- par Ahmed, il y a un anNoté 4 sur 5A very nice extension however, I miss a feature where you can re-order the containers both in the settings and the list. Is it something to come?
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a un anI am currently lacking the time to do big features, especially as my rewrite did not perform well enough :(
For this specific Problem, there is a work around though: if you go into Firefox preferences (not the conex settings) you can rename the containers. Containers with a leading space (' ') will come first. The more spaces, the higher up. Spaces will not be shown by conex, so visually you won't notice it
- par Dr. Clinker!, il y a 3 ansNoté 4 sur 5A great alternative of the old Tab Groups addon. However, it seems that this add-on cannot work compatibly with some tab beautifier such as Tabliss. While my default new tab is managed by Tabliss, any new tab I open will go to the `default` container instead of current container. Any suggestion?
- par piecevcake, il y a 3 ansNoté 4 sur 5Its got some bugs, but well put together, well featured, good issues site, and fills an essential gap - transferring tabs between containers. One of the BEST is the ability to search for a tab by word, in all your windows, groups, trees and containers, and jump to it. What a headache saver! :-)
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13366416 de Firefox, il y a 3 ansNoté 4 sur 5Un outil plein de promesses, mais pas encore au point. Divers plantages et bogues, et surtout des fuites de mémoire qui ralentissent progressivement FF (et le PC) au fil du temps. Mais pour ce qui est des fonctionnalités, c'est tout à fait ce qu'il me faut (faudrait).
Merci !! et continuez à progresser, hein !! :D
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 12489259 de Firefox, il y a 3 ansNoté 4 sur 5Nice job.
We almost are back to TabGroup (still missing the tab panel).
Another thing missing is the assignment of a complete domain to a container;
The assignment seems to be done site-wise only.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13773027 de Firefox, il y a 3 ansNoté 4 sur 5Hi! Thanks for developing this; at this point (with tab hide functionality), it functions almost as well for me as Tab Groups did before, and this is what actually prompted me to upgrade to quantum. But there is one pet peeve of mine that is hopefully not too hard to fix. I middle-click on my bookmarks toolbar all the time, and new tabs with links from the toolbar always open in default container. Would it be possible to change it to be consistent with opening an empty new bar, which already happens in the container you're currently in (maybe not as default behavior, but as an option)? Also, would it be possible to have the container drop-down menu that is sorted in any other way than alphabetically?
Edited, since I guess one can't post answers to dev comments. :-)
Edit: well, I guess ideally one could arrange the containers in the list by hand, through drag-and-drop or any other way, but even the order they are in about:preferences#containers (which is, I guess, the order of their creation) would be fine to have.There is already an issue for the first problem you described… I will try to implement it.
For the second issue: what do you mean by “any other way”?
EDIT: mmm ... sorting in any way would be very low on my prio list -- there are more urgent thinks.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13717508 de Firefox, il y a 3 ansNoté 4 sur 5Everything looks good only nitpicks i have is that when switching container groups it's a bit slow when there's over 50-300 tabs in it and pdf/html files that opens a new tab and the addon page/about:config in firefox switches the container to default container tab instead of opening it in the current container.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 6210085 de Firefox, il y a 3 ansNoté 4 sur 5If it had the over view for tabs then it would be perfect. I'd also like to see a more intuitive way to move tabs between groups. Otherwise it does a decent job at replacing tab groups.
I've been using the addon for some time now and I am better at using it. I still long for the old Tab Groups functionality but Conex is filling in most of it. Kudos to the developer.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13019513 de Firefox, il y a 3 ansNoté 4 sur 5is it possible to add the ability to add and rename folder name ?Yes: please paste the url "about:preferences#containers" in the location bar or -- alternatively -- open the preferences and look for the container settings.
- par kcufuoyeid, il y a 4 ansNoté 4 sur 5Tab Groups triples the productivity for me. I can't even remember how I managed with it. Was it Mutiple browser windows, what the hell.
The addon has it's heart in the right place, I hope it can become functional replacement at some point. I will certainly keep an eye on this addon and update my review.
To Mozilla: Thanks for killing Tab Groups, not once but twice! I'm begrudgingly sticking with Firefox but Chrome and Edge are the browsers I will be suggesting to co workers and family from now on.