Review by Firefox user 17088672
Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17088672, 2 bliain ó shin
When it works its fantastic. Sad thing is, half the time I can't login. Seems like each Firefox update breaks something and the extension needs to be re-installed. Once you get around that problem, its really nice to have virtual cards.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Fundiakita, lá ó shinThe app itself is great, but accessing it is a problem 7 out of 10 times. Either it keeps running like it is signing you in or it gives an error saying there is a problem signing in. It's very frustrating😤! When it works well it is a great app, but the problem signing in is too often and very problematic when you are trying to take care of something expeditiously. I've been waiting to get signed in since I started writing this review. It says "Securely signing you in with express checkout... " but nothing is happening. I have even signed into the CapitalOne site and still it will not get pass this message.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15334684, 25 lá ó shinNo work no function no bueno. Awesome idea but no carry-through.
- Rated 4 out of 5by jyunte, mí ó shinFIX FOR ENO NOT WORKING:
The Problem - The probable reason for Eno extension not working is that you need to log in. Eno pops up a window to log into your CapitalOne account. The popup window closes rapidly and apparently fails to log you in so Eno simply doesn't work.
The Solution - The solution for me has been to add an exception to your browser's security policy. Settings -> Privacy & Security. Then scroll down to Cookies and Site Data. Click Manage Exceptions and add an exception for "https://verified.capitalone.com". Now try clicking the Eno login button again. If it still doesn't work, refresh the page.
- Rated 1 out of 5by That Guy, 2 míonna ó shinQuite amazing that this plug in still suffers from the problems of not staying signed in, or being able to sign in at all. Very sad.
- Rated 2 out of 5by BirdMan, 2 míonna ó shinGood idea and works really well when it works. More than half the time I'm stuck with 3 bouncing dots and can't proceed.
- Rated 1 out of 5by TLP85, 4 míonna ó shinThis extension worked great when I first added it. Like everyone else lately, I find it no longer works, especially since the last firefox update that removed the extension buttons at the top where you could click on the extension you wanted to use. I contacted Capital One to complain and suggest they need to allow people the ability to create new virtual cards from within the app or on the website. I was told they are working on all these things. And that Eno is a third party thing separate from Captial One which I don't see where you can contact them from. Only suggestion was to use Google Chrome instead which I chose not to use anymore several years ago. Hope this info is helpful to someone out there!
- Rated 1 out of 5by emmercm, 4 míonna ó shinEasily the worst extension that I'm forced to use. The multiple virtual card functionality isn't available through the website, and this extension barely works on a good day. It logs me out all the time, and frequently won't let me log back in.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13685694, 4 míonna ó shinI'd rate it if it worked. It keeps complaining about a difficulty.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Cory Sanin, 4 míonna ó shinIt's nice when it works. Probably logs me in a little less than half of the time. Why isn't all this functionality in the main mobile app anyway??
- Rated 3 out of 5by ElFlaco, 5 míonna ó shinThe same as other reviewers, I could not make this work in Firefox. The popup would appear and then disappear instantly. But then I installed it on Chrome, and it worked well there. So, I split the difference between one star and five stars.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17719956, 5 míonna ó shinTrash. Does not work properly on Mozilla half the time.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firechux, 5 míonna ó shinI am using eno in Firefox on a mac. It frequently fails. I have the same experience that others have posted here. I try to log in, it brings up another window, the window goes away without logging me in, and I'm back at the original window. I have contacted Firefox and they say to contact Capital One. I have contacted Capital One and they say it works.