for chrome ??? I found this I think is another developer
WHAT i DO TO HAVE TAB STASH IN OTHER BROWSERS I EDIT WITH FIREFOX AND IMPORT BOOKMARKT FROM THE OTHER BROWSER at list I can have it at work where they don t use it firefox, it will be cool from firefox to have sync bookmarkt like pocket service everywere ;)
Shame I can not send pics here but if you give me an email I can send you or show in a team viewr sesion
ThxThank you for the feedback, I'll be sure to keep it in mind. I'm unfortunately not a Chrome or an Android user so I can't really offer support for those platforms, but both are fairly common requests.
It is unfortunately not available for Chrome (though there are several other Chrome extensions named "Tab Stash" or variations thereof, not related to this one). I'm afraid a port to Chrome would be quite involved and missing some significant functionality (due to Chrome's limitations). But Tab Stash is open source and if someone wants to maintain Chrome and/or Android ports, I'm more than happy to work with them.
I've not heard of folks using Tab Stash as a to-do list/agenda before but I'm glad to hear it's working well for you! Thanks for the review!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 18154452, 3 míonna ó shinThis add-on deserves an award! Saved me a lot of stress and many hours of work. I organized my tabs in a very short amount of time. I wish I'd found it sooner. Thank you for developing this!!