- by DaddyCool, 4 míonna ó shinRated 5 out of 5It seems that setting “reader.parse-on-load.force-enabled” to “true” no longer has any effect (some say ever since FF75). Anyway, with or without it there are sites' pages which can perfectly well be viewed in Reader Mode and yet the mode is inaccessible with Firefox as is... but is perfectly accessible with this 'Activate Reader View' : try CNN pages for instance. I happen to wonder if sites have any authority on blocking the native Page Mode... Anyway, this extension does it. Very nice work.
- by testuser42, bliain ó shinRated 5 out of 5Does not a lot, but does what it says, so I'm gonna give it 5 Stars. However, I'm not gonna use it anymore, as I frequently need to edit the text in reader view - thanks for linking similar descriptions below.
- by Firefox user 15045770, bliain ó shinRated 5 out of 5Works great! Appreciate the open source!
Setting "reader.parse-on-load.force-enabled" actually does NOT always work; pick a random article off of www.cnn.com for an example. This plugin forces reader mode even when that option fails. Thank you.
- by Hector, bliain ó shinRated 5 out of 5Please consider adding a shortcut/hotkey to activate this feature. There is no way to do that by default firefox settings.
True, about:config can get similar feature as this addon, so maybe adding a hotkey would make this addon a very useful suppliment for the default settings!
- by Firefox user 15037318, 2 bliain ó shinRated 5 out of 5To the developer:
The icon for this addon is next to invisible on my top right where it is located. Its color is a faint grey. In order to have it visible you need to put it in white instead.
Thanks to consider solving this icon issue.
Good job, now I can see it much better.
Developer responseposted 2 bliain ó shinThe background color of the icon was transparent, which made it hard to distinguish the contours on Firefox' grey user interface. As of version 0.1.2, the icon's background is white, thanks for the suggestion!