- Noté 4 sur 5Seemingly does what should. Would love to have a "dark mode" option for the suspended tab screen though. As it it, it's a bit blinding every time I go to open a suspended tab.
- Noté 3 sur 5Has potential, but when I found it doesn't auto-reload tabs on re-opening them, I removed it, but it had unloaded those tabs already and lost the URL, so I had to manually search to find the sites I had open.Hello topbob!
Thanks for review and reporting issue!
There is still some problems and bugs on which I work.
Extension is still in experimental state!
- Noté 4 sur 5Seems to work perfectly fine. I'd like to suggest something that would be massively beneficial, and that "The great suspender" has as a feature: The ability to load the page as soon as you select it.
With a few more options/features, it'd be a 5 star add -on.
- Noté 5 sur 5Overall, better than the Google Chrome app (The Great Suspender) and better than many other options available for Firefox.
- Does what it is intended to do and nothing more (that I can tell)
- Not in the way, doesn't add a useless icon to the toolbar and doesn't have a pop up to add to the CF of syncing your account on a new machine (or fresh install)
- Easily modify the settings to adjust how long until tab timeout.
- Thoughtlessly saves CPU and memory resources in the world of JS hogging memory with its crappy variable definitions that enable hogs (like trackers) to not only spy on you, but use your computer's resources to do so.
- No carryover of settings to new browsers/fresh install (likely more of a Mozilla issue), meaning if you forget to adjust it, everything gets frozen
- Restored tabs do not return to point on page you left reading, so if you are doing something like referencing several pages and forget to pin something, you will loose your place (also likely a Mozilla issue)
- More options would be nice (or plug-ins to other extensions allowing suspension and tab grouping to be united in function)
- suspended tabs have a new (Mozilla defined) url, which throws off tab grouping
- Noté 4 sur 5Almost a perfect replacement for 'The Great Suspender' from Chrome, but the automatic suspension has been unreliable:
- Pinned Tabs are still getting suspended now and then even with 'Never Suspend' enabled
- Audio Playing Tabs are still getting suspended now and then even with 'Never Suspend' enabled
- I have '600' seconds set for my auto suspension timer, but sometimes tabs will be suspended almost immediately when I switch to another one
Very good otherwise!
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 5 moisHello!
Sorry for bugs that you have!
I'm still actively working on extension, in future versions bugs that you mentioned will be fixed!
- Noté 4 sur 5I guess the option "immediately restore page" is to not click to restore or reload the tab, but it has no effect, it is still necessary to click to restore
- Noté 4 sur 5Not bad, but it requires to click on the page to reload when you re-enter the tab. The same applies for bookmarked tabs as they are saved with the unique URL. This is rather annoying.
Otherwise seems to work well.
E: just saw in another reply from the author, that this can be avoided by unchecking the default experimental non-native discarding. If this would be noted somewhere obvious or be better descriptive than "native discarding", i think this would help this confusion.
- Noté 5 sur 5Это расширение экономит оперативную память, которая нужна для других программ, которые нужны.
- Noté 5 sur 5Was using "Great suspender" on Chrome.
Tab Suspender is doing the same.
Would like to have the option (in contextual menu) to never suspend a tab without having to pin it.
- Noté 4 sur 5This add-on appears to work when manually suspending tabs, but the automatic suspend feature does not appear to be suspending tabs after the default 60 seconds.
Secondly, there is no screenshot of a suspended tab displayed after suspending the site when the tab is clicked. I expect this feature from a tab suspension tool, as I'd like to still be able to see what the site looked like when it was suspended. With these features working it would be perfect.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 8 moisHello and thanks for your review!
I need to investigate this problems with automatic suspending.
Extension is still in development process, sorry for any bugs and problems.
I will add your screenshots idea to task list, but date of release of this feature is unknown because there is many other tasks to do and bugs to fix.
- Noté 5 sur 5This extension is becoming more and more like The Great Suspender on Google Chrome and I personally love that. Love the extension and thank you very much for your hard work!
- Noté 3 sur 5Hi. what about the chance of charge the tab when it gain focus? ThanksHello and thanks for review!
In Tab Suspender's settings is option called 'Non-native discarding', by default this option is enabled.
If you turn off this option Tab Suspender will be loading pages immediately in native mode - but I do not recommend this. Non-native mode is a lot more stable.
Loading tabs immediately in non-natvie mode - This feautre I want to bring in one of the next updates. Because of that non-native mode is still in beta there not everything is finished.
- Noté 2 sur 5This has potential. However, when some websites are suspended they deleted all data entered in fields or force the page to re-run an operation once unsuspended.
The easy fix for this is an option to whitelist certain domains and urls. Take a look at the Great Suspender on Chrome. That is the perfect setup for an add-on like this.Hello and thanks for review!
It is true, there is still no detecting of tabs with data fields.
I still works on features and stability, whitelist feature will be added in near future.
I know The Great Suspender. My goal is that make this add-on as it is possible, similar to Chrome's TGS.
- Noté 2 sur 5Doesn't let you specify domains or per-tab suspension rules and also seems to cause Firefox to freeze/hang for 5-10 seconds every minute or so. Removing the extension/disabling it caused the hanging to stop.Hello and thanks for review!
Last update brings non-native discarding, it is still in experimental/beta phase.
I hope this method of discarding would resolve your problems with freezing Firefox.
- Noté 1 sur 5This isnt a tab suspender. It closes your tabs. Learned this the hard way when it deleted about an hour's worth of work. Even if that wasn't the case it'd be too barebones to get above a 3/5.
- Noté 2 sur 5hi
Why are ther no screenshots??
What features does it have? And whay are they not listed here?
Option to unload all other tabs than the actual?
Would suspended and then bookmarked tabs be readable without your addon?
- Noté 4 sur 5Please make Russian support for your addon, and I would like Tab Suspender to be as similar in functionality to The Great Suspender as possible.
And yet, for some reason, the addon icon on the toolbar is not displayed for me.Hello and thanks for review!
There are still a lot of work with features and stability, so support for languages will be added but for now I don't know when.
Icon is not visible because I decided to improve this feature before adding it as release version.