Noté 3,8 sur 5
3,8 étoiles sur 5
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 11408892 de Firefox, il y a 6 ansNoté 5 sur 5I've been always trying to make my kids think before download something or just visit some pages with viruses. Since I've downloaded this extension my computer is in better condition than ever. Thank you for creating it.
- par NetDean, il y a 6 ansNoté 1 sur 5In early 2015, Public Fox started including "AdBeaver" adware to help generate revenue for it's developers. AdBeaver likes to show pop-up porn ads.
Sure, Public Fox prompts you if you want to install AdBeaver, but it's not a prompt during setup (it pops up randomly much later while browsing), it's wording is misleading, and most people blindly click "OK" anyway.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 11392822 de Firefox, il y a 6 ansNoté 5 sur 5I've looked at the comments and saw there were some problems but they don't concern me. According to my needs I can honestly say that this addon is very good and I'm fully satisfied with it.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 11392796 de Firefox, il y a 6 ansNoté 4 sur 5It doesn't work properly when some of the options are checked. But I give 4/5 because that doesn't bother me, everything what I need works perfect and my pc is not messed up since I have to share it with a group of colleagues.
- par Tobie Mignard, il y a 6 ansNoté 5 sur 5As I read a review for its URL blocker I decided to give it a go and see whether is good or not. I fell in love with this extension, I can set password and define which sites are denied and what my children can visit. There is too much inappropriate information for kids nowadays on the internet. If you want to protect their child minds you definitely will like this addon.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 11396714 de Firefox, il y a 6 ansNoté 5 sur 5At my work place there is a computer which is used by many people but I'm responsible for it. I've tried this addon and now it's easier for me. I've blocked all potentially dangerous sites also I've denied a few more things and now the mess is times less.
- par Georg Wernz, il y a 6 ansNoté 4 sur 5This extension is a great idea - to have control on your browser access. It'd vote 5 out of 5 if everything was perfect but it's not, as every new development. I'm glad that important things such options, downloads, bookmarks, etc but when I tried to lock my history it didn't do it. Anyway I'm sure this will be fix shortly and you need to try it. I think you'll like it too.
- par Massimo, il y a 6 ansNoté 5 sur 5Finally I've found what I was looking for. It does what it's supposed to do and also it is very convenient. You don't need to worry about your privacy and you can set your own rules for surfing, downloading, bookmarks, etc.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 11395328 de Firefox, il y a 6 ansNoté 5 sur 5It seems fine. I like that there are several options and you can decide which one to be active. It's easy to use with and simple enough.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 11395268 de Firefox, il y a 6 ansNoté 5 sur 5I've tried this addon and I am positive about it. I've installed it because I was looking for some protection. My computer isn't used only by me so each member of my family (especially the kids) could download and install whatever they want. Besides its great functionality I respect the URL blocker the most. By using it you can deny access to some inappropriate pages.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 11433900 de Firefox, il y a 6 ansNoté 1 sur 5We've used Public Fox for years and were always pleased with how it could lock down Firefox without interfering with the functionality of the browser. With the latest version, however came the option to add AdBeaver, every time Firefox is opened which if the unsuspecting user clicks on forces them to see pornographic advertisements. Do not install this product.
- par Andrey, il y a 6 ansNoté 4 sur 5Could you add a password to access the different profiles throught the command firefox.exe -p (Windows + R), please ? I really don't know why Mozilla didn't put an option for you to enable a password in your profiles =/.
The app will be better after that, with more options to keep your account safe xD.
If I select Menu and History, I still can access some pages of my last researches, you can also fix it, hidding this option or putting a password on Menu -> +Personalize.
Thanks you guys !
- par Amaponian, il y a 6 ansNoté 5 sur 5I noticed they solved the problem I stated below. Now Public Fox is safe again.
Today I installed the last version of Firefox and Public Fox works fine.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH !
Public Fox Add On works fine till version 10 of Firefox for Puppy Linux.
Today, again, I updated Firefox (version 35)
To my surprise, Public Fox automatically updated as well,
but the error remains:
when the Popup ask for password,
I CAN CLICK ANOTHER TAB ( which is not possible in version 10 )
then I go back to the Popup, press scape key, or press the cancel button, or close the Popup and got unprotected the add-ons window.
I understand that if...
1. Password wrong or
2. ESC key pressed or
3. Cancel button clicked or
4. Public Fox Popup closed...
then Public Fox converts the active Tab in a "New Tab" Tab.
If user can change the active Tab,
PUBLIC FOX CLOSES THE WRONG TAB.
then the Add-Ons Tab remains open and now unprotected.
Since in this version
you can change the active Tab
while the Public Fox Popup is open,
then it's still a breakable version of Public Fox.
So I rollback to version 10 of Firefox with plenty plenty problems, but protected.
PLEASE FIX THIS BUG. YOU CAN DO IT. I BELIEVE IN YOU.
Push! Push! Push! Elektra
Than you !
- par sefas, il y a 6 ansNoté 5 sur 5I can put the password history so that erased've been looking for a plug-perfect score of 5 out of 5
geçmiş silinmesin diye parola koyabileceğim bir eklenti arıyordum mükemmel puanım 5 üzerinden 5
- par Andy, il y a 7 ansNoté 4 sur 5This is a great piece of software, it would be really nice to remove the 'password' pop-up box though, perhaps incorporate that into the notification bar at the top of the page. I use it in a school IT lab and we block facebook. This is a problem because a lot of sites use content from facebook, so the pop-up appears on the web page, requiring (rather young) users to click on 'cancel' before being able to proceed with the unblocked part of the web page. Aside from that, this is great!
- par browsenlearn, il y a 7 ansNoté 5 sur 5I've been using this useful app for so long and im a very satisfied user, problem arises when i upgraded Firefox to the latest version (21.0) ... Public Fox is no longer functioning on Firefox latest version ... Hope update is on the way ... Thank You!
- par GSR, il y a 7 ansNoté 4 sur 5Hi. This is a very nice add-on, but when I provide extentions that needs to be blocked, it does not block download of those files. It allows every file to be downloaded. I want to allow download of pdfs, docx, xlsx, etc. files but block exe, mp3, avi, flv, etc. Kindly suggest.
- par porkyz, il y a 7 ansNoté 5 sur 5This is a marvelous add-ons for public computer!
But unfortunately I found a way to disabled the add-ons, by doing this step: Help -> Restart with Add-ons Disabled
You should add a password prompt before it execute.
Good job, Igor!! :)