Rated 1 out of 5by Lymiss, 7 míonna ó shin
Been using Prolific for over a year now and the website is great. The extension for Firefox was fine and working well up until a couple of days ago. Firefox had an update that for some reason messed up my settings on the browser and I had to do a fresh install to fix everything. Since this, the extension is not updating and it shows "err" on the little icon. When you click on the refresh button, it won't refresh. I am missing out on studies because of this. Hopefully this can get fixed soon.
- Rated 1 out of 5by JM9, bliain ó shinPractically useless, it does not refresh for hours at a time, and on the rare occassion that it does detect a study, even if you immediately go to Prolific the study is almost always already full.
- Rated 1 out of 5by AshleyL, bliain ó shinNo longer seems to tell you if there are surveys available. You have to actually be on the website for it to tell you at all. So, there is absolutely no point in downloading this addon. Seriously. Don't waste your time with this.
- Rated 5 out of 5by JD, 2 bliain ó shinJust started using this. There are just a few simple settings to adjust things like volume etc. It's very easy to use and has already notified me of a survey I would otherwise have missed.
In the last three hours I have been notified of three studies that I would not have known about. I check Prolific once a day at most, so if this add-on continues to work I am likely to do a lot more of them. Well done Prolific.
- Rated 3 out of 5by jb, 2 bliain ó shinIs there any way to disable the sound on Firefox ? I can see there's meant to be in the description, but cannot for the life of me find where to actually do it - Thanks
- Rated 3 out of 5by Logiaa77, 2 bliain ó shinThe app itself is very good, but the problem is, that the only can check for studies every 60 seconds. Thats too long. Most studies are full within a minute, so you cant participate in it. I wish the devs would make it that it could update faster, like very 10sec or so.
- Rated 2 out of 5by crustrat, 2 bliain ó shinI like the idea behind this extension and the options for it are simple, so it's hassle-free and low effort.
However, whenever it sends me a notification, the study is already full, every time, after my initial use for over a week. Other surveys it outright wouldn't tell me about.
I find it necessary to keep a pinned tab open and manually check it myself every hour or so, because this app is inadiquate but does remind me to check. It would be nice to be able to make it check more frequently than every 60 seconds.