- par donw146, il y a 3 ansNoté 4 sur 5This extension has got to the point that I no longer run Firefox ESR in order to use the old Session Manager. Sure, it still has some bugs and missing features but it is quite usable. If you have problems losing sessions try the Export menu item to make manual backups.
To all those who complain about this extension not being as full-featured and reliable as the old Session Manager, remember that sienori started from scratch with a Web extension API that was so unfriendly to session management that none of the old extensions were ported. I think he has achieved a lot and encourage him to continue improving Tab Session Manager. Thanks.
- par joefiesta, il y a 3 ansNoté 4 sur 5I'm not really rating this 4. I haven't started using it and just want to ask question:
The backup filelocation is stated as: "Specify the folder to save the backup file. The save location is limited to the folder under Firefox download folder."
I have no Firefox download folder. That is, my option in Firefox for download locations is "ALWAYS ASK". I would like to specify the location, but it looks like I can't. Does it still use the folder listed (but not CHECKED)?
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13880448 de Firefox, il y a 3 ansNoté 4 sur 5Seems to work fine..and most importantly also seems to successfully import "Session Manager" extension session files
In my installation it saves and restores tabs in their original order, no problems there.
I have 3 Questions:
1) Where are the TSM session files saved? (their folder location)
...the "storage.js" file in the extension's folder does not include any relevant information.
2) Will "Session Manager" session file compatibility be maintained in the future?
3) Can the TSM session be converted to "Session Manager" files?
I just recently spent a week trying to salvage my sessions (several hunded tabs a piece) from another extension in FF Quantum, which were lost after a crash following an extension update.
Recently I saw a similar issue happen with TSM...
..I am terrified of this happening again because my work (researcher) depends on keeping and organizing sessions of saved tabs...
so I will be maintaining both a Quantum and a Gecko installation with SM installed, just in case...
I need a sort of "insurance policy" to maintain "mental health" and prevent professional disasters...
...of course one thing I can do is use my Cyberfox/Waterfox installation to restore a TSM session and then re-save it in Session Manager...
Since you have obviously considered the issue of SM compatibility, if there is any info you can share on this, I would be grateful
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13790188 de Firefox, il y a 4 ansNoté 4 sur 5Great extension, it works like it should.
Only one complain. Every time I start Firefox, the settings tab of the Tab Session Manager is opened.
Please fix this.
- par AndrewMWebster, il y a 4 ansNoté 4 sur 5Firstly, thank you for going to the effort of making this add-on.
I have just one request, and here it is as a User Story:
As a Firefox user,
I need to have new sessions that are opened by clicking a link *outside* Firefox restore tabs as expected AND add the tab just opened by click the link,
so that the page I wish to see by licking that link is now open, and I don't have to waste time going back and clicking the link a second time.
GIven Firefox is closed,
when I click on a link in, say, Outlook,
then Firefox opens,
and tabs are restored automatically according to how I've set up TSM,
and the new tab is added and has the focus.
I'm sure you're sick of comparisons to the old Session Manager, but this describes its normal behavior.
Good luck, I hope you can manage to add this feature. It'll be much appreciated.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13701447 de Firefox, il y a 4 ansNoté 4 sur 5Thx for the Add On. It helps much!
There is but an important Problem. After the restart of the computer, the Tabs can not be opened. =(
If you looking forward to update your software, please put this to your priority list.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13672878 de Firefox, il y a 4 ansNoté 4 sur 5Your extension has a problem when restoring sessions since the restored Tabs are not kept in the same position and order as they where before on the Tab Bar but they are all scrambled to new positions creating a chaos of missaligned Tabs. This flaw needs to be fixed asap.