Noté 4,5 sur 5
4,5 étoiles sur 5
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14721074 de Firefox, il y a un anNoté 3 sur 5Working well on Bing, however I'm still getting ads on Google, I think Google may have updated the way they show ads, so this extension may be in need of an update.
Including an Imgur screenshot to show what I mean
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a un anHello,
Yes you are correct, Google have updated how they show ads.
I am to create a fix this weekend, and will update this message once I have.
Thanks for spotting this!
- par jputting, il y a un anNoté 5 sur 5This is a very good firefox add-on for removing ads in search engine results.
The add-on developer is conscientious and tries hard to remedy problems with this add-on in a reasonable time within their quite busy work schedule.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a un anHello jputting,
As promised in my email, I have fixed this issue, and a new version (v1.1.3) is now available for download.
If you have any other problems, questions or queries, do not hesitate to contact me.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13433679 de Firefox, il y a 3 ansNoté 3 sur 5Removes some of the Google ads, but not all. Depending upon the site, up to 60% is still covered by ads. Need to work on the ads that appear on the sides of the page.
- par Prometheon, il y a 4 ansNoté 5 sur 5UPDATED AFTER REMOVAL OF PROMOTIONAL PROMPTS.
Thanks to the the speedy response from the author I can now happily restore those two stars I docked for obtrusive promotions.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 4 ansHello Prometheon,
Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear you were not entirely satisfied with the quality of the add-on.
I have released an update to remove the promotional messages.
Please note that each message is only shown once, and there are only two message, therefore only 2 searches will have a message embedded at the top. It should not affect searching too much.
The reason the message were displayed:
I was planning to add functionality to inform users of changes (for example if Google change their code and the add-on temporarily stopped working). I would do this through these messages. To test if they were working correctly I added 2 self-promotional messages:
- The first asking users to rate & share the add-on
- The second to promote another one of my add-ons
I could use that to check if the messages were working correctly because I could analyze the download sources of my other add-on (to test the second message), and quote share text in Google (to find who shared the add-on using the first message)
The messages have now been disabled. In the future I will add an option to enable or disable messages and informative updates.
Thank you for your idea of creating an icon of the top of the page, when I re-enable the messages in a future update (with an option to disable them), that is what I will do.
Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any other problems, questions or queries, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- par software tester, il y a 4 ansNoté 5 sur 5Works as stated. It removes all the side, top, and bottom advertisements! What a relief: my searches are so enchroached by ads that my search results are similar to that Scooby Dooby Do opening part of the cartoon where all those "eyes are popping up around" old Scooby. Well if you extrapolate, my search results (nearly nil after all the ads put on) look like being in the center of those popping up eyes while they claustophibically close in on my search results to where they have no more room to display! It is a low down dirty rotten shame that advertisers are allowed to DESTROY THE INTERNET like they do. When this program removed the ads it was unbelievable and stopped wasting hours and hours of search time as the ads severely impact search speed. It is amazing that the internet is under siege and good sites are being "sued out of existence" using this new millenium act as it is not to protect rights (as people probably making a bundle more giving away free stuff) but is being used to remove all the good work the good people have done to bring us things besides ads for big corporations (eg. sites like Starman's Realm give a huge amount of free information, very helpful for the AVERAGE person and not Donald Trump's hair stylist). All the free information websites are being crowded off the map by this "slow change via making little steps of changes" where by the average "big dummy" falls for it, EVERY TIME, and thus IN THE END RESULT AFTER A FEW YEARS everything is one big organization that is out of the control of the regular person, and it is not just Walmart bashing time either as there are a PLETHORA of huge organizations that control a MAJORITY OF WHAT WE DO. In fact when you see an army of cops standing around taking target practice at some homeless person, who would probably blow over with one slight wind, and unloading a couple hundred rounds into him/her when they are holding a stupid little knife, well then one realizes that this ad bombardment by Google, Yahoo, and other such monopolies are very similar and this is all part of ONE BIG ISSUE as when one allows big organizations to crap all over us then the ad issue is all the same as the cop issue and etc., etc.. I spent a whole day looking for some older drivers which should have been a walk in the park but organization that made the stuff removed it from their website: again same issue, and the government is so interested charging the average bloke with a crime yet have no rules for companies as they create a myriad of products yet have no responsibility for providing something when one needs it as they say it is just nothing and close up shop where as if you or I did this their would be a big investigation. Anyway and anyhow, I just wanted people to realize this (they need to be reminded of this at every chance one gets) as being all the same part of one big ball of wax, and that this program Search Engine Ad Remover should be commended for helping not only make the average persons life better, but is helping to aleviate a huge issue which people must get off their royal hind end and nip this problem in the bud. This is a must have addon!