- par Hans Hansen, il y a 6 joursNoté 5 sur 5Works perfectly on Manjaro Linux! The AMO page should mention that the extension requires additional setup after installation. It took me a while to figure out that I need to go to the Options page after installing the extension.
- par decembre, il y a 14 joursNoté 5 sur 5A little touchy to install it for a newbie like me...
But once you follow the instructions given, it work like a charm!
Thanks a lot from a Waterfox Classic user.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 12900474 de Firefox, il y a 22 joursNoté 4 sur 5In C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Programs\Python3xx > paste the file open_with_windows.py > open prompt command here > paste this in cmd open_with_windows.py install > the install.bat file will appear
- par rado84, il y a 22 joursNoté 5 sur 5AWESOME! I wanted such an extension for a long time! The best part? It supports Linux, unlike some other similar extensions! :D
This extension has a HUGE potential! I just added SMPlayer to watch YT vids in it and damn - it works! :D :D
- par maxy, il y a un moisNoté 5 sur 5Useful to run commands like mpv or yt-dlp. I've quickly reviewed parts of the source code, looks fine.
For the above commands, best practice is to add "--" as the last argument. (Maybe not a real concern, because the URL is passed as a single argument and probably cannot start with "-", but just in case.)
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 16748986 de Firefox, il y a un anNoté 5 sur 5I kept checking back to the reviews in hopes of more info on the installation of "open with", and there it was. I put open_with_windows.py in my Windows\system32......opened a command prompt, which opened in the Windows\system32 folder, and ran the open_with_windows.py install, and that was it for me. I ran test installation in my Browser and Thunderbird, and it showed, "Found version 7.2.3 at C:\Windows\System32\open_with_windows.py." I then edited the order of my four Browsers, with Firefox on top.
Thanks to all the reviews with the help, and thanks to the the Author of this addon!!
- par Cosmic_Annihilation, il y a un anNoté 5 sur 5Amazing addon! I'm only missing the ability to select multiple tabs and open them on the chosen browser, instead of doing it manually for each tab! There's an open issue on the github repo asking for this already, just in case other users would like to show their interest on this feature.