par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15892547 de Firefox, il y a un an
Noté 5 sur 5
Absolutely BRILLIANT. Thanks so much. It returns folder folder names in search results, which the built in search doesnt :-) Even site icons eventually show up, just takes some time.
- par Bagus I, il y a 23 joursNoté 1 sur 5hey ,,, why I cant select more than one bookmark in the same time, to copy or cut the bookmark to another folder. this is important thing right?? i want manager my phone bookmark with my dekstop
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 22 joursHello Bagus, yes this is important and this is work in progress, see https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues/29 and https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues/181
This is a multi-steps work in the code, and I do not have a lot of time currently, but coming soon now.
- par Alpengreis, il y a 5 moisNoté 5 sur 5Very good, thank you so much! I hope FF does give access to its own DB of favicons soon, then it would be "easier" yet ...
At least my vote for bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1315616 is made.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13133090 de Firefox, il y a 6 moisNoté 5 sur 5Very helpful addon, I use this all the time, thanks! There's just one additional feature I wish it had. Is there a way to automatically focus to the search bar when the extension is opened so I can start typing immediately? Thanks.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 6 moisWhen this Firefox bug will be corrected, that should be a yes
Please vote for it :-)
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13108677 de Firefox, il y a 6 moisNoté 5 sur 5Bookmark Search Plus 2 finds and displays the parent folder of a bookmark in a simple, obvious way, and does it instantly.
A perfect replacement for the now-defunct GoParentFolder extension.
I have thousands of bookmarks, and since GoParentFolder stopped working a while back now, I've been using Bookmark Manager And Viewer. While I appreciate the functionality of that extension, it can be slow and it freezes frequently.
The promo page for Bookmark Search Plus 2 says it has other features but I haven't tried these out yet.
Thanks for developing this extension, aafn.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 6 moisThank you. Yes, losing GoParentFolder and the 2 other extensions from Alice0775 was really a pain. And my primary motivation for writing and extending this addon, as it was showing helpful to others also.
- par bLoodyBios, il y a 7 moisNoté 5 sur 5This is must have! It fixes one most annoying firefox things - u can't search for folders in bookmarks. It almost perfect add-on. If it would be able to search tags too, it would be super perfect.
P.S. Sorry for my terrible English.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14596217 de Firefox, il y a 9 moisNoté 5 sur 5Grâce à cette extension on peut enfin réduire automatiquement les autres dossiers lorsque l'on en ouvre un autre (en plus de ce qui est indiqué dans la description), enfin !!!!!!!!!!
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13574424 de Firefox, il y a 9 moisNoté 5 sur 5it have functionalities that you need if you want to work with bookmarks. Notice that you can CHANGE THE FONT SIZE IN THE OPTIONS
i can't find the way to SELECT MULTIPLE BOOKMARKS AND MOVE TO A FOLDER like you can do in the library panel. somebody know how to do this?
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 9 moisHello, multiple selection is not yet available and is still a TODO = https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues/29
Note: I just recently restarted working on it, hopefully it will be out in a couple of versions.
Thank you, aaFn.
- par paulc, il y a 10 moisNoté 5 sur 5This is excellent. This is the single best productivity improvement for bookmarks you can get on any browser. The search works across both folder and bookmark names. It provides an interactive split window above default bookmarks so you can search and manage bookmarks in one. I switched from Chrome to Firefox exclusively to try this feature and I am amazed how well it works.
- par DeLaPiscina, il y a 10 moisNoté 3 sur 5I used to have the Alice0775 Go Parent Folder Extension, and like many, many others I've been looking for a suitable replacement ever since FF 57. I read through a good many of the reviews for, Bsp2, and I am impressed! I really do want to use it. However, I don't understand how one is expected to trust this extension (as well as many others out there) when the following happens:
1. At the top of the extension's home page this warning is prominently displayed:
"This is not monitored for security through Mozilla's Recommended Extensions program. Make sure you trust it before installing."
2. Then, in the Permissions section one reads:
'Access your data for all websites' which, at least for me, raises flags right away.
3. Of course, one then obviously follows the link being offered in this same 'Permissions' section which reads: 'Learn more about permissions'. That link then leads one to the explanations page:
'Permission request messages for Firefox extensions'
4. There, one can read the particular explanation for the specific permission:
'Access your data for all websites'
"The extension can read the content of any web page you visit as well as data you enter into those web pages, such as usernames and passwords."
Say what? Call me paranoid, but at that point my brain is already thinking, "There is no way I'm installing this thing!" And granted, the explanation does go on to say:
"Extensions requesting this permission might:
-Offer a password manager that reads and writes details of your username and password"
However, that explanation does little to assuage my fears that my usernames and passwords will become accessible, and possibly be misused.
In all seriousness, I would be elated to know that there is a worthy, and possibly better, replacement for 'Go Parent Folder'; and that once again I'm able to find the parent folder to my thousands of bookmarks with just a couple of clicks. For me however, this permissions (overreach) issue really stands in the way. As I said, I read many of the reviews for Bsp2, as well as the many thoughtful replies, and it does seem this extension's creator is well intended.
Searching for the word 'password' in all the reviews, it appears I'm the only one who has pointed out this issue, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way though. Perhaps, I'm simply just the only one whose taken the time to bring it up. I would venture to say that many potential users are being spooked by the wording of the permission descriptions and explanations. AaFn, please shed some light on this issue. I really want to use your app!
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 10 moisHello @DeLaPiscina, thank you for taking the time to write that review.
There are really 2 points:
1. Statement at top of the extension's home page.
This is Mozilla's approach, and yes I believe that even than if gentler than initially conceived by them, it would be more factual and generating less anxiety if it could have 3 values instead of only two : Elected, Not screened (= BSP2 case), or Not recommended.
The way it is currently set, it merges the last 2 values together, and so puts in the same bag everything ... and people have no way to make sure they trust an extension without reviewing themselves the add-on source code (see https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2) ... I am not sure everybody can do that ...
2. 'Access your data for all websites'
See https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/wiki/Permissions-and-Privacy-policy for an explanation.
As soon as https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1315616 is provided, BSP2 will be able to drop that permission.
Note that if you are concerned with BSP2 accessing web sites to retrieve the favicons, you can disable that in its Options page. The drawback is that you lose the favicons (= little icons for each URL) in the bookmark tree.
I could try to implement a mechanism for that option to be optional and ask for it in a popup window, but this is a lot of code for a Firefox limitation which shouldn't be there (Chrome doesn't have that limitation), and which I hope will disappear by fixing the bug, so temporary situation. See https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues/91
Meanwhile, I fully sympathize with what you expose, being myself a bit paranoid on the Internet :-). And you are not the only one concerned, I saw a few others concerned by this before also. This is why I documented in details for each permission why BSP2 is needing it (again -> https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/wiki/Permissions-and-Privacy-policy)
I hope this helps. Thanks, aaFn.