- Noté 5 sur 5par LeeteqXV, il y a 5 moisSeems to work well, allthough I have not analyzed the memory usage/liberation exactly yet. In some browser profiles I use 3 minutes timeout, the main browser is set to 15 min. (900 seconds) timeout. Important that it does not require any unnecessary permissions.
- Noté 2 sur 5par LLLLLLLllllllIIIIIiiii:::..|°|, il y a 7 moisThis addon is doing its job good.
It offers user to make several custom adjustments.
Also displays on its addon symbol the number of open tabs, though this is truncated to only 3 digits.
Needs minimal permissions.
But it is very disappointing in heavy usage. A firefox with 1000s of tabs gets very sluggish with this addon, resulting in very noticeable slow response, unbearable delays when switching between tabs.
- Noté 1 sur 5par napsterX, il y a 8 moisNot great at all. My firefox started eating more memory after adding this. Without the plugin, it was using 1.3GB and after adding plugin, it went to 2GB
- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 17217940 de Firefox, il y a un anEN 8 MESES INSTALADA .
NUNCA HA FUNCIONADO.
¿ Firefox no tiene ninguna extensión tipo Marvellous Suspender que está en Chrome que SÍ FUNCIONA?
- Noté 5 sur 5par Helder Magalhães, il y a un anExtension is great and won the competition by allowing customization of "time to suspend". In my use-case I use two hours (7200 seconds), which equivalent extensions didn't allow me to set; less than that causes tabs to get suspended too early, which is sub-optimal.
Aligned with other comments, I would also like that suspended tabs would get a visual notification; as an *alternative* and/or complement, the number of tabs overlay in the toolbar button could be turned into the number of suspended tabs or, at least, suspended/total.
Keep up the good work! 😉
- Noté 4 sur 5par AmberR, il y a un anThis extension is great. It's light weight, doesn't require me to create an account, and works as expected. I know a lot of reviewers said they wish it showed better which tabs are suspended, I use this in conjunction with Tree Style Tabs where it does grey out the suspended tabs so I get that visual. However, what I would like is the ability to click on a tab to see what it is without unsuspending it. If you could provide an option for manual unsuspend it would make this a 5 star add-on.
- Noté 4 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 12986864 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansAwesome addon! The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I would really like to have a visual indication that the tab is unloaded. That would make this extension perfect. Nice job anyway. Thanks!
- Noté 4 sur 5par Fonzie!, il y a 2 ansThis does what it has to do, has a setting for the time and for not suspending tabs that play media and is suuuper light weight!
I'd love to have a visual indicator of a tab being suspended, such as the text and icon being greyed out, which is why I gave it 4/5 stars.
- Noté 5 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 16147975 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansI have a lot of tab's open but not useing and this keeps them open, on standby but not eating up data and running time making the main tap work it's full. Thank You all for your hard work.
- Noté 5 sur 5par NJ, il y a 2 ansThe options is simple and it's just working perfectly!! Thank you~
I just found another extension that similar with this extension, but when I use it the option is really complicated🙃 So I deside to use this!! THank you for make this extension!!
- Noté 5 sur 5par Bert, il y a 2 ansI've run a comparison of (most) of the currently available tab suspender/tab discard addons, and Total Suspender came out as the clear winner: minimal permission footprint, works reliably, and provides the right amount of customization.
Thanks a lot, k5md for writing (and updating) this quality addon. Let me know if there's a tip jar I could go and check out :)
// Full comparison //
Total Suspender: this addon, my favorite
New Tab Suspender: runner-up, almost as good as Total Suspender, but could use a few more options
Tab Suspender: lacks several relevant options
Auto Tab Reaper: same as previous, not customizable enough
Auto Tab Discard: my previous favorite, but became unreliable lately, and requires unnecessary permissions
- Noté 4 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13766921 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansThis extension is the best to save memory, but it would be amazing if I could suspend all my tabs to the left, or to the right, or even suspend them all, I can do it only one by one.
- Noté 5 sur 5par Benyamin Limanto, il y a 2 ansThis suspender works great for mobile laptop. I use it on my old asus laptop, and it keep the CPU usage down and If I need the tab back, I just need to press the suspended tab and viola the tab is back. It's great!
- Noté 5 sur 5par Zlobnyashka, il y a 2 ansReally simple, small and useful addon.
It do exactly needed without any suspicious extra-permissions.
two feature requests here:
1. Manual tab restore:
it would be really usefull to add option that tabs can be restored manually only (without automatic restore right after switch to the suspended tab)
let's say, by click inside suspended tab on some special link/area
2. suspended tab preview
additionally for 1st FR it would be helpful to have some small screenshot-preview of suspended tab in this case.
but at least site URL and tab name may be enough.
and one more time, thank you for this addon.
- Noté 4 sur 5par Europa2010AD, il y a 2 ansSimple and does what's required. However if there is an option so that tabs can be restored manually (say, after switching to the suspended tab, it only gets restored with another click on the page itself), that'd make this add-on perfect.