- Noté 4 sur 5I love this app, but I wish it would also allow you to do tags and keywords like the regular firefox bookmarks do!
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 12 joursHello, yes we would all love to, but no app can do that for now, this is not provided by Firefox :-(
If you can vote on Bugzilla to get this promoted, please do so .. it is P3 right now, and 4 years old -> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1225916
- Noté 1 sur 5no method to select multiple bookmark at sametime in the sidebar, such as holding ctrl or shift keys to select multiple bookmark to move or delete.
- Noté 5 sur 5addresses effectively the need of easily identifying the containing folder of a bookmark in Firefox; a feature which is desperately missing as built-in in firefox since ever
- Noté 5 sur 5Works as advertised, but I'm using the current version of Firefox and Nirsoft's Currports. I started noticing that under certain conditions, this extension opens ports to all my bookmarked IP addresses. Turns out that disabling favicon fetching in options stops this activity. Took a lot of work to narrow it down to this extension.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 2 moisHello John Corliss, correct, when installing the add-on, it retrieves once each favicon directly on their page and caches them. This is because FF does not give access to its own DB of favicons :-(
You can let it go and then it stops when all favicons are fetched (duration of the phase will obviously depend on the number of bookmark items you have), or as you did you stop fetching and then miss the little favicons. This will get better when FF fixes the above bug / adds the function.
Thank you, aaFn.
- Noté 5 sur 5Simple, efficace, rapide, avec un raccourcis clavier pour aller très vite. J'aime beaucoup. Bravo !!!
Great job !!
- Noté 4 sur 5I want this to open filesystem bookmarks (of the form "file://PATH" ) just like the stock bookmarks sidebar. Is this possible?
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 2 moisHello Joe, unfortunate:ly this is forbidden by Firefox Security rules, an Add-on cannot open surch URL's, these are trapped as security exceptions and the process is interrupted.
- Noté 5 sur 5Firefox lacks for parent folder in bookmarks. This extension does the job.
- Noté 4 sur 5Awesome addon, one that I looking for after the new Firefox eliminated many good addon last time. Now I finally able to search the folder of my bookmarks again ! Works great !
- Noté 5 sur 5You are literally a God send! I can not tell you the number of FF updates I refused to do after Bookmark search plus would no longer work. The very first time I reverted back to the former version to keep it and then I never updated until FF forced me to - and then I hated them, more than figuratively. The only reason my eye was drawn this is b/c I did such an extensive search on Alice0775. I researched her every which way to Sunday.
All to no avail, of course!
But my efforts are now rewarded b/c I recognize her name in your description.
So THANK YOU!!!! I have long waited for this return. I SO appreciate you!!
From my initial use, it is awesome! Works just like it needs to. The added cut and paste is brilliant. Thanks again!!
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 3 moisHello, welcome, and happy this is meeting your need :-)
Your frustration was exactly what happened to me also with FF 57 / Quantum, and which motivated me to take over this sequel, since Alice0775 apparently stopped doing anything on it https://github.com/alice0775/userChrome.js/issues/37#issuecomment-363050019
- Noté 5 sur 55 Stars for this incredibly useful extension ! Thank you 2 the developer :).
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 4 moisHello, the search function is usually very fast. Could you open an issue on https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues to investigate together ?
On multi-selection, yes this is in the todo list https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues/29
that will come :-)
- Noté 5 sur 5Simply excellent!
This is exactly what I've been expecting Mozilla to implement in Firefox (for years! but in vain): locate one given bookmark in my large bookmarks folders tree. Luckily, aaFn did it :) Thank you so much!
If I were to make a little suggestion: would it be possible to remove the extension _version_number_ from the side tool bar, this makes a long string ("Bookmark search plus 2 v2.0.64") that doesn't fit entirely in my side tool bar ;) Plus one doesn't expect to read about the version number there (but rather on the extension configuration page). Thanks. And congratulations for your professional consciousness (great efforts put in documenting your extension, transparency, privacy-awareness, kindness to end users...)!
Looking forward to help translating your extension to French as soon as feasible (what would be the best way to monitor the evolution of this announced internationalization feature btw?).
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 4 moisHello GNU/Val, thank you for the review.
Indeed, now the version is available by hovering on the magnifying glass icon, and also on the toolbar icon, so it is superflouous in the sidebar title, your comment is good. I will remove it in 2.0.65 to make that shorter.
Internationalization is tracked through an issue on GitHub -> https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues/62
I didn't start for now, still acting on functions.
Thank you, aaFn.
------------- Update ---------------
The version is removed from the extension name on the sidebar, as of 2.0.65. Thanks, aaFn.
- Noté 5 sur 5Fantastic! You did an outstanding job giving us the functionality of the old obsolete extension! In fact, I like it better -- it has more functionality. Two instances of it can independently operate side-by-side: in the sidebar and in an adjacent tab. This functionality can be very useful and powerful. Thanks!
- Noté 4 sur 5causes OOM small in firefox 68, see also
https://www.camp-firefox.de/forum/thema/128274-addon-f%C3%BCr-anzeige-des-orts-der-lesezeichen/?postID=1119715#post1119715Hello Registrierter Benutzer, ok, can you open an issue on https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues so that we track this down ?
I also see that https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx (Speravir ?) suggested some customizations specific to BSP2. If you can bring him in, we could also see how to integrate better maybe ?
- Noté 4 sur 5Why can't anyone make a Addon that searches for folders!! I have spent a ridiculous amount of time looking for something that finds the NAMES of folders and have found none. I really like this addon however can the developer make this perfect by adding search folder functionality. Thanks.Hello jon482, this add-on searches for any bookmark item, be they folders or bookmarks.
For folders, this is using their title, which is what I believe you call their name.
For bookmarks, this is using their title or their url, whichever matches.
So it does what you want .. or let me know what I am missing.
If there is a feature you would like to see added, please ask here -> https://github.com/aaFn/Bookmark-search-plus-2/issues
Thank you, aaFn.
- Noté 3 sur 5Hi! Thanks for this extension! Not too bad! It is really great that it includes also bookmark library folders in the list of results.
- full page display (dragging the left bookmark search plus 2 sidebar is limited to approx a third of the window width)
- text cursor should jump right in the search field in order to immediately type the search string (without need to click firs in the search field)
- in preferences: what does it mean "Show bookmarks"? I don't see that function
- good to provide these preferences options:
* leave open or close bsp2 sidebar after clicking on a bookmark to open the bookmark
* to either open the tree or open the folder entirely (abonding tree structure display), when clicking on a folder (like browsing in a mac finder window)
* disable favicon fetching without they disappear in bookmark library
Thanks!Hello smooth operator, thank you.
In the order, for the 3 first:
- Right click on the magnifing glass in the search box, and click on "Open BSP2 in a tab" .. you'll get what you want :-) (I will make it a more visible menu in a further release)
- As said in response to a review below, that works with Linux, but not with Windows. This is a bug open on Firefox -> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1502713 ... need to wait for FF bug correction.
- "Show bookmark" is the default action when clicking on a search result. Also shown in the context menu when right clicking on a search result. That action scrolls the main panel to where is located the bookmark item corresponding to the result.