- Noté 5 sur 5purchases will it work
- Noté 5 sur 5muy bueno
- Noté 4 sur 5I resell PC products and aggressively seek the lowest price so I can offer competitive pricing to my clients. I read about this in a ZDNet newsletter this morning and after reading a few reviews here, plugged it in about an hour ago, so these are initial impressions.
Comparison pricing is accurate and includes all of my main go-to sites. Amazon vendors appear to be included in their lowest price. Toolbar is nicely done with no "figgering" needed.
Noticeable site lag while IH compiles initial comparison pricing, but acceptable. Not sure of long-term add-on impact to FF. Does not include shipping and this is perhaps my largest concern so far. Competitive SH will drive one out-of-pocket higher than another with a lower list. The Retailers button drop-down does show shipping, but perhaps a pricing consideration to weigh for future builds.
It appears it will save my browsing time quite a bit. So far so good. I like it.
- Noté 5 sur 5Best Shopping addon I have ever used. Saved me 100's of dollars
- Noté 1 sur 5It used to work fairly well for me, but recently it has stopped and doesn't find anything at all. On many sites such as google search, it very rarely even show the toolbar. When it does show the toolbar saying it is searching for cheaper prices, it never finds any.
I think that this has only occurred since I updated to the latest version 3.1.5.
I installed the latest version in both Cyberfox 52.9.1, Waterfox 56.2.12 and Firefox 65.01 to try it out and it still does not find any relevant results. The best it came up with for product searches were USA $ results and that was after setting the preference to United Kingdom. After 8 years since my first review, it still does not work!! Utterly useless IMO.
- Noté 5 sur 5Simply great plugin! very useful.
- Noté 3 sur 5Five stars for functionality, 1 star for tracking and non-disclosure.
Author deserves to generate income from this extension, but full disclosure is needed:
Amazon and Buy.com links are direct and only include an affiliate code.
- Noté 1 sur 5I've tried all these buying add-ons, and so far the best (or least worst) I've found is Similar Sites, which is not specifically for buying but has that feature as an add-on.
- Noté 4 sur 5The latest update is halted by noscript and the page has to be approved temporarily before it will shift from checking prices
The previous version was not affected this way
- Noté 2 sur 5Most recent update (before 4/6/2011) has made Invisible Hand display advertisements where they are not welcome... finding obscure product matches for random google searches? Not cool. Popping over my iGoogle page because I follow store RSS feeds? Not convenient. Disabling until an option is provided to exclude pages or an "on demand" toggle. Otherwise, great product (when I'm shopping!)I'm pleased to say that there are no ads in InvisibleHand. For over a year, InvisibleHand has had the option to show product notifications at the top of Google search. They're not ads, and most users find these useful. However, they are optional and can be disabled via InvisibleHand preferences in the add-ons manager.
- Noté 5 sur 5Good!!
- Noté 5 sur 5I forgot to add in my previous review that when this app states "free shipping" and it refers the buyer to Amazon that generally Amazon "free shipping" is for purchases of $25 or more.
- Noté 5 sur 5Well, this is quite useful!
One feature I would like to see is the option to manually include new sites :)
- Noté 4 sur 5I'd like if it were possible to put in my zip code and have it automatically retrieve and factor in s&h costs. As it is, there's a lot of bouncing around for me, finding out whether or not the addon is telling the truth about it being cheaper somewhere else. That said, good idea and good implementation! I would recommend it.
- Noté 3 sur 5Having upgraded to firefox 4 invisible hand is installed but is not working and not showing on the add-on bar.I'm pleased to say that InvisibleHand works fine in Firefox 4. Please try restarting your browser and then try this Amazon URL as an example. http://www.amazon.com/Moonwalking-Einstein-Science-Remembering-Everything/dp/159420229X/
We've chosen to not show the icon in the add-on bar because the icon had become superfluous. It did not add any functionality, and used up screen real-estate.
Happy to answer any additional questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Noté 1 sur 5This add on caused multiple problems for me after it was added and only found out by researching on the web what was causing my Firefox browser to crash just about every time I did a search with Google. In addition to that the search results and/or some type of pop up features was all like advertising rather that what the program said it would do. But the crash problems sent the program add on over the edge for me. Once I disabled and removed this add-on the crash problems were immediately resolved and went away. It was/is extremely resource intensive, especially when you are like me with multiple tabs open and often multiple searches on the internet in process.
- Noté 3 sur 5IH caused a major problem in version 2.8 for those who also use the popular TabMix Plus add-on.
This problem was acknowledged and repaired in version 2.9. But the update to version 2.9.1 brought back the problems from v 2.8.
Again, the first opened tab will no longer close and the page load on the first tab never seems to complete.
I sent an email to IH 3 days ago but have yet to receive a reply in return.
- Noté 5 sur 5This add on not only finds low price options but also conveniently displays buyer ratings.
- Noté 3 sur 5The only thing that has bothered me about this addon since the early beta stages of FF4 (and still appears this way in Beta9) is that the InvisibleHand icon down in the corner appears on its own separate bar taking up valuable screen space. Please make it so that the icon appears inline with the rest of the add-on icons.
The problem can be seen here
- Noté 4 sur 5Brilliant addon, but still needs some work.
Ideally it should distinguish between € EUR prices and £ POUND. I often shop on play in Euro and it shows me that certain item is cheaper on amazon.co.uk (in Pounds)...
Maybe it could also use a conversion rate to check the difference in price?
A am looking forward to the next version.
- Noté 5 sur 5Great add on! Works as it should in Firefox 4 Beta 8 :)
- Noté 5 sur 5One of my favorite addons for Firefox. And it just gets better and better.
- Noté 5 sur 5That's a good one to get better prices! I hope this gets the five stars it deserves and continues getting better.
- Noté 4 sur 5very cool stuff.
- Noté 5 sur 5Fantastic Add-In, saves me a ton of time, when I am shopping for my tech and electronics stuff.
You will see a little alert if it finds other pricing and it is you choice whether to click on it and have a little Windows tell you the locations and pricing. Then just click and it will take you to the other vendor.
Jennifer, HOW the heck can it possibly include shipping costs and not take forever to come up and be brutal to look at ? Most places you have a choice on shipping and it varies depending on location. It can't be psychic.