- Noté 1 sur 5par LAjoshua, il y a 5 joursA single extension that accesses both google translate and DeepL sounded good. Unfortunately I tried to follow the instructions, signed up for a free DeepL account to get the authentication key, and there is no such key. It looks like DeepL withdrew free access to the API and developed their own Firefox extension here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/deepl-translate/
So this Simple Translate extension and documentation is badly out of date and no longer has the functionality it claims.
- Noté 1 sur 5par BLUEBERRY80, il y a 14 joursNever worked. Only created a bar at the bottom of my phone screen. There is basically no settings for this add-on. I am looking for a working one immediately.
- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15235119 de Firefox, il y a 4 moisAlmost exactly what i wanted: mark, rightclick, translate.
But then on some websites, including my own (wordpress+elementor) it scatters random translate buttons all over the screen. Why? They are not even bound to text, just stay on the screen even when scrolling. And I cant find a way to switch those off, not even by blacklisting those pages or switching the plugin off on a page!
- Noté 1 sur 5par RR, il y a 4 moisWhy does the addon insert this code when editing text on my site?
div id="simple-translate" class="simple-translate-system-theme" /div
even when I don't use it when copying text from the window. Please mozilla check it out!
- Noté 1 sur 5par RA, il y a 5 moisI have been using it for a while but it ceased to work. I reinstalled it but it does nothing when I double click a word or highlight it then chose translate highlighted text from the pop-up menu.
- Noté 1 sur 5par KnOwlEdge, il y a 5 moisNon-existing support, zero reaction from the dev. in the posts on Github, zero consideration for the issues brought to his attention.
The addon has been updated many times and still the dev couldn't find time to make a freaking simple improvement like introducing a time limit for the button which appears when you select text.
A button that right now stays there FOREVER until you click somewhere else in the page, which is NOT always the case (for example, if you copy something to attach it in another page. Simple case: I copied the title of a movie I was streaming, so to write it to someone in an email. When I went back to the streaming, the freaking button was there in the mid of the freaking video. This is RIDICULOUS and one of the most blatant examples of atrocious UX Design.
It's so annoying that it escapes my comprehension how people give this thing 5 stars.
- Noté 1 sur 5par Casey, il y a 6 moisDeepL translation after all this time still doesn't work after adding an authentication key, and Google Translate is used instead. I further question if any online ratings mean anything
- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14520804 de Firefox, il y a 6 moisTrying to translate an entire website, the add-on always uses the Google translator, even with an existing DeepL API key. I am surprised why this add-on is recommended when even such basic things do not work.
- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14425971 de Firefox, il y a un anThe addon adds content to the editor itself, e.g. Wordpress
The following content is added:
"div id="simple-translate" class="simple-translate-light-theme"
div class="simpie-translate-button isShow" style="background-image: url('moz-extension ://7bd028b3-62a8-43e5-918c-13744618dc89/icons/512.png'); height: 22px; width: 22px; top: 3648px; left: 38px;"/div
div class="simple-translate-panel " style="width: 300px; height: 200px; top: 0px; left: 0px; font-size: 13px;"
div class="simple-translate-result-wrapper" style="overflow: hidden;"
div class="simple-translate-move" draggable="true"X/div
p class="simple-translate-result" dir="auto"X/p
p class="simple-translate-candidate" dir="auto"X/p