- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 5902571 de Firefox, il y a 19 joursNoté 5 sur 5Been using this add-on for a while now and it's definitely a must-have. Makes web navigation super easy, with the power to do all sorts of things with a simple flick of the wrist.
I finally got around to writing this review because I realized I occasionally needed right mouse button navigation, and thought I could use a whitelist/ignore button... Only to find that there is one already! Props for having a good set of useful features.
- par jason, il y a 19 joursNoté 3 sur 5It's good, works well, only real complaint is it's a little 'strict' with how precise the gestures have to be. I've used many of these over the years. I use 'up-right-up' to copy a tab, and only with gesturefy do I have to redo that gesture several times before the extension accepts it. It has to be pretty close to 'right angled' turns. Moreso than other apps I've used.
And it's also missing one function that an older extension used to have. To be fair, I'm not sure any of the current ones have it. That's the ability to distinguish 'new tab' and 'open link in new tab' with the same gesture.
I used to have 'up' as create new tab. But when I would do 'up' over a link, it would open that link in the new tab. Cool feature that no one seems to do any more.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 19 joursWhich matching algorithm are you using? You can check that in the settings page under advanced settings. I suggest using the "combined" matching algorithm.
> And it's also missing one function that an older extension used to have. To be fair, I'm not sure any of the current ones have it. That's the ability to distinguish 'new tab' and 'open link in new tab' with the same gesture.
You can do this by just creating a gesture with the "open link in new tab" command and activating the setting "open empty tab".
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 16825582 de Firefox, il y a un moisNoté 1 sur 5The update made it very difficult to use.
I use it because I have no other choice, but I'd like to go back to the old four-way only version.If you are using the "Combined" or "Shape Independent" algorithm (see the advanced settings) then version 3 shouldn't have any drawbacks, despite the fact that you might have to re-setup some gestures.
Alternatively you can always go back to an older version: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/gesturefy/versions/
- par cmn, il y a un moisNoté 5 sur 5absolutely stunning extension, didnt expect much from it but after starting to use gestures in daily routine, its optimized my web browsing experience tenfold - love everything about it!
EDIT: made an inquiry about bookmark functionality in this review and got a helpful response within the next hour - big props to devThanks for your positive feedback!
Unfortunately add-ons cannot open the Firefox bookmark dropdown. So all the 'link to bookmark' command does is adding the link as a bookmark to the root bookmark folder.
- par Bash, il y a un moisNoté 5 sur 5Не все пользователи используют новую версию браузера...
Not all users use the new version of the browser...
Скриншот (Screenshot) ➜ https://i3.imageban.ru/out/2021/04/06/d9efb87632c660dbfb638825add67cfe.jpgWhy is downloading/using a previous version from here: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/gesturefy/versions/ not an option for you? The version restrictions are bound to new functionality that Firefox provides and Gesturefy uses. I don't impose them just for fun.
- par Chills Multiplying, il y a un moisNoté 5 sur 5By far, the best of the best Gesture Add-ons I've ever used. Tons of options. Highly customizable. My only complaint is not available on every browser.
I was kind of surprised it's been rated lower than 5 stars. I read through a handful of comments, and have to admit some of the 4 have suggestions I'd like to see too. Some of the two and three stars, offered some sage advice to follow backups with a screenshot.
As far as the 1 star ratings, apparently some users have had identification problems. I haven't noticed a problem with that. If it helps anyone, my deviation is set to 0.15. I have no idea if that was the default setting, or something I changed along the way, but If you're a little lazy about execution, like I am, I'd recommend giving it a try.
Extra sloppy executions still get misidentified, occasionally. To compensate, I separate polar opposite actions from semi-similar movements. My gestures with varying properties to open a link are kind of similar, but all of them are entirely different than my gestures that effect the a tab, or windows state.Thanks for your kind review! Things like this always cheer me up.
Most of the bad reviews are due to the history of Gesturefy.
Version 1.0 got a lot of hate, because new add-ons could not (and still cannot) compete with the old/previous add-ons users were using before Firefox disabled the old extension API.
Other bad reviews for Version 3.0 are related to a decision I made moving away from 4 directions (up, down, right, left) to completely free drawn gestures. At the beginning of the release there was only one matching algorithm (strict) which some existing users didn't like.
I'm glad that most people none the less value free and open source software and adjust their expectations accordingly.