- par Traegger, il y a 2 ansNoté 1 sur 5I recommend against wasting time on this non-functional add-on.
When I click on the icon in the address bar, the VLC window pops up and momentarily shows the video on the web page in the play list. Then it disappears from the playlist and nothing plays. A waste of time. I am now using "Open in IINA" which works correctly but loads IINA instead of VLC. IINA is a better video player than VLC anyway.
- par WillStewart, il y a 2 ansNoté 1 sur 5Loaded the extension then attempted to follow the youtube Linux instructions for loading the Firefox extension, which were in a different language, in CHROME(!), and flowed so fast that I had to stop and back up several times. Could not replicate the steps, nor could find the resulting toolbar icon. I've been running Ubuntu for 14 years now, and am a programmer myself. Yet this was hands down the most awkward, convoluted installs I've ever seen. Not worth any more time or frustration.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15241245 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 3 sur 5It sends the files to VLC, but do not emulate some required protocols, for example if the website sends video by parts, the extension will be able to only play the downloaded parts 1 by 1 . unlike a VLC for Android app by Videolabs .
- par Arthur Protagonist, il y a 2 ansNoté 5 sur 5Great add-on to stream media from websites in VLC with much more control.
The one thing missing would be a menu button to start it on websites with disabled right mouse click, like Spotify.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15039058 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 5 sur 5This works with Plex!!! so awesome. I would add this to the description so other plex users can find easier. Thanks so much Andy!