- Noté 5 sur 5par 7russ, il y a 10 moisI've been using this add-on for a few months now and it's an absolute game changer. It takes a little while to figure out how to add custom search engines and tweak the settings, but once you do it makes navigating the internet so much faster and more streamlined.
You can even add refined Google searches using the prefix "site:" to search within a specific website (great for sites like Reddit that have a terrible in-site search engine), or search by domain extension like .gov or .edu using "site:.gov:". Or any other Google prefix like filetype:, define:, cache:, etc. Look up Google operators for a full list.
These are things you could always do, but being able to just highlight a word or phrase and have it done in a couple clicks is amazing.
Also, make sure to allow popup on editable fields. That way you can type whatever you want to search for in any editable field and use SSS to search wherever you want without having to go to the website first.
- Noté 5 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 17229354 de Firefox, il y a 10 moisThe best extension with a tons of features. It's a pity the maintainer does not have time to maintain it anymore. Maybe it would have been wiser not to add so many features and keep it simple
- Noté 5 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14108576 de Firefox, il y a un anFive stars because obviously this is my problem, not the extension's, but...
Out of the box it works, but I can't figure out how to do any of the customization that would make it truly valuable. Like,
① How do I add a search engine? I can follow the instructions, but adding a link to, say, dictionary.com takes me to that address, dictionary.com, not to a search for the highlighted word.
② What do P and C stand for in the "Search Engines" chart?
③ Where can I ask questions like these? A review seems the wrong place, but "Homepage" and "Support site" both lead to the same github page, which isn't for a non-techy like me.
- Noté 5 sur 5par Nero14x, il y a un anWonderful addon.
Suggestion: Could you add an option to click on a search engine in context menu without the context menu disappearing (for example holding ctrl) so one can quickly put a word in different search engines without having to right click again.
- Noté 2 sur 5par Peter J. Mello, il y a un anIt's like a bad rip-off of SelectionSK. I wanted to like it, especially when SelectionSK was driving me nuts with the package tracking feature run amok, but it's slower and doesn't use screen real estate as well. I guess it's back to 'Old Faithful' for me, package tracking insanity or not, heh.
- Noté 4 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13253653 de Firefox, il y a un an!!!!! Es erleichtert mir wirklich sehr vieles !!!!!
Sehr gut gemacht. Sehr super durchdachtes "SEARCH Add-On". Aber weil es so viele Funktionen bietet sollte es Anfangs eine "Sprachauswahl der Einstellungen" für die wichtigsten Sprachen geben.
(Deutsch; Französisch; Spanisch; Chinesisch; Russisch usw.)
Firefox der beste Browser für mich seit 2003 weil es so tolle Leute wie sie (Daniel Lobo) gibt.