Noté 4 sur 5
4 étoiles sur 5
- par Gabriel, il y a un moisNoté 4 sur 5This addon has great potential for being in C. It suspends the tab much faster then "The Great Suspender" addon.
It works very well but some important things lack:
- Don't suspend forms or pages with unsaved input.
(users of this extension should set to a longer time before suspending to avoid accidents of losing data)
- Option to save a print of the page.
- A nice "tab suspended page". The current looks like some warning off broken page.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 16092650 de Firefox, il y a un moisNoté 4 sur 5The one thing I would like is when you have "Automatically suspend tabs" enabled, there should be a configuration option to add "Never suspend tab" to the tab menu.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13959071 de Firefox, il y a 2 moisNoté 5 sur 5Super lightweight tab suspending utility with automatic suspension. It's a lot quicker than other tab suspenders. Even though it's in an experimental phase, it's quite stable!
- par NaoPb, il y a 2 moisNoté 4 sur 5This add-on is really usefull on my older machines. It really helps to free up memory.
I only wish that it wouldn't turn on Automatic suspend by default. Because every time I install it on a system, it nearly crashes the machine trying to suspend all the open tabs at once (which can be a lot, which is why I needed this add-on).
And maybe some kind of feedback can be added when you click the button to save settings, so you know it's saved them.
Other than that I really like the add-on and I thank you for making it.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 2 moisHello and thanks for review!
Next release will be have automatic suspend disabled by default but currently I cannot estimate when I will publish next release because there are a lot work to do!
- par Renavor, il y a 2 moisNoté 1 sur 5Greetings fellow developer.
First of all, I must recognize the usefulness of this tool:
- Suspends the tabs without much hazzle and saves memory
- Simple suspension page, meaning no memory consumed to show an fancy site
Now, I believe some improvements would come in handy:
- Ability to recover suspended tabs after uninstalling the add-on
- Proper detection of audio / video playing in tabs so that they do not get suspended (got a podcast suspended by it)
- Proper detection of forms and inputs being edited. I cannot emphasize this more. I have had long pieces of written text lost forever because the add-on decided to suspend tabs that were obviously active with inputs on them. This was a HUGE turn off for me and is what prompted me to remove it. Twitter and Facebook posts, comments on websites, Reddit, even MEDIUM got suspended just because I changed tabs for a few minutes! Had I not had the autosave feature on that site I would have lost at least 4 hours and more than 1000+ words worth of work.
In short, this is useful for people whose main usage of the browser is reading. But for writers and editors it is a humongous pain in the ass if you need to change a tab for a moment.
And still, everyone at some point interacts with inputs and forms in websites. This is a must-fix.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 2 moisHello!
Thanks for your review and sorry for that you lost your work!
Extension is still in alpha/experimental phase, When I was developing it for first time I wasn't aware of that anyone but me will be using it, as a result of that extension started as project only for learn purpose.
Now I'm rewriting whole extension to make it more usable for other people and what is most important - more stable - current build (3.7.4) has memory leaks :(.
Detecting forms is feature that is in roadmap but I don't started implementing it yet because as you noticed there still bugs in other fields of extension.
I added more visible warning about possibility of lost data in forms. Maybe less people will encounter such big loss as you encountered.
Please check extension in future, I'm working to make it smooth and native like experience for all users.
- par Matz, il y a 3 moisNoté 5 sur 5Great app, it made my day!
Reduced memory usage by 15%.
Piotr I would suggest you to make a screenshot of the "Options" to set the app directly in your info/descriprion; it took me a while to understand how to keep permanently active a tab without being always suspended. Thanks.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15900598 de Firefox, il y a 3 moisNoté 5 sur 5Love this add-on, works the closest to The Great Suspender. The other tab suspender add-ons in Firefox reloads the tab as soon as you click on them, which isn't really ideal. I am just looking to suspend the tab without it reloading every time and this add-on does the job perfectly.
- par The Chase, il y a 4 moisNoté 4 sur 5The Best Tab suspender for Firefox! But there are two small inconveniences:
* Can't sync syspended tabs between different devices (The Great Suspender for Chrome could sync suspended tabs)
* When unsuspend any youtube video - active position is a little bit different - 1-3 minutes earlier then was suspended
- par Mayoor Patel, il y a 4 moisNoté 4 sur 5Hello Developer, I thank you to provide such a great app. I found it all Very PERFECT except just one thing. Please provide "Blacklist" (of URLs) option which does not suspend the URLs in that Blacklist. For example, I would not like to auto-suspend tabs like my live-drafting e-mail, WhatsApp Web, etc while all other tabs should be in auto-suspend mode. For that purpose, there's no option to add those in blacklist so that it never gets suspended while all others will.
Anyways, otherwise it definitely IS a great app. Thank you.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15033088 de Firefox, il y a 4 moisNoté 3 sur 5Seems to do the job just fine, although when it suspends .pdfs, they can't be reopened except by copy-pasting the url. Also it loses the scroll position which is irritating when reading long pieces of writing.
- par Tom, il y a 5 moisNoté 5 sur 5Great extension. But whenever I disable it, it becomes impossible to restore my tabs since (as it's been pointed out before) the url gets replaced, if this can't be fixed it would be nice to at least have an option to restore all suspended tabs. Other than that, it took me a while to realize I had to actually click on save to save the settings, it's not a big deal but it seems counter intuitive since most firefox extensions will apply setting changes instantly. Either way, keep up the good work!
Edit: I've also been using this addon in conjunction with the "Simple Tab Groups" and it doesn't seem to suspend tabs in groups other than the current one. Again, I don't know how fixable this is but I thought I might as well mention it