Fantastic approach! Noté 5 sur 5 étoiles
I deeply understand your sensitivity to ownership. In my eyes - you are an owner - because so customisable addon is just a STANDARD. So it is worth to push this STANDARD anyway.
But I think even currently there are many things that can be done almost immediately.
1. You wrote that every user can add its own userscript. It is fantastic, but you probably meant - every advanced user, the amateours like me and newcomers - can not.
2. But what they do can - is copy such user scripts from some place/webpage, let say, Library of user scripts and paste them in your amazing shell-configurator.
3. The other addon owners can also provide some kind of calling their features (like user scripts) and even don't need to pass their addon verification. And not advanced users also can copy such things and paste them to your shell. To remove this item from Main Context menu (from right click) user can via Menu Editor.
4. All that is necessary - is to ensure them to make such not big effort.
5. It is also worth to add to your configurator the possibility to move up/doun the items and to be able to create subitems. and add separators. Currently there is no necessity in subitems, but as soon as the number of items will dramatically grow - such feature becomes important.
6. Regarding Copy feature. I think it should be feature to allow also autocopy from non-writable fields (this option can be enabled/disabled by user).
In general all this will turn your addon also as Clickless Menu Editor.
Thank you for your feedback.
I am glad that you favored this addon.
1-4. Enable to use other addon's features from Clickless menu.
You meant ways of using the userscripts?
If you have any questions about using, tell me the addon's name that want to use.
You may be able to copy and paste my responses(script) to configuration page of Clickless menu.
5-6. Other enhancement suggestions.
(1) Moving up/down the items : Implemented. Drag and drop it.
(2) Separators : Implemented. Type "<separator>" in URL/Script field.
(3) Sub menus : I considered it, but I was pass it over because it seems to complex for its feature.
(4) Autocopy : It is not goal of this addon, so I will not implement it.
And, I created a new thread about this addon at support forum.
If you have more feedback or questions, please post there.
Fantastic approach! Noté 5 sur 5 étoiles
Thank you for fast respond!
I did not mean you to move features of other addons to clickless menu.
I meant something else.
Your approach with menu on selected text is fantastic and I think it must become STANDARD.
What do I mean? Currently every developer that want to add some item to main context menu does it by some standard way and this item appears in it by right click.
So, I think, if you can define your approach as STANDARD and describe it in your developers forums - it will be great.
And process of moving features of other addons will be done by addons owners by some standard ways, defined by you.
In other words you should define some common rules that allow developers to migrate their right click features, handling with selected text to "Menu on selected text" that becomes a standard as main context menu.
You should own only the general shell, allowing developers to add their items to it.
Your approach worth to be patented, I think.
Thank you for interesting comment.
I will consider adding that feature in future versions.
Incidentally, the idea of showing the menu when text selected is not mine.
I have ever seen it in some places on the web.
I just made the scripts that can be used that idea in Firefox.
And maybe there are similar addons also in AMO.
Thank you again.
Nice, elegant and useful Noté 5 sur 5 étoiles
Thank you very much!
Very smart approach. The selected text anyway need some action - why do we need to make right click and then choose the action?
Is it possible to move all such items (from other addons) that are currently in the main context menu into your Clickless menu?
It would be fantastic. The main context menu will become smaller and the usage will become few times more comfortable.
It is different in each addon
Thank you for using this addon.
I tested to see if is available in Clickless-menu using some Featured addons.
Available or not is different in each addon.
If you can tell me the addons that you are using, I will examine it.
Or, if you hope to solve it yourself, please refer to the following: