- Noté 3 sur 5par TSUGOI, il y a 5 moisI was using Print Edit 18.4 in Waterfox and was delighted with its performance. Now I have switched to Firefox and have to use Print Edit WE, and there is something I find missing, the Preview options box has disappeared and when I click on the option it goes directly to the printer. I would like to be able to use the options that were available before like "shrink to fit or choose the percentage". Is there any possibility of reincorporating it? Thanks
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 5 moisClicking the Preview button on the Print Edit WE toolbar should display the 'Print' panel with a preview of the printed page and lots of options including an option to set the 'Scale' to a percentage or to fit the page width. You may need to click the 'More Settings' dropdown to see all of the options.
It is possible to revert to the older style 'Print Preview' window by setting the 'print.tab_modal.enabled' preference to 'false' in the 'about:config' advanced preferences page.
- Noté 3 sur 5par Raising Arizona, il y a un anHave used this for some time now. I got the app to print packing slips from PayPal transactions without the pricing info. It has worked very nicely until today. Now when I print a packing slip, the print preview indicates that I am printing to the printer ... fit to page. But in fact, it is scaling the output to 100% and cutting off the print on the right edge. Same if I try to save to PDF.
This app works fine when it works ... don't know what the deal is here. Was there an update to Firefox that is causing this anomaly?
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a un anThere have been a lot of changes to the Firefox 'Print' panel in recent versions of Firefox. This problem is almost certainly the result of those changes. When you save to PDF, are you using the Firefox 'Print' panel with destination set to 'Save to PDF'? If so, as an alternative, try clicking on the 'Save' button on the Print Edit WE toolbar and selecting 'Save As PDF', which gives more control over the page layout using the settings in the Print Edit WE Options dialog.
- Noté 3 sur 5par Emb6648223652217345679, il y a un anI have long-loved this Add-on but recently get a pop-up once actived, that says Internet connection is lost. It isn't. Only occurs when PDFing anything on FBook, on Firefox - and only when using this Add-on. It seems to disappear after if I scroll to bottom of page, but I invariably forget and it ends up on every PDF'd page so I have to repeat the task . I have no idea what is causing it to pop up, have looked in configs but nothing in there. Can only assume its something in the Add-on that's causing it to false positive.
- Noté 3 sur 5par Namrenner, il y a un anIn Aliexpress for Details for Order is view more working, not save in HTML or pdf is missing picture from view more.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a un anThe 'View More' feature allows the user to see hidden elements that are not shown in the normal view, but that may be shown in the preview window. The user can then delete these hidden elements in the 'View More' view before printing or saving.
- Noté 3 sur 5par Lib, il y a 2 ansThis is a great add-on and helpful for when I print articles or pages for use in class to limit the wasted paper. The latest version, though, has problems with the rendering of the format menu when changing text and layout. I hope that gets fixed in the next version. I am not sure if this is because I am on firefox beta. This add-on also functions better in chrome, generally, but I think these are due to limitations of firefox's print preview.
I am still having trouble with the format menu. The boxes are not aligned with the settings so it is difficult to adjust formatting.
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13939982 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansJ'ai un soucis avec certain site par exemple, https://www.malekal.com/osfmount-monter-et-convertir-des-iso-img-bin-dd-nrg-afd-vhd/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=osfmount-monter-et-convertir-des-iso-img-bin-dd-nrg-afd-vhd où il manque pratiquement la majorité des images dans le PDF généré. Cela me fait pareil avec Print Firendly and PDF. Est-ce que c'est normal? Quelqu'un rencontre les mêmes problèmes que moi avec ce site?
- Noté 3 sur 5par jake, il y a 3 ansThis extension would be quite nice, IFF the page content wouldn't near-always print over the page header and footers.
Now the extensions seems to offer 2 methods to combat above behaviour, both of which fail to work for me:
Simplify seems to honor these settings, but deletes a bit too much for many pages.
Using the Options page in the tools submenu seems to offer the option to set content margins, but is ignored. Even unsetting headers/footers does still print headers and footers, even if firefox is restarted between save and print attempt.
Example page for rendering: e.g.
Note that the pre-quantum print-edit was an excellent add-on for most of the (saner) web pages.
- Noté 3 sur 5par miguelk, il y a 3 ansThanks for this. Very sophisticated, however, I'm looking to print the images of videos on a web psge as pdf or directly to my printer. It seems that FF does not support this (Edge and Chrome do). When I print preview a web page with a video playing all I get is a blank or black box where the video should be. I was hoping your addon would allow this, but I think this a an underlying flaw in FF by design. Please advise. Thx again.
(I have reset my pc, installing FF from scratch)
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 3 ansThere are some pages where the embedded videos are not displayed in Firefox's print preview. The same thing happens in Chrome, but perhaps with different pages or not as frequently. Please can you provide a few links to pages where this happens to allow investigation of the specific problems you are experiencing.
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14614025 de Firefox, il y a 4 ansI loved Print Edit before the big upgrade a few years ago. The new features may be a big hit with some users but I just like it better when it's working. I'm using it on a Windows laptop (the most recent version.) Now it will only print the first page of your edited document. This is a big problem. Can you re-release the old version under a different name or something?
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 3 ansThis issue is not caused by a bug in Print Edit WE and does not happen if you use Print Edit WE in Chrome. Unfortunately, there are known bugs in Firefox's print preview and print functionality that result in only the first (or first few) pages being previewed and printed. These bugs have existed for many years. However, there is a workaround in Print Edit WE - click on the 'Tools' button and select 'Fix Page Breaks'. This will fix the issue for most (but not all) pages.
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13457300 de Firefox, il y a 4 ansDoes what it's supposed to 90% of the time. saving as .pdf. BUT trying to save as .html web page brings a "cannot save as web page unless version 12 or later is installed." Installed version is 23.2. WHAT?
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 4 ansThe message actually says: "To use the 'Save As HTML' feature, 'Save Page WE' (version 12.0 or later) must be installed and enabled.
This means that you must install the 'Save Page WE' add-on (version 12 or later) in order to use the 'Save As HTML' feature in Print Edit WE.
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13943832 de Firefox, il y a 4 ansThe new version of this add on is much too complicated. There is no way to quickly toggle back and forth between print preview and edit mode.
And sadly, it may be the way that web design is going that keeps the extension as complicated as it is. It should be much easier to keep the unique printable content -- in other words the "article" on a news page or blog, and ditch the rest.
- Noté 3 sur 5par onix, il y a 5 ansVery disappointed by new requirements to access ALL data on websites. Doesn't anyone else see this as a huge security breach?
UPDATE based on DW-dev's comments: I was not aware that the legacy Print Edit has such broad access. This is alarming. So in the vein of correcting these ills, the default Firefox permissions do not give me comfort. For example, does PE WE have access to my financial institution's open website in a separate tab, when I'm interested in printing a New York Time's article in my current tab? While I have no reason to question your word, it's hard to know and feel comfortable with what is going on beneath the surface. PE WE could be scraping all my website data, and I would never know.Legacy add-ons, such as the original Print Edit, had greater permissions than Print Edit WE.
The permission messages that you see when you install an add-on are generated by Firefox. These permission messages are based on the permissions specified in the add-on manifest file. These permission messages are broad-brush and do not give a detailed insight into the operations performed by an add-on.
- Print Edit WE only asks for the permissions it needs to perform its functions.
- Print Edit WE saves the configured options in your Firefox profile on your computer.
- Print Edit WE (when you use Save As HMTL or Save As PDF) saves the page you have edited in the location you choose on your computer.
- Print Edit WE does not send any data to the developer or to third parties.
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13343420 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansits just ok. it does not edit as good as print edit add on / extension.
unfortunattely print edit add on no logner supporting on mozilla firefox.
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13549423 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansGanz ehrlich: Print Edit war einfach besser! Unkompliziert und machte das was ich wollte!
Die neue Version für FF 57 macht mich nicht (hoffentlich noch nicht!) glücklich. Zu umständlich, die zu bearbeitende Seite geht in einem neuen Tab auf, wenn ich diesen Tab nach erfolgreicher Druck-Aktion wieder schliessen will, muss ich das in einem Alert-Fenster zuerst bestätigen...
Gewisse Seiten lassen sich erst gar nicht mehr bearbeiten...
Ist zwar immer noch besser als nichts, aber ich wäre wirklich sehr dankbar, wenn die einfache Funktionalität der alten Version wieder zu haben wäre!
Danke für die Arbeit, ich schätze das kostenlose Tool ja grundsätzlich sehr!
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 12312529 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansPrint Edit was far much better. This one is not bad, but it is not better. I'm generous: I give three stars... But...
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13528986 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansI loved the old Print Edit and used it numerous times daily selecting Web Style to print online receipts. With the new WE version, when selecting Web Style for the edit, all information a receipt should contain is blank. I now have to use the snipping tool to print what I need and it takes so much longer I must rush so the page does not time out.
Another "new and improved" that is just new and the opposite of improved.