Noté 3,9 sur 5
3,9 étoiles sur 5
- par Erica, il y a 5 ansNoté 5 sur 5I have no idea why those last two reviews are so negative, but this helped me out in testing with a vendor that suddenly decided to move to a REST API with only a few weeks notice.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 11808772 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansNoté 2 sur 5Some months ago I wrote this rating, giving only 1 star. Since then Firefox evolved and the most annoying bug vanished:
[stroke]When I add a OAuth key the first time, I have to remove the modal overlay manually using developer tools.[/stroke]
Most bugs still persist:
Editing behaviour of request body text field is unexpected:
You click in the field and the box grows in size, reflowing text. Then it annoys you further, by selecting the whole text, instead of letting the cursor just be.
If you type in the URL field, it suggests previous URLs (coming from the browser, not addon). Good! When you navigate with the arrow keys to the desired item and press Enter, the request is directly sent. Bad!
Animations are really slow and distracting.
In the header dropdown, you don't see all of the content, e.g. there is an entry "Content-Type: appli…" and another entry "Content-Type: appli…". ╯°□°）╯︵ ┻━┻
Today, when I added an OAuth key, deleted it and added another one, it sent the request with the previous key. FML
I wrote previously:
"This addon was never finished and died a year ago. It seems the developer lost interest, given it was incarnated ca. 4 years ago and last commit is 1 year ago."
This still holds true.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 10389108 de Firefox, il y a 6 ansNoté 5 sur 5For all the people who need PATCH method, just click on the 'Method' dropdown list and instead of choosing from the list of existing methods, start typing in the box. It's a combo box and it will allow you to type PATCH as the name of the method and you're good to go.
It would be nice though if developer would add PATCH method to the list of default methods.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 11712952 de Firefox, il y a 6 ansNoté 3 sur 5Needs PATCH method!!!!! It's good for all the other http methods, but there's no PATCH support! And with more and more applications becoming ReSTful, and with frameworks like spring 4 / boot and other scaffolding-based frameworks, PATCH is a standard method for updating an entity. I will be using a different rest client until this one is fixed to support PATCH
- par ozanmuyes, il y a 6 ansNoté 3 sur 5One small thing came up my mind to bother me about RESTClient add-on is that can't render "Response Body (Preview)" when HTML returned from server. There is a small negative left padding exists somehow. Except that bug, it's flawless.
Update: Rating decreased 5 stars to 3 stars due to a few bugs/inabilities;
* You can't add more than one headers properly.
* No raw view for HTTP request (as Medlock Perlman mentioned below).
I hope developer will consider these comments for next release.
- par Strainy, il y a 6 ansNoté 1 sur 5I don't take the time to write reviews often. But I literally created an account so I can tell you NOT TO DOWNLOAD THIS.
I stupidly wasted a day chasing bugs that just happened to be resulting from this terrible extension.
Seriously, download SoapUI if you want reliable web service testing. You're way better off.
- par Medlock Perlman, il y a 7 ansNoté 1 sur 5Poor usability and minimal documentation make it difficult to be sure you're formatting the request properly. There's also no facility to see the raw HTTP request.
This can mean you're wasting a lot of time chasing imaginary bugs. Avoid this abware like the plague.
- par Vijay, il y a 7 ansNoté 4 sur 5Its great tool to test REST web service for all HTTP method except PATCH HTTP method.I like to test HTTP PATCH method using REST Client. In method drop-down there is no option to use PATCH method. Please suggest
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 5938507 de Firefox, il y a 7 ansNoté 1 sur 5Has problems with HEAD requests that return Content-Type application/json since it wants to parse the result but does not get one (HEAD never returns body). Won't use it anymore since I spent hours trying to find the bug in the server code...
- par boomslang, il y a 7 ansNoté 2 sur 5Sends Accept-Language and If-None-Match headers against your will. Receives a 304 respond due to the headers it set, yet displays 200 to you. Also, the interface is buggy, cannot add custom headers after some point. Awful tool overall, very bad to test your services.
- par plantigrade, il y a 7 ansNoté 5 sur 5Great tool, really nice for providing curl-fearing user with a nice test tool.
It would be even better if it implement curl's "-k" option that turns off ssl verification.
- par raj, il y a 7 ansNoté 3 sur 5Could someone please help, I am not able to see anything in response tabs even the rest url is correct, not either errors nor correct response.. it always showing blank.. I do not know whether this is a problem with my computer or any mozila setting.. Please response, if anyone solved this problem or aware about this