Noté 4,6 sur 5
4,6 étoiles sur 5
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14528261 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 4 sur 5I would continue to use Random User-Agent, however, I had to uninstall due to its breaking of Youtube. With RUA enabled on Firefox, YT's homepage yields only grayed-out slots where the videos should be shown -- obviously I can't interact with anything, let alone watch a video.
This error persists across the most recent versions of both Firefox and Waterfox. I had to disable all of my extensions and turn them on, one-by-one, and in the end, only RUA has this effect on Youtube.
Will gladly re-install in the future if this problem is resolved.I am afraid this is not an issue of RUA but rather of Youtube, as it engages in browser sniffing and returns Firefox incompatible content when your browser claims to be e.g. Chrome (there was even a case where Microsoft accused Google of deliberate sabotage). Unfortunately there is nothing the extension can do about this. You could continue using RUA, you'd simply need to whitelist youtube.com.
It would be nice if you could re-evaluate your rating in light of this situation, unless of you believe RUA doesnt deserve five stars for another reason.
- Thanks for the rating, though what would be missing for the fifth star? :)
If you experience any problems please open an issue at https://github.com/tarampampam/random-user-agent/issues/new?labels=&template=bug_report.md
It would be nice if you could reconsider your rating with that information in mind. Thank you.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 12635333 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 4 sur 5This is a good plugin, but for some reason when I pick "Chrome" in the settings, I get Safari instead of Chrome. And the plugin apparently doesn't change window.navigator.platform , I don't know if it lacks permissions to be able to do this, but it would be an important feature for spoofing the OSCould you please open a ticket at https://github.com/tarampampam/random-user-agent/issues regarding the Safari issue?
As for "platform", that has been a known issue for quite some time unfortunately https://github.com/tarampampam/random-user-agent/issues/7
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14033039 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 4 sur 5Main problem is the user agent isn't per-site. There are several user agent switchers that work per site, and several that randomize, but im still looking for one that does both to actually fill the role.
From a "user agent tracking" perspective, random spoofing per site prevents user agent based tracking (though of course there are other methods) within a single session, without this feature it somewhat defeats the point as if you're on two sites within the same random cycle you'll still be user agent matched.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14063547 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 5 sur 5Somehow this addon will cause Twitter's input box stop working (can not cut or paste).
Firefox 60.0.1 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro 64bitYou can report a bug at https://github.com/tarampampam/random-user-agent/issues
But this is most likely due to Twitter performing browser sniffing and serving incompatible content when your browser does not identify as Firefox. There is nothing the extension could do.
It would be nice if you could re-evaluate your rating based on that.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14042825 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 5 sur 5Does the job well and the best random user agent switcher I found so far. Consider adding Chrome for Android so that there can be a few versions (latest and some early versions of chrome for mobile) of that user agent, the more the better. Consider keeping the user agents updated and more randomized from time to time so that websites do not blacklist certain user-agents. Overall I see great potential in your add on and hope you keep it updated for a long time and keep it growing with functions.