- Noté 4 sur 5par CryoRage, il y a 6 ansTL;DR: Works as intended, even on Firefox Quantum 57.0.4 (64-bit).
As the name implies; it's simple, and it translates, while a great majority of other translation add-ons DON'T.
More often than not they seem only capable of redirecting you to a Google Translate page containing whatever website or blog or piece of text you wanted to translate. Seriously, anyone with a computer and two hands could do that. And that's why this one stands out: it might not be spectacular or anything, but at least it's capable of translating whatever you highlight and does so in a neat little textbox, all without disrupting your workflow.
Even though the actual translations can be a bit rough from time to time, i'm usually able to make sense of it nonetheless.
So if you're looking for a simple and easy to use add-on for on-the-fly translation, this might be your best option.
- Noté 4 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13699815 de Firefox, il y a 6 ans-Simplicity in its best.
-Maybe you should consider a setting for translating only by selection.
-Sometimes translate button doesn't appear.
- Noté 4 sur 5par w.f.a., il y a 6 ansThis is a great and well designed translation add-on!
- Automatic switching to second language seems to be not working when selecting text. (reported bug)
- Switching language in the popup box (after clicking the icon) would be good to remember at least till the end of browser session (or another change).
- Using the language (selected in the popup box) as "first" for the context menu action (at least till the end of browser session) would be a great feature.
And again: this is a great and well designed translation add-on!
(I will give 5 stars after fixing the above issues)
- Noté 4 sur 5par Tetsuya Tsurugi, il y a 6 ansCan I recommend two new customization options?
1.- Add "translate selected text to google translate" for advanced translate options (as listening to the translation)
2.- Put "translate selected text" in the top of the list (or even better, select the options order)
So far is a great addon, but I think It need some little options to be better