Noté 3,8 sur 5
3,8 étoiles sur 5
- par taff1, il y a 9 ansNoté 1 sur 5I have tried this addon now for a few weeks and although it has worked much of the time, often i find it offers a cheaper alternative on zavvi.com. Then when I click the link, zavvi does not have the item or indeed never has. It does however take me to other zavvi advertising. Just wondering what zavvi are handing over to invisible hand for this. Seems fishy to me...Hi,
Thanks for your feedback, we can't seem to replicate this. It would be really helpful if you could email us an example url of when you've seen Zavvi in an InvisibleHand notification, and the link then takes you to an empty Zavvi page.
Would you be able to email this to: email@example.com so we can fix this for you?
- par Partok81, il y a 9 ansNoté 5 sur 5I've used this (now v3.6.8 on Ffox 11) for years on several versions of Ffox and it's been reliable and quite convenient. One of my essential shopping addons. Why not the only one? Doesn't cover some of the stores that others do; and vice-versa. Thanks for your hard work. - Rob
- par Mama O, il y a 9 ansNoté 5 sur 5This is one of the most useful apps I have used. I'm a power shopper, and this app takes care of checking prices for me. Works with most major online retailers. Does exactly as described.
- par Chicken, il y a 9 ansNoté 5 sur 5Really really useful. It finds a better price on many products and recently helped with a hotel room too. The main area for improvement would be to appear on all retailers, but it does seem to cover most of the popular ones. Definitely a keeper.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 6058963 de Firefox, il y a 9 ansNoté 1 sur 5I have this add on for more than one year, I suppose, but forgot completely about it because it never ever shows any comparison price. Maybe I visit the wrong places ;)Hi,
Thanks for the review, as you can see from our extension gallery we update InvisibleHand regularly - have you tried uninstalling and then installing the latest version of InvisibleHand? Or perhaps you've downloaded another extension which conflicts with InvisibleHand over the past year?
We will be able to help further if you drop us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- par Soul Fox, il y a 9 ansNoté 4 sur 5Excellent add-on though does not always show price comparison - seems a little temperamental.
Note to developer:-
Install rdf presently showing <em:maxVersion>8.*</em:maxVersion>
Should be 9.01 (or 99 as I have amended mine ;) )
- par pacman, il y a 9 ansNoté 1 sur 5I did review this before, but can't find it anywhere. This simply does not work...then it does...then it doesn't. At first I thought it was because of adblock plus or better privacy, but even with them disabled this does not work. Well it works sometimes, then other times it doesn't.
No I will not email you for further help, as the fact is that an add-on should work upon download and not need any messing about with.Hi,
Thanks for your review. InvisibleHand covers over 600 retailers and 1000s of products, but we're still expanding.
Perhaps when you don't see a notification it is because we haven't added that retailer yet? We love hearing suggestions from users for retailers they regularly use and would like to see in InvisibleHand, it maybe a case of we haven't come across them yet - or unfortunately they don't have the right criteria to be picked up by InvisibleHand's price searches.
Another reason you might not see a notification is if the retailer hasn't added the common product code to this product, if the product doesn't have this code then it won't be picked up by InvisibleHand in the price search. These product codes are vital as products can't be compared only by name, the names vary between retailers whereas the product codes never do.
I hope that helps and you can continue to save money using InvisibleHand, don't forget to just ask if there's a retailer you want to see added.
- par Adler , il y a 9 ansNoté 1 sur 5tried with the example given in the InvisibleHand page and the plugin suggestion is different from what the page says... bummer. time waster!
- par HCB301, il y a 9 ansNoté 3 sur 5I can't start Invisible Hand, how i can bring it to work?Hi,
Thanks for the review, have you checked in your Tools > Add-ons to see if InvisibleHand is there and if it's enabled?
If it's not there then it hasn't downloaded, for more help email email@example.com :)
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 6015486 de Firefox, il y a 9 ansNoté 4 sur 5A very useful add-on that helps to save a lot of money. It´s not as annoying as other add-ons, that occupy too much space on your screen. On the downside, more retailers need to be integrated into this add-on.Hi Scott,
Thanks for your review, we would be happy to hear any suggestions for retailers you would like to see on InvisibleHand. Just email them over to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will hopefully be able to add them for you!
- par worwac, il y a 9 ansNoté 5 sur 5The developer replied promptly concerning the problem with IH and FF 8.01. Based upon their instructions the add on now works correctly. don't know why it caused a problem in the first place but, it now works as it should and I appreciate their quick response!
- par King Moose, il y a 9 ansNoté 1 sur 5One big con, because they only put in sites they get paid for (no Ebuyer for instance), hence when I was looking at a "samsung syncmaster b2230h" it told me the best price was £142 on oyyy.co.uk, when I checked elsewhere there were around eight better places including Tesco for £95.
A complete waste of time.Thanks for your review, InvisibleHand actually works with over 600 retailers and we're constantly working to add more.
In most cases, when a retailer appears to be missing, it's actually because that retailer is unable to provide product data, not because of commercial considerations.
If you have any other questions please let us know either here or email them to email@example.com
- par Z300M, il y a 9 ansNoté 3 sur 5Earlier versions of Invisible Hand used to be quite useful, but more recent versions often grab small parts of an item description and show a totally different kind of item that just happens to contain the same sequence of characters. E.g., today I was checking the price of a P101 battery for a Ryobi power tool on the Home Depot Web site, and Invisible Hand showed me a T-shirt on Amazon that just happened to have a catalog# of P101. Ridiculous!Hi,
Thanks for your comment, we'd love to help if you would like to email us an example URL of when this has happened?
We use price feeds from retailers and use their product codes to compare the prices, not the product names, so this shouldn't happen! Thanks for letting us know, we really appreciate hearing any user issues so we can fix them for the future!
Please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with an example URL.
- par JMB, il y a 9 ansNoté 4 sur 5I resell PC products and aggressively seek the lowest price so I can offer competitive pricing to my clients. I read about this in a ZDNet newsletter this morning and after reading a few reviews here, plugged it in about an hour ago, so these are initial impressions.
Comparison pricing is accurate and includes all of my main go-to sites. Amazon vendors appear to be included in their lowest price. Toolbar is nicely done with no "figgering" needed.
Noticeable site lag while IH compiles initial comparison pricing, but acceptable. Not sure of long-term add-on impact to FF. Does not include shipping and this is perhaps my largest concern so far. Competitive SH will drive one out-of-pocket higher than another with a lower list. The Retailers button drop-down does show shipping, but perhaps a pricing consideration to weigh for future builds.
It appears it will save my browsing time quite a bit. So far so good. I like it.