Noté 3,7 sur 5
3,7 étoiles sur 5
- par Paranoimia, il y a 11 ansNoté 4 sur 5I agree with jswagner's comments about the screen jumping around as the bar is re-drawn; hopefully that is something which will be fixed soon, as it becomes annoying.
Other than that, it's great! CHEEZEY MARK, you must be doing something wrong, because it works perfectly well with UK prices.Thanks for the feedback. We've noticed that some products cause the price notification to 'flicker' if the product is available from many different retailers.
We're currently working on a fix for the issue, and we'll be deploying it in version 1.6 very soon.
- par jswagner, il y a 11 ansNoté 4 sur 5When the addon finds hits for multiple vendors, it redraws the popup bar several times in a row (which scrolls the browser window). I was looking at an external hard drive and couldn't interact with the page because IH was jumping the page around so much! I had to wait until it was finished just to find out that I was already looking at the best price.
A better approach to this would might be to simply light up the status bar icon and let users click it to display results (similar to how TwitterFox reports new tweets by lighting up and displaying a super tiny notification), rather than interfere with the user's browsing experience.
Otherwise, fantastic addon!
- par Chuck , il y a 11 ansNoté 3 sur 5Looks like they use Amazon AWS for hosting. Nothing wrong with that, and no conflict there. Probably a better deal than dedicated hosting.
Please do your research before shouting foul play after a simple whois search.
- par imgonephishin, il y a 11 ansNoté 4 sur 5@fernginger
Before you go all "vigilante justice" on this add-on, get your facts straight. This is NOT an Amazon product. Your amateur sleuthing revealed an IP address of 188.8.131.52, but that's for Amazon Web Services. Yes, the same arm of Amazon that provides hosting services for sites.
Obviously, the company behind this add-on is hosting their page using this technology, but that's hardly a conflict of interests.
And no, this is not an Amazon product. Double check your facts before your next smear campaign.
Me? I like the add-on quite a bit and find it very useful, but really wish it could show shipping info (like enter your zip and preferred shipment method into the add-on preferences). Other than that, I haven't noticed any issues with the results.
- par hometoast, il y a 11 ansNoté 2 sur 5I like the idea. However since it can't take rebates and shipping and handling in to account (and not by the fault of the addon -- it really is too complex) the information is too incomplete to be useful to me.
My main gripe is that the info bar pops up and disappears with each new price it finds... "best price out of 2...4...5..6". And at least on this machine (I've yet to try it at home) I can easily notice the lag when it's doing its work.
(FF 3.5.2. + Vista Enterprise 32 bit)
- par Kel_eh, il y a 11 ansNoté 3 sur 5+++ Very discreet. Handy links to other retailers with the item I searched for.
- - - I looked for a selection of things I've bought lately, and it only had information on about half of them.
All in all, I'm going to keep it, as it doesn't bug when it has nothing to say and it can be helpful when it has information on a product.
- par GoogleJelly, il y a 11 ansNoté 5 sur 5This addon is excellent and to be honest, one of the best addons that I have used in a long time. This addon is discrete, you don't know it's there and even when it finds results, it isn't in your face. There are a lot of retailers that are available so finding prices is never a fight. I would recommend this to anyone that buys items online.
- par BarkingTuna, il y a 11 ansNoté 5 sur 5I had to return to amend my earlier comments. I eventually ran into similar troubles with other extensions, particularly using the 3.5 RCs. It is now clear that Personal Menu is the addon that isn't playing nice, and not InvisibleHand. Being the first time I saw the problem, I did not consider that it could have been a longtime extension already installed. Mea culpa.
Anyway, I reinstalled InvisibleHand, and it's working just fine now.
And thank you to the developer for responding to my earlier comment. Looking forward to continued development.
- par Ein , il y a 11 ansNoté 5 sur 5Probably the best price comparison I’ve seen. I like the way it’s only visible when it’s found a bargain on the product you’re browsing. You don’t even know it’s there until it finds a better price. The price comparisons are very good: no bad links or out-of-date prices. It seems to compare all the ‘big’ retailers like Amazon, Newegg and BestBuy, although it wouldn’t hurt for it to do more of the smaller ones too. Pros: Accurate. Fast. No pop-ups Cons: Some of the smaller stores aren’t supported.