- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 12686938 de Firefox, il y a 17 joursNoté 2 sur 5This is the message I get with 720p:
"Converting these streams to downloadable formats for you needs powerful server infrastructure, therefore 1080p/mp3 downloading has been limited to PRO users."
Otherwise, most attempts are "Download Failed"
YT1s.com works without issue, every time.
- par giuuulian, il y a un moisNoté 2 sur 5The extension is still being marketed as "1080p / 256kbps dl capability" but truth is that even 720p is not available for free users anymore. First they cut 1080, then 720p, hiding behind the same excuses to push the PRO version.
This extension did not build its reputation with the paid version. What can you do with 480p videos in 2021?
- par Dennis R. Levesque, il y a un moisNoté 2 sur 5First, I have more than one downloader. The request to review it did not include an icon/logo of this app, so I don't really know which app this review is for. So, I can't really say much about it. Big mistake right off the bat. Second, the permissions required to use MANY apps are too general and not restricted enough. Example: "Access your data for all web sites". This is way too broad and a BIG security risk. This should be restricted to specific items for specific reasons, and not left to the honor system. Other things like reading my clipboard is not necessary, and should be restricted to reading only what is pasted into the app by the user. If I don't want to paste it, then it shouldn't be allowed to read it. All this applies especially to passwords and user data. It's way too easy to abuse it's purpose. The purpose can be fulfilled without access to user's passwords and sensitive data; you just have to do it the right way without taking the "easy way out" to avoid the effort.
I like the idea of the app and it's output, but it's internal workings are seriously flawed. It needs a serious audit.
Instead of donating to the app/cause/support, I'd rather help develop the app by guiding the programmers on how they ought to program it. Any takers?
- par Mirhanda, il y a 2 moisNoté 2 sur 5This used to be good, but now they want you to hand over a fist full of cash before you can download. Was one of my favorite add ons for years and years, but now I guess I'll uninstall.
- par James, il y a 3 moisNoté 2 sur 5Same as many other comments in the past 24h... download button gone, hopefully a fix coming soon. I don't blame the developer but of course right now the app is useless.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13213923 de Firefox, il y a 3 moisNoté 2 sur 5This add on wastes so much of my life. Look developers: Charge me whatever you need to. I don't care. Just give me a service that actually works. As fast and simple and high quality as possible. Charge whatever you need to. Stop being a child. Grow up and be a real business.
- par Fractallis, il y a 6 moisNoté 2 sur 5I understand when a service requires payment so that creators of the add-on won't pay for the service from their own pocket, but in this case there are other add-ons which are using other methods that doesn't require useres to pay for such add-on, thus 2 stars. 1 stars for good looking layout, 2nd star for letting people choose how much they are gonna pay for this add-on (but I won't, lol XD).
- par CheshireRaptor, il y a 6 moisNoté 2 sur 5After taking a look, almost all of the five star reviews are just someone hitting five stars and no actual review and I personally don't count those type of "reviews". This is NOT easy to use in PRO as you have to follow the steps CAREFULLY and read EVERYTHING. If you want to download anything above 360p (at the time of this review) you HAVE to give them money. 360p is the ONLY option you have unless you go pro. Also if you want much FASTER, cleaner, ad-free and streamlined downloading experience you have to give them money. The cheapest you can pay to get things is $10 and they claim it's a one time fee. Even with the Pro some larger videos, anything above 144.2mb (4 min and longer) take awhile to compile, so it is by no means "fast". The 2 and a half minute video (29.8 mb) went fast. And for reference, I have fiber internet. Currently downloading an 144.2mb, 175.5mb and a 583.3mb videos at the same time. You defiantly cannot do more than one video at a time. Been over 16 minutes for the three. While the small video took less than a second on Pro and this was with the 583.3mb video already started. Even after the two smaller videos finished compiling (about 30 minutes) the larger one is still going - been about sixteen minutes on it's own and it's just now at 50%. Been over 46 minutes downloading. In the end, it took an hour ON IT'S OWN to compile.
The free version of the video I downloaded (144.2mb file) obviously wasn't a grand copy but I saw no ads in it. It of course downloaded faster than the Pro version of it, but to be fair, it was the first video I downloaded and there was nothing to tell me how long it took. Had to check the folder to see that it was done. The Pro version of the same video was better looking, still no ads and for them both the sound was similar.
I completely understand that this stuff takes time and someone needs to stay on top of it, but don't lie to people and say the reasoning is that it "needs powerful server infrastructure". Because of this lie I'd suggest downloading JDownloader Plus for free and learning to use that. It's not too difficult and you can get the 1080p for free.