Endorsing yet another suggestion Noté 5 sur 5 étoiles
I was reading the reviews that other people have writtenfor Selected Search and I found this one to be good - "One suggestion: add a "copy" icon, so when selecting text you're not intending to search, the pop-up doesn't become useless."
If you can give us the Option to set one of the buttons on the grid as a "Copy" button, then we'd be able to copy text faster than we already can by selecting the text and then doing a Ctrl+C.
You could even think of adding the same functions as the "Addmoretexttoclipboard" addon and probably also the "Copy as plain text" addon . This will mean that you'd give us three optional buttons. One for Copy, Second for Copy as plain text, Third for Append to clipboard with newline.
I understand that your addon is a Search addon. But these functions can make yours the king of all addons(apart from Tab Mix plus that is!). Just Sayin!!
Thanks a lot + Reply to your message Noté 5 sur 5 étoiles
Thanks a lot for being so responsive. About suggestion 2 in my previous review.
I could not check how the middle click works because I use a laptop that has no middle click on it. I have checked extensively, there seems to be absolutely no way to middle click on this ASUS laptop. I imagine that this would be an issue that other people also face.
I'd have a couple of suggestions if you'd like to change this. Apart from the Left click and Middle click, you can probably
1. Also provide an option to configure the Right click.
2. OR Ctrl+Lclick on the grid keeps the grid shown so that you can make additional clicks on it
3. OR a keyboard hotkey to keep the grid shown till you dismiss it using the same hotkey
4. OR an option among the preferences to add a "Pin" or "Stay on top" button to the grid. Pressing this button keeps the grid shown till it is unpinned.
Noté 5 sur 5 étoiles
A great addon. I am surprised why it is used by just 800 odd people and has been rated only 4 stars. I have added this addon to my collection of search related addons and have recommended it highly.
I have a few more suggestions to make this addon even better.
1. Tooltips to show the names of search engines. This would be extremely useful for me and many others who use multiple search engines from the same website, therefore which have the same logo. For example - I use Google News, Google Finance, Google Search for results within the last 24 hours and Google Blog search; All of these search engines have the same logo, so I am not able to differentiate between them. A tooltip would be most helpful.
A competing addon i.e Fastest Fox provides tooltips but lets you put only 7 search engines on the pop up grid, while I use 25. You should take a look at it. The extension also gives you a very small box in which you can enter your search engine shortcut to search with an engine which does not appear in the grid.
2. Hotkey to show the grid and freeze it. This way we can press multiple buttons one after the other to search with many search engines at once. This would have the potential to make your addon useful for simple as well as heavy duty searching and might make the "Search on engine change" redundant.
Keep up the great work.
Thank you for your suggestions.
I've implemented your first suggestion. Though i personally prefer to alter the icon of the search engine itself to have a different look. But that's quite a tedious procedure, especially if you are using that many search engines.
About your second suggestion: i'm not sure if i'm getting you right, but Selected Search can already do that. In its default configuration, after selecting once you can do multiple searches by using the middle button.