- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13602614 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansI was forced to upgrade to GreaseMonkey 4.x with Firefox 56.0. My scripts stopped working. I wrote them, so I looked into fixing. I looked at the GreaseMonkey web site. I saw the general notice about the changes but could not find specifics. Didn't trust what I saw when I saw notes like "this script" hasn't been updated in years.
Fix up documentation. Provided example scripts with before and after changes.
Give warning if it doesn't work in Firefox 56. I tried Firefox 57, but that caused other problems for me.
Was able to turn off auto updated of GreasMonkey before downloading 3.17 version of GreaseMonkey. add ons > GreaseMonkey entry > more > click on off selector. See below for the link by Anonymous user e7bdbb to the download.
PS. There is snow on the ground as I write this :-(
PSS. FYI. Tampermonkey gave me a compile error on "for (var elmForm, i=0; elmForm=document.forms[i]; ++i)".
- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13602427 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansВ один прекрасный день все сломалось. Непонятно, какие скрипты активны на какой странице, нет кнопки manage scripts, ни один скрипт не работает. Верните все, как было!!!
It was a dark and snowy night. The day couldn't get any worse, right? Where is my Manage scripts... button? Nothing works anymore! I can't get no heads, nor tails about which of my scripts are supposed to run on any particular site. All of them are displayed as active. The scripts that used to work just fine, they all stopped working. All of these damn ads are popping up EVERYWHERE! I'm close to a nervous breakdown, can't visit any of my favourite sites anymore without my eyes bleeding out. Damn it all and merry Christmas to ye all.
- Noté 1 sur 5par TwoCables, il y a 5 ansThe new version is absolute garbage. It updated on me just now and I lost all of my scripts. The exact same thing happened to Stylish!
So, I turned off automatic updates for Greasemonkey and installed version 3.17 and now everything is fine. I did a very similar thing for Stylish and that worked as well.
I will be avoiding all new versions of Greasemonkey.
- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13592073 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansthanks for the new awesome force-uninstall-gm feature. its great!!
I appreciated GM for a long time. Thank you for all the free work. I've to leave because GM does not fit to my needs anymore.
- Noté 1 sur 5par GµårÐïåñ, il y a 5 ansIt somehow got force installed, I was holding off until it was working properly, and now every script is practically busted for reasons that are impossible to figure out because of lacking proper error reporting of cause. At this moment, it has become utterly useless. I have faith in the developer but this has been a truly bad update and now trying to figure out how to revert without losing everything.
- Noté 1 sur 5par neophil78, il y a 5 ansGreaseMonkey 4.1 doesn't work (and / or has a compatibility trouble with Ghostery V 5.4.10 - latest fine version) specially under Waterfox latest edition (Seven Pro 64 bits french). Seems to don't have the trouble under FF latest ESR and Cyberfox latest ESR version
- Noté 1 sur 5par Boris, il y a 5 ansThe webextensions rewrite is absolutely terrible. Important features, such as automatic scripts update, are missing. Many scripts are broken, such as "facebook unsponsored". Downgraded to older version for now.
- Noté 1 sur 5par JonnySpence, il y a 5 ansThis update (4.1) broke all of my scripts. I don't know what you did, but don't do that. Hopefully I can install the previous version to get it working again. I do NOT like the change in the UI, and I REALLY do NOT like that you've made all of my scripts not work. Don't fix what isn't broken.
- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13566987 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansIn het verleden werkte het goed, nu krijg ik zelfs geen user.js pagina script toegevoegd. Hij zou het uit zichzelf moeten melden met de vraag: install, maar dat werkt dus van geen kant meer.
Het was heel luek, een 5*, nu is het waardeloos geworden voor mijn GC little helper
- Noté 1 sur 5par !Joy!, il y a 5 ansIn the past, great, but now unworkable. When i'm set the derective @grand none, i still can not see objects in the DOM, i can only access them through unsafeWindows. This crashed all my scripts
- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 12524071 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansWait. How do I *write a new script* with this extension? What a thoughtless omission (besides so many others)! Once the most powerful extension of the web, the author's "I don't care if it breaks everything before" attitude has really done very very bad to it. Not usable anymore, going to TamperMonkey. It was good while it lasted, GreaseMonkey, may be we'll meet again some day.