- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15183223, 17 lá ó shinThere is a little problem with it... this extension is used by a relatively small community. When a site makes a fingerprint of your browser, the part of the fingerprint is the used extensions... If you can't hide your extension, then the existance of it with some other parameters are enough to track you. IMHO
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13619463, mí ó shinhad to disable it because its slowing my browser down again. im sure its mozillas fault, not yours but pls look into it. (this has happened before and it was their fault)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 17411815, 4 míonna ó shinImportant: Just because your canvas is unique, it does NOT mean you are trackable, because the fingerprint changes every time you visit the site. A great tool that belongs on every Harden list.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 12401675, 4 míonna ó shinBypassing DOMRect protection does not work if you change the webGL manufacturer in the CanvasBlocker settings. Navigator API protection not working. You can check it at https://webbrowsertools.com/ip-address/
Screen API protection bypass also does not work if the screen size is set manually. Please fix these issues.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Teagan, 4 míonna ó shinI would like to give this Add-On more then 2 1/2 stars (which is what I selected but it's showing 3 starts). In general, it does seem to work with some flaws. For me, my biggest issue, or what annoys me about all add-ons, is that they will always slow down your browser and CanvasBlocker is no exception to this. It does slow down my browser quite a bit, but I suppose that can vary from user to user depending on what you've selected as its settings. So don't be surprised if it does slow down your browser.
If you are using the Privacy Badger Add-On, expect the Add-On's to conflict with each other a lot, or from time to time. Depending on the type of internet user you are (or Netizen); if you are normally intimidated by what seems to be a complicated Add-On with lots of options to select, or you don't know what DOMRect, webGL, or APIs means, don't let that discourage, or prevent you from using it. Take your time to read how to use this extension (Add-On) and you should be good.
Developer responseposted 4 míonna ó shinYou can try the different presets to check which one fits your need best.
I notice much better performance when I disable notifications for DOMRect: https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/discussions/638#discussioncomment-5313863