- par verm71, il y a 2 moisNoté 4 sur 5Powerful feature set. Preserves hyperlinks, and their web-based editing tool allows you to exclude components and sections from the resulting PDF file. Would have given 5 stars if it did this inside the browser instead of reaching out to a 3rd party web site to process the PDF file. This has privacy implications.
- par D-FR, il y a 5 moisNoté 4 sur 5Corresponds fully to what I needed/wished. Very nice and clear layout of the PDF. The pictures and links that I wished to have are all included, without the publicity and other non-desired content. Very easy to use.
One major regret: If you try to search for the file by using search function of your PC, the search does not find the words contained in the document, only those in the name. So if you don't name the PDF precisely enough when saving it, you will not find it later-on via the search function.
- par Saladin KADA, il y a un anNoté 4 sur 5A very useful and "friendly" tool. Previously I was using CleanPrint, but unfortunately it does not exist any more.
But I must say, having other tools, that PrintFriendly is the best one so far.
However, I have a feature request, which is having the possibility to add parts of the printed page that have been removed by PrintFriendly. Sometime, PrintFriendly removes from the page parts that may useful.
This said, you did a very good job, thank you. Please continue.
- par ThomaS, il y a un anNoté 4 sur 5It's a great tool in Chrome, but unfortunately only good on Firefox (doesn't include images like in Chrome). What i especially like is that it automatically removes all the clutter and just takes the articles i want.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15401305 de Firefox, il y a un anNoté 4 sur 5The best add-on for the functionality offered.
There are some issues for me though:
- blurred images here and there (example: https://medium.com/@atippy83/guitarix-the-pi-dle-board-8d6298ca8e42)
- cannot "print to PDF" GitHub pages (gives me blank page)
Thanks for the great work.
Thanks for the reply.
I am using Firefox extension "Print Friendly & PDF" (v2.1.0 at the moment).
The one referenced in your reply, from printfriendly.com, is v1.3 (according to the filename).
Are these the same extension/add-on, and if so, why would the "older" version be better/work
for the pages in question?
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a un anThanks for the URLs to review.
The FireFox store will not allow us to have a ClientSide extension. However, if you get the FireFox extension available from PrintFriendly.com/extensions/firefox it will work on the following pages.
We will fix for all Extensions: https://medium.com/@atippy83/guitarix-the-pi-dle-board-8d6298ca8e42
Github requires clientside extension. PrintFriendly.com/extensions/firefox
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14617597 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 4 sur 5A round-about way to save the page as PDF, but works for my purpose. Useful for pages where printing as PDF with a pdf printer does not capture whole page . Would be 5-star if it did not have to send the page to 3rd party website.
- par jonestheastronomer, il y a 2 ansNoté 4 sur 5I often use websites with graphs and equations - these are generally but not always well rendered by this add-on and the ability to make images smaller on the printout is excellent. In that sense this is the "best of kind". My only gripe is that if I use the email facility to send my processed document, the resized images turn up full size! That's surely a bug (unless I have made a mistake). So only 4 stars until this is fixed.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13011276 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 4 sur 5very useful. i just wish they keep the text formatting of the original document. it is much better looking and legible when it is seen in color and original style.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14962444 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 4 sur 5Great button to have in browser. Its best function are the options to re-size text and images.
Occasionaly, parts of a website's text are missing in the generated PDF, but this add-on generally creates well laid out documents, even lower in size that other print options.
Support for an issue was prompt and personalised. Good work!
- par sky_blue, il y a 2 ansNoté 4 sur 5I'm pretty happy with this addon. I have had some issues with text not being properly sized and with elements not deleting properly when I click on them. I'd like to ask that the developer also please consider adding an option for serif fonts (they're much easier for me to read than sans-serif). Thank you!
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 12083628 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 4 sur 5Very useful extension. Especially the possibility to remove unnecessary elements is great.
Would it be possible in the future that you can change the page format in the preview (up / down)?
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14182082 de Firefox, il y a 3 ansNoté 4 sur 5Thank you! This tool is very useful and I use it a lot.
I only ran into two recurring problems:
1. The preview includes, at the end of the article, junk links to other pages or sites. The editing tool sometimes requires up to 100 clicks to clean them up. I suspect it is because of the way these sites were written but it would be so cool if it could detect and eliminate these junk links by default; (E.g. http://www.bursa.ro/sua-si-ue-proiect-zero-taxe-pentru-bunurile-industriale-non-auto-350658&s=international&articol=350658.html)
2. The tool cannot automatically detect the name of some pages, only the domain (so, when saved, the file names will look something like "domain.com-.pdf", "domain.com-(1).pdf", etc.) (E.g. all articles from http://www.caleaeuropeana.ro/)
Thank you for this awesome tool and for the ongoing support!
- par skaizun, il y a 3 ansNoté 4 sur 5I was surprised at how quickly this installed and ran, and the results were close to what I wanted (i.e., no images, ads, etc; mostly text). I could hover my mouse over the printable areas, and the add-on automatically highlighted the block that could be deleted, with a clickable "trash can" icon to remove it. However, when I clicked the text size icon, and selected a smaller size, it only resized about 25% of the text. Multiple attempts to select the others and resize them failed. When I printed what seemed to be a single page, it printed two pages; my printer defaults to duplex printing, but, it didn't do that, which implies that the add-on prints one page at a time, which wastes paper, if you don't want one-sided sheets, which seems counterintuitive to its, otherwise, "green" functionality. When I finished printing the two pages, I hit the 'X' in the upper-right of the add-on page (i.e., NOT the browser or tab), and it closed the tab, rather than return me to the original page, which, fortunately, was still in cache (i.e., I didn't have to re-enter all the form information and re-submit it to get what I needed). When I re-opened that page, the printer indicated that two more pages needed to be printed! Keep in mind that I was not on the add-on page result, so this was very odd (maybe it needs to "flush" itself?). I did not print the "rest," so I have no idea what it thought it was going to print! Some tweaking is definitely needed, but, I was satisfied with the overall result.