- by ertpecs, bliain ó shinRated 1 out of 5was good until they started pushing their own ads and notifications through. Just use privacy badger and decentraleyes
- by Firefox user 16098161, bliain ó shinRated 1 out of 5It was great. Now it's compromised, it allowed my search to be rerouted to a fake Firefox billionth search rewards scam site. Then didn't allow me to backtrack to my original search.
- by Firefox user 15762528, bliain ó shinRated 1 out of 5Doesn't block video ads only gives you option to skip after 5 seconds.
- by Firefox user 14106802, bliain ó shinRated 1 out of 5It will give you interrupting ads itself. Pop ups from its "trusted partners" will occur and interrupt. Do you want to avoid ads? Do not download.Ghostery Rewards operates locally, meaning it is completely contained within your browser and does not transmit personal information back to Ghostery, or any other third-party companies. If you would like, it can be disabled at any time: Open the Ghostery menu > click the three stacked dots > click "settings" > click opt-in/out > un-check the box that reads "participating in Ghostery Rewards". Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- by Ry, bliain ó shinRated 1 out of 5This add on has worked for years all up until a week ago. Now it doesn't block ads anymore and offers you a premium subscription to ghostery to get more "protection". Ghostery have now put up a paywall in order to experience what users have been receiving for years before, Sad day for the internetHi there, Ghostery the extension still offers the same, free, protection we always have. We have introduced an option for a subscription within our extension, but it is not required to use it. Let us know if you have any questions to email@example.com.
- by AbiliTV Broadcasting, bliain ó shinRated 1 out of 5I have used this wonderful add on, on and off for years. Recently almost every time I open a tab, or go to a website up pops the advert for MIDNIGHT! I can't seem to turn this off. WHAT IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THIS UPGRADE? Seems the team at Ghostery figure why not irritate people after all if they use the add on they are a captive audience. It is ashamed we can't elect NOT to be bothered with this annoying advert. ISN'T That apart of why we use this add on in the first place? Uninstalling. Deserves negative 50 stars just for this issue. I would not waste the time or bandwidth to download this add on any longer. They lie about blocking ads when it's their ad that is being pushed every few moments. In fact I think I will file a complaint with Firefox, the Google Play store as they purposely mislead consumers with the claim it blocks ads.
- by Firefox user 12093425, bliain ó shinRated 1 out of 5I've had Ghostery installed on Firefox for years now and it's served me well, but I just removed it & won't be back—Ghostery has become increasingly commercialized and with its latest update is repeatedly intruding with pop-up ads of its own trying to hock its monthly paid "premium" service. Ghostery's become an ad-blocker that—bewilderingly—shows you ads; moreover, there's no functionality it provides that other privacy add-ons don't/can't.
Do yourself a favor and skip clicking the install button & just close the tab.
- by Firefox user 15963245, bliain ó shinRated 1 out of 5Gibt vor, ein datenschutzorientierter Werbeblocker zu sein - und blendet dabei selbst penetrante Werbung ein - und das unter Mißachtung des Datenschutzes: So werden auf den Seiten von Onlineshops sehr extreme Einblendungen von Mitbewerbern gezeigt! Ganz übel! Dieser "Werbeblocker" ist meines Erachtens Betrug am Benutzer! VORSICHT!Ghostery blockiert Tracking und Werbung von Drittanbietern. Ghostery Rewards wird lokal betrieben, dh es ist vollständig in Ihrem Browser enthalten und überträgt keine persönlichen Informationen an Ghostery, Cliqz oder andere Drittunternehmen. Sie kann im Einstellungsmenü deaktiviert werden. Weitere Informationen finden Sie in unseren Datenschutzerklärungen: https://www.ghostery.com/about-ghostery/privacy-statements/
Bei Fragen wenden Sie sich bitte per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org.
- by 1x01, bliain ó shinRated 1 out of 5This addon has its "Ghostery Rewards" function turned on by default, which basically sells your information to certain companies which the developers have "whitelisted."
此插件中的“Ghostery Rewards”功能默认是开启的，具体功能就是把用户的隐私信息发送给和开发者合作的特定公司。Ghostery blocks third party tracking and ads. Ghostery Rewards operates locally, meaning it is completely contained within your browser and does not transmit personal information back to Ghostery, Cliqz, or any other third party companies. It can be disabled in the settings menu. Refer to our privacy statements for more information: https://www.ghostery.com/about-ghostery/privacy-statements/ Reach out to us by email to email@example.com with any questions.