- Noté 5 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 17318200 de Firefox, il y a un anAdd-on works as described. I'm enjoying the reviews written by people making thinly-veiled excuses as to why it's Actually Bad because they don't want to admit they enjoy the harassment of people other than themselves online, including totally original hits like:
- "waste of resources" (word replacers can be made in an afternoon by one experienced dev in their free time)
- "lolol imagine being incapable of handling a word, you should turn off the computer" (yet reviewer is incapable of handling letting a functional add-on exist without complaining despite there being plenty of other word replacers they don't care about, hmm - almost like they don't realize people are sick of seeing insults everywhere, so they have to frame it as a weakness/pull argumentum ad iram and call people "oFfEnDeD!11!" or whatever)
- "hurrdurr political virtue signaling it's a sign that Mozilla is going to die!" ("every cause/idea I don't like is virtue signaling so anyone who does it will go away soon because wishful thinking")
- "you can't shut everyone up" (when the add-on never claims to do this and isn't about this in the first place, as it's client-side and not server-side so it isn't silencing anyone...)
- single one-star review with no comment, i.e. "this is bad but I won't say why because I never even tried it and am bothered by its existence"
Not denying that companies can do more to attack the root of this issue, but I get the feeling that's not what these comments are really about.
- Noté 5 sur 5par Sergio, il y a un anI don't know why I haven't discovered this extension before... ahh yes, I know. And it's just that, it's not in other browsers. I don't know why nobody else thought of developing such an extension in other browsers. It is most useful, as someone who has been cyberbullied many times, I am grateful to have found this extension because I will surely be cyberbullied more in the future (I don't know, I'm a target for bullies) but thanks to this I won't read their insults.
- Noté 5 sur 5par samm, il y a un anBonjour, merci pour ce widget filtre anti-insultes, il fonctionne aussi sur mes VOD. Une rectification à faire sur un terme : ce n'est pas en fonction du genre (qui est une construction sociale) mais en raison de leur sexe que les femmes sont violentées. Merci pour votre attention.
- Noté 5 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 17157782 de Firefox, il y a un anIt seems like 90% of the 1-star reviews aren't complaining that there's something wrong or defective with the addon, they're just OFFENDED by its existence.
Here's a suggestion: Don't use it if it offends you that badly!! This doesn't affect you in anyway or form so just piss off. Some people have stuff like this on family computer so kids are less exposed to swear words, or someone is streaming/recording and afraid they'll be demonized.
For the record, it works fine and I personally find it funny.
- Noté 5 sur 5par satellaview, il y a un ani mean it does what it says on the tin, it makes angry people online funnier so im happy
also i think its funny that people go out of their way to dog on this when they could just turn off their computers and ignore this, yk?
- Noté 5 sur 5par A1, il y a 2 ansA great add-on to people that go in various social media websites everyday (principally Twitter, and sometimes Reddit). Good for people who are sensible to cuss words, or simply don't like'em. There are some people that just don't want this type of bad, toxic words in their brain's subcounscious, y'know? I would like to contribute to this add-on, maybe help to create a bad-word filter, idk. It would be great.
- Noté 5 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 16702615 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansJ'ai réussi à supprimer les insultes sexistes et masculiniste de mon vocabulaire grâce à cette application
- Noté 5 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 16840728 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansI will never understand how people are against an additional option. Mozilla does not censor the internet with that extension. It is just an option to make your surfing experience more healthy and less anti feminist. I really feel like some patriarchists feel attacked with that extension and does not want a change to happen in the world.
When you want your absolute "freedom" just dont install it.
For me personally it is a great step towards a better internet and the right step into a world where you can't hate people just because you are anonymus. Thats not freedom thats the art of beeing an asshole and leads to many serious problems like depressions, hate, polarisation and bubbles. Lets make the internet more personal and the people more responsible for what they are doing.
Thanks firefox you made a great step with that add on.