- par asdf asdf, il y a un anNoté 5 sur 5Best container add on I've used. Lots of options and shows all tabs open in all containers in a nice tree. Surprised it doesn't have more downloads but maybe it just takes time. Very nice, thank you.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14957234 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 5 sur 5Terrific extension and exactly what I was looking for! I was previously working with tab groups, but now much more like the containerized approach of Conex!
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14700785 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 5 sur 5Thanks so much for this pioneering add-on, and for the huge amount of work you must have put into it! I finally found time to try it out, and - it's taking some getting used to, but it's mostly making me very happy. I won't say how many tabs I had in my back-up file ;) but it brought them all back.
My only major problem is not being able to figure out how to change the order of my containers, as they appear in the Conex popup - am I missing something? I tried editing the containers.json file in my profile folder by hand, but it didn't work.
Also - are you - the developer - allowed to change the name of the Conex xpi file in the containers folder to something more easily identifiable? It's a pain searching through the randomly-named list of files to find yours.
- par cr0ybot, il y a 2 ansNoté 5 sur 5As a web developer, this is the most important add-on for Firefox. If I was forced to remove all but a single add-on, this is the one I would keep.
I need a lot of tabs open at once for many different projects, and I got used to the old TabGroups feature before it was removed. Conex saved me from Tab Hell.
Honestly, Conex is even better than what TabGroups used to be. It was a niche and mostly forgotten feature, and so never received many updates or bugfixes. My favorite feature of Conex is that it utilizes Containers, so my different project tab groups can have different persistent logins for sites like GitHub or Google.
I hope that I have an opportunity to give back to this amazing, open-source add-on.
- par TheLittlePrince, il y a 2 ansNoté 5 sur 5Great Addon and perfectly done! Unlike other products Connex works very smooth at changing containers. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
I hope development has not stopped!
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 10822314 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansNoté 5 sur 5This add-on is a life-saviour. So much important that should be incorporated by default in FF. The only thing I miss right now is that my list of tabs is that long I need to scroll to reach some group when I click on that colourful Conex square. Please will someone implement longer list, that can detect screen resolution and use as much space as possible?
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 2 ansHey: thanks for the review, developer here: the list can’t be made longer due to Firefox capping the max height :(
Using the search helps field helps a lot making the list smaller though.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14293671 de Firefox, il y a 3 ansNoté 5 sur 5Love this extension! Instead of 8-10 windows with 8-10 tabs each, and fumbling around to figure out which one has the tab I need, I can have just ONE window with all my tabs - but only the tabs of the group I have selected shows! The search/history feature is also excellent. Keeping containers separate so I can be logged into Gmail on three different accounts at once, but none of them know about the other. Easily move a tab from one container to another. Just a huge, huge timesaver!
One question - I'm just now using Firefox Sync on my Android device, I have containers, but when I look for the Conex extension, I can't find it?
- par Cathbadian, il y a 3 ansNoté 5 sur 5I've been using Chrome, a lot. Then this extension was finally released and I could get back to using Firefox with a very good replacement for tabgroups. This extension makes it so easy to keep your browser session organised, uncluttered, and easy to navigate. Massive thank you to the developer! A couple of missing features from tabgroups, but mostly aesthetics and a couple of quirks that don't seriously impinge on the core functionality. Paired with a good session backup solution and Firefox is FINALLY back to where I love using it.
- par João Clemente, il y a 3 ansNoté 5 sur 5Hi great jobs with the addon.
i have a question, in the large menu, in the expand countainer list, is it possible for the order of the tabs to appear in the order they are in the countainer? It seems that they appear in the order of last access, if I am not mistaken.
Regards and good work
- par JesperSjoquist, il y a 3 ansNoté 5 sur 5Great work man! You're a life saver :) Or at the very least a tab saver!
Your add-on has pretty much all the features I'm looking for.
Only thing missing that I've seen so far is opening links into the same tab group you are currently in if you're opening them from a pinned tab. They seem to always open into the default group regardless of which group is active at the moment.
- par jusuff, il y a 3 ansNoté 5 sur 5Finally, something that allows you to comfortably work with Firefox after 57.
A very nice combination of contexts with grouping cards. Still far from the functionality of Tab Groups, but this is due to the limitations of the current api and not the extension itself. Conex, by the way, "squeezes" almost everything that is possible from the current api.
Most lacking feature is synchronization between devices (but again, this is probably a limitation of Firefox contexts, not the extension itself).